Armon Binns could force his way into the Miami receiver rotation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Armon Binns could force his way into the Miami receiver rotation

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Take this for what it is worth because Florio has shown his disdain for the Miami organization in the past:
Binns, a relative newcomer himself, arrived via waivers in December. The Bengals cut him to make room for center Kyle Cook, who was emerging from short-term injured reserve. The Dolphins pounced.

Brian Hartline has called Binns the best waiver-wire pickup during Hartline’s four seasons in Miami.
Per the Sun-Sentinel, Binns played so well in practice last season (the paper calls him “dominant”) that Binns played slot receiver for the final three games. It carried into the offseason with Binns being “consistently one of the top playmakers” and the “biggest red-zone threat” on the team.
Binns’ biggest attribute is the speed with which he plays the game.
“I think that’s the one thing we’ve noticed as a staff,” coach Joe Philbin said. “I’m usually the kiss of death, but he is playing faster. He is playing fast, and he is catching it when he gets an opportunity.”
read more:http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rce-his-way-into-the-miami-receiver-rotation/

this is one of those show me in pads things...and philbin may like bigger slots but that also gives the opposition more to hit and to take big shots at...especially if he's gonna be working around lbs etc...better have that head on a swivel...

i think in pads this is one guy where the shines gonna come off somewhat...i don't expect the dominant performance to keep up...but it would be nice to have another valid option

Appart from the last game where he had some drops I thought he did well last season for someone brought in half way through the season. Especially compared to a vet like Gaffney who never got up to speed, same with Armstrong.

Liked him in college. Would love to see him do well. Wouldn't be surprised to see both he and Rishard Matthews leap up into significant playing time along with Hartline and Wallace.

I am not an Armon Binns fan, and do not have him on my 5-6 WR wish list, but nothing would make me happier if he proved himself enough, where he made it on pure will. The talent is there, and honestly if he is able to show better concentration, he could be a very good receiver to have....especially as our #4 or 5 receiver.

i liked him at cinci also but the biggest issue i have had with him as a pro is he hasn't shown much burst or ability to separate...it's hard for me to see how thats changed this year but i guess we'll see...not a great explosion athlete to date in the pros...kinda meh

i think the drops thing has been overplayed a bit...i know he dropped some balls late last season but i don't see stone hands or anything...i'm more worried about can he get off tight coverage...

So most likely we're looknig at Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, and Binns making the 53?

So most likely we're looknig at Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews, and Binns making the 53?

Ugh. So we're an injury to Wallace away from having the worst WR corps in the NFL again.

LD

Ugh. So we're an injury to Wallace away from having the worst WR corps in the NFL again.

LD

You could say that about most teams if their #1 wr got hurt. The only teams I can think of that wouldn't be screwed are Green Bay, Atlanta, G-men, Seattle and Denver. I'm sure there's probably one or two more but I'm on vacation & the festivities have began.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

there's no doubt you lose mike wallace and this wr core looks a whole lot different...him being healthy is pretty much critical...he doesn't have to catch 6 balls a game but he does have to be on the field and available...or we become a lot easier to scheme for and defend...

Not a fan, but if he's improved enough that Philbin thinks he's worth it, then that ain't a bad thing!

Back
Top Bottom