Article: Stephen Ross Is Drastically Ruining His Own Franchise

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vampire Nicolas, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Vampire Nicolas

Vampire Nicolas Active Member

http://www.thepigskinreport.com/201...oss-is-drastically-ruining-his-own-franchise/

2. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

awful article and would maybe be relevant last year but Ross is actually turning things around and getting back to football, the writer of this article is a moron, does he know ross did away with the orange carpet and celebrity approach? does he know he hired a very competent, knowledgeable, high integrity coach who comes from GB which is one of the classiest organizations in of all sports in joe philbin? does he know that we told jeff fisher to take a hike because fisher wanted complete control of operations? does he know that ross hosted a fan day for dolphins fans to come meet the new dolphin draft picks right in dolphin stadium? does he know that ross has been holding conference calls with season ticket holders to get feedback on what direction the fans wanna see this franchise go? does he know that we finally took a QB in the first round since Dan Marino and the direction of the franchise is bright? does he know Ross wants to remodel the stadium and move the seats closer to the field to give us a better home field advantage? Ross has done a lot of boneheaded things in the past but in the past few months he has been trying to right the ship and reach out to the fanbase, this article is a complete joke and the writer can shove it up his a**, I cant believe I just went to war for Stephen Ross lol

3. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Agreed, the Ross hate and comments like "clueless" and "moron" are getting old. These people need to actually do some research before they write garbage articles like this.

4. rent this space

rent this space Starter Finheaven VIP

Is this a joke?

5. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

nothing to see here. the fans are going to be frustrated with losing, and until we're winning we'll critique anything that doesn't seem to be helping us to win.

6. Penthos

Penthos Am I on speaker phone?

The above sentence is so poorly phrased that I will abstain from reading any further.

7. Miamifinz

Miamifinz Philbin is an idiot Donator

Another article claiming a 6-7 win team is the absolute ****stain of the NFL. Moving on.

8. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

I didn't even bother reading the article. I just don't understand how a guy is "ruining" his own franchise by trying to tackle problems at the source: the fans.

Ross is trying to create a better image and is seeking the approval of the people that help make it happen. He has gotten rid of things fans didn't like and is trying to generate a product that everyone can grow to like.

I am really shocked at the complete 180 degree turn that has happened on the side of the executives of this franchise.

9. Vaark

Vaark Nihil taurus crappus Finheaven VIP Donator

guy's a pandering ayehole.. I more or less told him so (Mykl954); let's see if that comment stays up.

10. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

Wow....someone who gets it!

11. Wildbill3

Yep vaark sure does get it.

12. Vaark

TY [​IMG]

13. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Who is Rob Kelley and why should I care? I hate these websites. They're nothing but dressed up message boards.

14. tcdrover

tcdrover Pro Bowler

Obviously it's an over the top rant.

The only reason Ross said he hates the fight song is because he probably read somewhere that it is not popular.

Everything that Ross says and does though makes it seem like he bought the majority shares of the Dolphins to impress someone else.

He is the most casual of casual football fans. There is absolutely no way to hide that, especially not when he is SO 4King EAGER to get on camera and talk about one the of the CORNER STONE AFC NFL Franchises.

Who is that Dolphins PR guy who has been around for years and years?

He is always present at Press conferences with the media. Why hasn't he been able to get thru to Ross?

Is he still employed by the Dolphins?

15. insomnia411

insomnia411 The world is yours

People that gave you the "no thanks" love losing.

16. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Jesus Christ

:bobdole:

17. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

Am I the only one who thinks that the owners part is a little overblown. Very few of the owners across the major sports are really experts in the game. Yes some really know how to surround themselves with very competant people, but other than that they do not make or break a franchise. The greatest football can of tuna is really the main issue still. And that decision was not made on Ross's watch. He kept him and his philosophies around for longer than he should have but as far as the moves related to football since I have to say I am pleased.

18. ChrisTRD

ChrisTRD A True Fan

This guy is a true moron.

19. CalDolFan10x14

CalDolFan10x14 Your QB for the next 10 years. Finheaven VIP Donator

Just when I thought your posts couldn't get any worse.... Jeez.

20. Wildbill3

people who gave a "No thanks" probably think that what happens on the field has very little to do with what happens around the field.

21. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

Being able to fill the front office with competent people is the one thing that does make or break a franchise. See, for example, Wayne Huizenga's tenure as owner-- None of his moves worked. None of the coaches he hired got the job done. The talent on the team got older, and slowly declined. Then the team fell over the cliff in 2004. It still hasn't recovered. And even though Ross isn't responsible for bringing in a past-his-prime Tuna along with his hand-picked (and incompetent) head coach, he is responsible for letting Sparano waste yet another season before finally cleaning house.

22. Vaark

Recently across and bookmarked a new emoticon that struck me as potentially useful....... it almost slipped my mind - thanks for reminding me :up:

[​IMG]

23. Samjuan Juno

Samjuan Juno Sagacious

This article seems to lump past issues as current ones, as if Ross has not learned from things that did not work. This type of over the top ranting would have been better served a year ago. Now it seems misinformed, or straight up agenda driven.

24. eger

eger Starter

I'll reserve my opinion until a future time and date.

25. Geforce

Geforce FinHeaven VIP

You are right...this guy definitely gets it.

26. Roman529

Roman529 Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

It's funny how these so-called writers criticize Ross, but when the Jet's or Patriot's owners do similar things everyone slaps them on the back and tells them what a great move they are making. Some media types will always criticize Miami, even if we win a SB.

27. NY8123

NY8123 Sophisticated Redneck Administrator Finheaven VIP

Yes my child?

