Armando -The Miami Dolphins spent all season dealing with a surprise problem no one could solve

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by uk_dolfan, Jan 12, 2018.

1. PortFin

PortFin Well-Known Member

Look I would love to see Wake be more of a leader too, but it's not his personality. He does enough for this team where I'm not going to criticize him just because he's generally quiet. It's up to the team to bring those guys in, it's not on Wake to be someone he's not.

2. Sarnics13

Sarnics13 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

You've obviously never been to training camp in person. Or sat close enough at a game to see the sidelines clearly.

Dakar001 and russianbear like this.
  3. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

Too much wrong with this 2017 team to list. Why bother doing the autopsy.
    This season died of multiple organ failure.
    Lets just move along to 2018.

Eesti and Trade Viper like this.
  4. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid

Collectively, when you got a band of morons, the following results will follow.

31st in Penalties. 2 years in a row.

Pandarilla likes this.
  5. Digital

Digital Starter Finheaven VIP

Last year we had one guy this coaching staff drafted in the 1st round, Tunsil. We lost our starting LG as Tunsil was switched to LT, so we added very low resources to fill that. We also had a horrible RG, and any analytical analysis or film review would confirm that ... and we re-signed him instead of upgrading. We added one low level FA in Larsen and one low draft pick (5th round) in Asiata, and picked up UDFA's ... that's not a big investment.

But hey, you go ahead, call it whatever you want man, it's your team.

joenhre likes this.
  6. phinfan3411

phinfan3411 pofo mofo

Yeah, that pissed me off too. Being around all the time and chewing gum while he was injured, really pissed me off.

I think it's just about time to get another QB so he can take full advantage of the abundance of talent we perpetually have. How he can continue to lose with overpowering defenses that are always at the top of the league in takeaways ( like that really matters) is beyond me.

I mean whenever we have that elite QB, we just pile up Super Bowl championships. History has shown clearly this is the case.

mrodriguez4096 and Liphinphan like this.
  7. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

Not meaning to disturb the precious narrative. There were three first rounders on the O-Line and a Pro Bowler. I agree, the LG positioned was filled with meh and the RG should've been let go the year before.

8. hoops

hoops exited stage left

It’s amazing how much winning cures problems

Kdawg954 likes this.
  9. Kdawg954

Kdawg954 Paint on My Hands from Paintin the Perfect Picture Finheaven VIP Donator

Same lockerroom comes back with better QB play, less turmoil from all the crazy events, goes 10-6 and makes the playoffs . . . Then they all went to leaderhsip school in the offseason and Gase "matured".

This type of stuff is often overanalyzed, when usually it is as simple as wins and losses.

Spiff and Csonked Out like this.
  10. Digital

Digital Starter Finheaven VIP

I've tried to explain this to you three times now, the original time, and twice in replies. Here is my final attempt.

The entire post, the thrust of the discussion, and evaluation being performed was one of determining 1) what needed to be done in the last offseason period, 2) what should have been done in the last offseason period, and 3) what was not done in the last offseason period.

We allocate resources based on their ability to improve us and on our needs in conjunction with available assets. You don't like cornfed ... we get it. But that doesn't change the analysis. When you have a problem, it's just not prudent to sit around and say the last guy years ago made a mistake so we shouldn't do anything about it. The smart thing to do is fix it.

joenhre likes this.
  11. TeeMoney

TeeMoney Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb Finheaven VIP

Three first rounders and a pro bowler, period. Oh, and a coke head hopped up on nasty hookers.

12. joenhre

joenhre Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

The coke head is gone. A chance that all three of those former first rounders will be gone in 2018. Almost certain one of the former Pro Bowlers will retire while the other one should seriously consider retiring.

Would be great to at least see an upgrade at LG and C.

13. phinfan3411

phinfan3411 pofo mofo

I'm not sure why there is so much emphasis on how many first rounders there are on our OL?
    Is it to highlight our ineptitude drafting or inability to develop?

I'm an old guy so I'll use our 1995 team for reference. We had tons of first round picks on that team plus a few first overall picks (I think) and it translated into us getting trounced in the first Rd and I think Buffalo ran for over 300 yards on us.

Doesn't matter where you're picked, you can either play or you can't.

Dakar001, joenhre and Kingdom Come like this.
  14. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

Man that brings up bad memories. I was at that game. Under Shula this team would make the playoffs almost every year, but those playoff losses were tough to swallow..

15. FanMarino

FanMarino HOF Pass Master

Yeah.....hmmmm...ok.

16. Phantom

Phantom Phantom Donator

Well if he did try to lead them from the sideline, it didn't work.

17. Third Eye

Third Eye Scout Team Finheaven VIP

Perennial all pro? Wake Suh and Jones? Can you add up all of their AP All pro teams they have been on sometime?

