Armando's prediction for the 53 man roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armando's prediction for the 53 man roster

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
For the sake of accountability and to test the knowledge of yours truly, I am going to lay out what I believe will be the Dolphins roster here. Now.
And Sunday or Monday when the actual roster is complete, I will publish what the Dolphins have and compare that to what I offer here. And we’ll see how far off I am.
(Obviously I have no idea about waiver pickups so I’m not taking those into account. You don’t ask mock drafts to take trades into account. You can’t ask a mock roster to account for trades or waiver acquisitions).
I’ll add comentary wherever warranted. The number of players at the postion are in parenthesis.
So let’s go ...

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...-salguero/article170720532.html#storylink=cpy

Looks pretty good.... is Hewitt for sure heading to IR? Or armando speculating?

I hope we look at some LB cuts..

is darr really getting beat by the other guy? i havent been able to watch much

I initially balked at the idea of 11 o-linemen, but there is no extra RB, WR, or TE worth keeping, and we aren't going to be keeping more than 6 LBs out of the group we have, plus I didn't realize Larsen has to be on the initial 53 to be eligible to come off IR during the season. So my guess is 11 is right, and then after Larsen goes on IR, we add a 7th LB from the best we can find on the street. And one of Brendel or Steen is gone when Larsen returns. I would assume the one they view as the less capable center.

Darr was cut, Haack won

Haack punts with his left foot creating a reverse spin on the ball. interesting.

I had no idea there was a punting competition until last night lol

I agree with most of it but I believe we'll only keep 3 Rb's and pick one up after the cuts. Instead they could keep Fales and see if they can get something for him. I also expect 5 of those LB's to be in the final 53 but pick up another one after the cuts. I think if someone doesn't make it is Lacy.

Ozzy rules!!

I think Armondo is dead on right with his roster. Lieser's is close, but I'd say exactly what Armondo did.

We have room at the bottom to add a lot of positions honestly.

Both of those guys have Lacey above Allen, but I think Allen is higher on that list. He uses his speed to get in the vicinity and always arrives with power. He is just raw. I see them giving him a big shot of development this year and seeing what stuck next year at training camp. This kid could be a real find. If he is, then he might be ready when Timmons contract expires. He has the size and speed to be a good Sam.

I think we find a way to keep mctyer. Larsen is on ir so shouldn't count

Back
Top Bottom