Armando says we’re screwed | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando says we’re screwed

While it's true that every team is chasing the New England Patriots, a lot can happen in the NFL.

What if Miami, the Jets or Buffalo suddenly hit big on a quarterback much like the Patriots did years ago with Tom Brady?

That pick certainly shaped the division. It's not out of the question that another team can make the right choice and rise up. Hopefully it will be Miami.

While it's true that every team is chasing the New England Patriots, a lot can happen in the NFL.

What if Miami, the Jets or Buffalo suddenly hit big on a quarterback much like the Patriots did years ago with Tom Brady?

That pick certainly shaped the division. It's not out of the question that another team can make the right choice a d rise up.
The odds of that happening might as well be zero. The article is sadly very true. Yes **** can happen but NE will most likely be in the ****ing SB again next year. It’s a hell ride that never seems to end.

Well, that was definitely a downer arcticle. Brady is not going to play another five years. He makes less money then Suh because his wife is a billionaire and all the endorsements. The Suh contract was/is bad but if RT works out we will be back in the mix. If Jax had a better QB they would have killed patriots.

Lol I can only hope and pray B.B. is coaching the giants next season. And Brady gets injured early. Nothing critical just enough to end a season and put the question of retirement in his mind

Armando loves to churn out bummers for Dolphin fans. This article say that if we get lucky in the draft we can possibly hit on a super star player. That's quite the revelation. I think the Dolphin faithful would have arrived at that conclusion without being spoon fed this stuff by Armando. I usually skim his stuff to see if it merits actually looking closer.

Lol I can only hope and pray B.B. is coaching the giants next season. And Brady gets injured early. Nothing critical just enough to end a season and put the question of retirement in his mind

Pat Shurmur was hired by the Giants.

Mando is right. At least it feels as if NE will forever win 13 games a year and host the title game. It feels like Miami will never win again.

Difficult to argue with him. Read the threads here, like the Tannehill confidence level thread. Everything is fine. Just keep adding pieces and maintain the patience.

No doubt the front office feels the same way. That's the problem. We have had middling types in high places for so long.

I had an early example of what Armando referred to, and what Jimmy Johnson was so frustrated about...good as the enemy of great. Jimmy was jealous of the Colts and all the elite talent acquired early in the draft several years running. Before Miami had basketball I picked the Milwaukee Bucks to root for, once they drafted Alcindor. There were great seasons and one title before Alcindor forced a trade to the Lakers. I remained loyal to the Bucks. And for the next half dozen years or so it was incredibly frustrating. The Bucks were loaded with very good but not great players -- David Meyers, Junior Bridgeman, Brian Winters, and so forth. Eventually an aging Bob Lanier. That team was smart, well coached by Don Nelson, and gave a tremendous effort all season long. But it simply wasn't the match of the teams with legitimate superstar players, like the Lakers, Celtics and 76ers.

The Bucks were stuck. There was no way to catch those elite teams. They would dependably reach a certain point in the playoffs and then be dismissed. I never kidded myself that the season would end any other way. Darn shame for someone like Don Nelson because he could have been a legendary coach if he merely had legendary players to work with. Every year I could see the reality wear on him...facially and otherwise. He knew the team was stuck.

Football is a bit different. One superstar player is not as meaningful as the NBA, unless it's an all time quarterback like Brady. But I don't have any patience or faith in the current Dolphins approach largely because it feels like I already went through this 40 years ago.

Once the Canes reached their heyday with undeniably great players I didn't have to worry about getting stuck and pretending.

Well shiiiiiiit!

Poor Mando, he could be a future evil villain in the next Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure (it could happen!). Nah, he'll end up working as a transgender Police Chief in Dade under the name Einhorn...Am I allowed to say that?..Bill and Ted?

If Jax had a better QB they would have killed patriots.

I thought Bortles played a pretty good game. 20 points, no mistakes that cost the team the game and close to 100 passer rating. All this despite a conservative offensive plan late in the game and at halftime. He played better than Tannehill has ever played there and on a much bigger stage. The defense was the strength of the Jags and they were a bigger reason for the loss. (2) 4th quarter TD’s allow. Even the best QB’s have little chance when their d give up 2 scores at the end.

BS on the article and I do understand where Armando is coming from but I am not buying his logic. Look we drafted Dan Marino, basically the last pick in the first round and the Pats have been kicking butt since bringing in Bill B. along with a 6th round pick for a QB and still kicked butts with Brady's backups. Sure great QBs get you close but great coaches and general managers keep you going back. Really the phins owners have tried since Shula with picks like Johnson, Parcells and Saban. The first 2 were washed up and Saban realized how much easier coaching college is than NFL and left town. So it comes down to is Gase the man hopefully so but probably not.

Back
Top Bottom