If you're counting pro bowls with four levels of injury replacement roster adds well this is not All pro.

Regardless being an all pro is vastly different than being a leader. This team would not look like this on the field if we had team leaders. Fact. No fourth eye needed to see that because it's plain as day.

18. ladeback

ladeback Seasoned Veteran Finheaven VIP

So, definitely Tannehill's fault.....

19. Fintastic17

Fintastic17 A True Fan

Dude, your hard-on is showing.

20. Eesti

Eesti Rookie

The need for leadership arises when you are losing AND you have immature, loud jokers in the locker room who are more vocal than most. You cannot let those type of guys be the only voices in the locker room. Someone who is respected, works hard and produces on the field has to step up and tell them to shut the **** up.

So Tannehill is not a leader but losing him for the year exposed the need for leadership? alrighty then.

You can't expect Tannehill to come in and take over when he's not even playing. They brought in the hot shot QB. Is Tannehill supposed to overshadow him and become the locker room leader while Jay sits in the corner? It doesn't work that way. For one, why would Tannehill be in the locker room that much? He was more likely in the trainers/rehab room.

Dakar001 likes this.
  21. GasPed

GasPed A True Fan Donator

I normally don't do other people's research, but because you're missing an eye, I'll make an exception. The answer to your question about AP All-Pro teams is 9 (Wake 4, Suh 5 - fyi, that's the same as Tom Brady). If you add in the other all-Pro teams (e.g. Sporting News, Pro Football Writers), the answer is 28 (Wake - 11, Suh - 16, Jones - 1).

But that's beside the point. My beef is that you called them "me" guys. They're not. You can call them introverts or quiet or not vocal enough, but they're not "me" guys. Jay Ajayi was a "me" guy. Cam Wake is most definitely not.

22. GreenMts

GreenMts Seasoned Veteran

Between Suh, Wake and Jones we should have plenty of leadership on defensive. If none of these can be that guy, we need to start looking deeper than on field performance. Offensive... that what Moore brought to the table and why we should have just rolled with him.

Third Eye likes this.
  23. Third Eye

Agree completely. With all of these All pro seasons from wake Suh and jones we should have some leadership. But we clearly do not. Suh is not a leader. Wake is shockingly not either. Jones should be but isn't.

It's painfully clear watching this team we lack it and have for years. But all pros means leadership, apparently. Oh wait. They are "introverts". That explains it.

24. Third Eye

Might need to get your foot off the brake and back on the gas breh. Since you are struggling driving, let me take the wheel.

Suh isn't a Me guy? Get flipping real. You read how he's helping some DTs with technique and suddenly he's a leader. When is the last time you saw any of these three commanding the team on sidelines or in huddle to get it done? Wake is good for some pregame hype and dancing but when push comes to shove he's not commanding the team. Suh is the definition of a Me player. Plays the series and goes and grabs some bench.

It takes one eye to see this team has zero leadership and hasn't for years.

25. GasPed

GasPed A True Fan Donator

I think your definition of a "Me" player (Suh) and my definition of a "Me" player (Ajayi) are quite different. That's all I'm going to say about that.

26. MiamiMuss

MiamiMuss A True Fan

Time to bring back Brian Cox and Dan Marino.Leadership issues are over.

27. Third Eye

Your definition may be different but the fact remains. Zero leadership. Introverted? Rashad Jones and Cam Wake the poor non me players who are just well, too introverted to lead our team. Same with Suh, I mean how can he be a leader making franchise QB money?

Show me a leader on this team. And it's not RT either. I think he may be an introvert.

Teams with strong leadership don't look like this every week. Don't crank music and party in the locker room after losses as has been reported.

Good thing we got rid of that damn Me player Ajayi. That fixed it.

28. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

Miami is a vacation hot spot.

The locker room is a mess and has been going all the way back to when JT & Zach were here.

Too many players are just here to collect their pay checks and party on the playa.

That said, not sure what happened to Armando recently.

It seems like in the past year and a half he started to write about FOOTBALL instead of the usual shallow, emotional nonsense that most of the other local sports writers shell out.

Seems like he also has a much better understanding of the NFL all of a sudden.

I guess after so many years on that job he finally started to put the pieces together.

29. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

Not being a good leader doesnt mean you're selfish...

30. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

Sad really this is something that Jones should be doing.

Between he and Suh and Wake there is enough veteran presence in that locker room.

Yeremiah Bell used to be a good team leader. It's been pretty lackluster since he left.

Tannehill should have the offense. That's all and overall Tannehill needs to be the man.

31. Third Eye

Ok then we have a bunch of unselfish non leaders. Players that will fall on their sword quietly. Unprecedented.