Arrelious "Big" Benn: Perfect for Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Arrelious "Big" Benn: Perfect for Miami

bpackers13

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://www.ask.com/bar?q=top+WRs+in+the+2010+draft&page=1&qsrc=2417&dm=all&ab=1&title=WalterFootball.com%3A+2010+NFL+Draft%3A+Wide+Receiver+Rankings&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwalterfootball.com%2Fdraft2010WR.php&sg=GnwtKK8%2FDgmVef4yUHRDdjkgPACi7FMuuKOMkAEgUlU%3D&tsp=1256827980886
Big Benn is a bog body WR that had great hands, is lightning quick, and very physical. I h ave seen him ranked anywhere from the #1 to #5 in Wr's available in the 2010 draft. He is stuck in the lame Illinois offense but has shown very consistant numbers. Also returns kicks. Had a 90 yd KO return for a TD against Penn State. He is 6' 2" 214lbs. He has the build of Anquan Boldin or T.O. Just the build the trifecta is looking for. Most project him to be around the #20 pick in the draft, and definately a first rounder. I really want this guy in Miami. He would be a monster target for Henne, and could take over the KO return duties. :up:

Interesting. But i dont know if they would draft a WR in the 1st round.

Ginn would have to be moved in order to justify bringing on another 1st round WR salary imo. And I just dont see this happening this offseason so we are sorta stuck.
Chubbs

I see us taking the best LB available unless a top top safety is there.

Ginn would have to be moved in order to justify bringing on another 1st round WR salary imo. And I just dont see this happening this offseason so we are sorta stuck.
Chubbs
I agree with you on this. I do think that Ginn will be a goner this offeason though.

I see us taking the best LB available unless a top top safety is there.
Brandon Spikes would be a great pickup too! :up: We better not get Taylor Mays, he is way over hyped, and is very soft. Eric Barry would be the better pickup at the safety position.

As much as Barry intrigues me, I'm scared of taking another tenn. safety.

Berry is in a completely different league from JA. Hell, he may be in a different league than Ed Reed.

I think I'd prefer taking a proven commodity at WR in free agency. A guy like Vincent Jackson or Malcom Floyd would be able to contribute immediately, while Benn or Dez Bryant will likely take time to blossom into #1 WRs.

Please don't let Jason Allen's ineptitude dissuade you from wanting Eric Berry. Berry is an absolute beast. Besides, for the life of me, I don't see what had the dolphins staff so enamored with Jason Allen in the first place. His body of work at Tennessee was slightly above average at best. He should have been a second or third round selection the year he was drafted.

Please don't let Jason Allen's ineptitude dissuade you from wanting Eric Berry. Berry is an absolute beast. Besides, for the life of me, I don't see what had the dolphins staff so enamored with Jason Allen in the first place. His body of work at Tennessee was slightly above average at best. He should have been a second or third round selection the year he was drafted.
It was his combine performance. Many people had him projected higher than our pick.

I'm not high on Benn, I've seen him play and just don't see him having star potential. Guys like Damien Williams/Dez Bryant/Mike Williams have star potential , with Bryant most likely to fulfill it, I haven't gotten that special feeling when watching Benn, sorry.

Benn just showed a good nose for the endzone on a running play. Good to see him contribute in the face of a lame Illinois passing attack.

edit: now close to the end of the 1st half. I'm thinking that Ron Zook is to the Illinois offense what Dave Wannstedt was to ours- a wet towel. On top of that, Juice Williams still sucks. I still see Benn having a great Senior Bowl when he's free of the Illinios offensive crapitude and going between 15 and 25 overall. Hopefully to us. Not his fault that Illinois blows. Even the Illinois fans are booing their offense now, as they should.

For Michigan, Brandon Graham reminds me of Lamar Woodley. A little shorter you you'd like to see, but a football player, and a productive one at that. Probably goes to OLB at 6-2, 260- looks like he has good wheels.

He wouldn't be a bad pickup at all.

Spikes would be good too.

Shay Hodge is another WR that I wouldn't mind taking a look at later on.

I like Benn. I think he has star potential. Unfortunately, Benn is stuck with an awful quarterback in Juice Williams, so it's hard for the average fan to see his real ability. Team up Benn and Chad Henne and you've got something special.

Back
Top Bottom