28. BigCityCat

BigCityCat Scout Team

Ross is doing a great job and has more sense than all of his critics. He didn't attain his level of success being stupid. Most of the critics on this board would **** their pants if they had to make the decisions he has to make. Inexperienced losers talking it up on a message board. lol

29. fatkirstyalley

fatkirstyalley Donut Enthusiast

Haters gonna hate

30. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Child please.

31. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

Haters gonna be right....have been so far...is that pie or crow Kirsty is eating?

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

I remember that you defended these idiots even when we started 0-7...you'll probably get a chance to defend another 5-11 or 6-10 season next year...and the year after that...

32. PyroDOLFAN

PyroDOLFAN Seasoned Veteran Donator

Well Dr. Phin, he is Mr. Glass Half Full!! Which I like and agree with anyway, I'll always support the team no matter what our record says.

I know Ross is trying his hardest to turn this ship around...I mean having conference calls with the season ticket holders is a bold BOLD move on his part. I like how he is getting in the football mindset...he made his rookie mistakes no let his talent take him the rest of the way.

33. USAFinfan

USAFinfan Active Member

So you idea of being a dedicated fan is to bash everyone in the organization every time they do not meet your expectations? Doctor of what? Do you have a degree in managing successful sports organizations. Just another fan who thinks preaching negativity and posting articles written by Redskins fans/writers makes him "educated". I live in Washington and these guys are praising a rookie as the new Mike Vick. Dream On! These fans supporting their team is called dedication! Try out or choose another screen name. Try out Dr. Pessimistic.

34. SCLSU Mud Dogs

SCLSU Mud Dogs foos-ball is the devil! Donator

[video=youtube;QdgCajndgNw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdgCajndgNw[/video]

35. Vaark

Well it's all relative. Now if he had written the following I think many of us would have concurred:

*that Ross inherited a bad situation and fan discontent and compounded that by bumbling and stumbling into some embarrassing missteps himself while demonstrating that he was learning on his feet by then making some sound personnel and organizational moves of late

**that to some extent the fan backlash was inevitable and understandable but the bottom line was it was those embarrasingly disgruntled malcontents, essentially fair weather fans despite their shallow excuses otherwise, rooting against the team to succeed for the illusion of a better draft pick, including the jobless or non-essential ones demonstrating during working hours outside the Davie headquarters who became the national laughingstock and embarrassment to Ross and the organization.

***And that some of those fans who despite the team finishing 6-3, essentially better than any divisional opponents not named "NE", having just completed a very promising draft and hired a sharp up and coming cerebral coach who is introducing the elements that made his offense a juggernaut in GB.... whether it be a reflection of how miserable they are in their personal lives and have grabbed an excuse to project their misery by using their supposed beloved Fins as their psychological whipping boy, or whether they're merely just naturally hard-wired pizzers and moaners beccause it excites them one way or another, bullheadedly refuse to see or acknowledge any brightness shining through what may not be an interminably long tunnel after all - because not doing so fulfills some perverse pathological need. :idk:

Now I would have said "he gets it" if he had written an article like that. Would you?

36. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Rookie

Ok first off, Hyzienga hired Parcells who in turn hired Sparano and Ireland. Ross only wants to play the fight song when winning, what is wrong with that? "Ross has proven on a steady basis that not only does he not know what do in terms of football decisions" and has CONSISTENTLY let his football people make football decisions...

Since Ross took over as owner of the Dolphins, the team has gotten worse, and much of that is due to his ignorance and preference to play with the social aspect of the team. Technically another lie, under Hyzienga we finsihed DEAD last and picked #1 overall, and a few seasons earlier picked #2 overall. This has not happened under Ross.

I suppose most of these wannabe writers suck at everything in life and then try to make it as a sportsbeat writer, I just wish I had that kind of creativity with the facts. Unfortunately I manage a very big project in the US that has to do with defending this country, if I EVER tried to pass off half baked comments like these reporters at the very least I'd be fired, and quite possibly I might disappear for a while depending upon the **** I spewed. Oh well, nobody believes anything these ****birds post so I guess its all good.

37. AdamC13

AdamC13 Awe "Tight End" my favorite position!

Personally I have changed my mind about Ross this off season. I thought he was clueless. But what I have come to see is he was a new owner who was simply inexperienced. He put his trust in Bill Parcells who had a proven record for success (at least as coach with the Giants) and paid the price from a public relations perspective. I think Parcells style of running a team is absolute disaster given today's media (internet, twitter, facebook, etc...).

What I have seen is Ross LEARNS from his mistakes. He gets that he needed to be more open with the media and fans. I will say that he is still learning when it comes to communicating with the media as he seems to inadvertently throw his owner and coaches under the bus at times. But Ross is determined to put a winning and entertaining franchise on the field and building a team that fans can be proud of. There is a reason Ross is a billionaire, it didn't happen by accident.

Just as a QB can take several years to develop the same can be said about an owner. Ross has shown tremendous improvement this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he is rated as a top 5 owner within the next 2-3 seasons.

38. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

I would believe in that perspective if it wasn't for the fact that Ireland is still here. He should have been swept aside with the rest of the rabble...

39. Dr. Phin

Dr. Phin Scout Team

What you don't get is that in 2008 I, like many other, though this team was looking good...things were getting better. There was a plan we could all see...first year bring in the big boys on the lines, second year bring in skill guys to develop, third year bring in some FA's and we were looking good. Then...second year....wait....we were still getting the OL in place...third year...same thing...fourth...same thing. We are in year 5 and still don't have a decent OL. I started questioning things after the second year...and so far I have been right. We have had three awful seasons, which many of us saw coming from a mile away.

To me the only bullheaded people around here are the ones that don't see the team for what it is...

Everyone was calling for Ireland's head last year...what has changed? A draft where we reached for multiple players? Over that last five years his drafts have basically turned out NOTHING special. (I don't want to hear about Long, there were only a few picks that anyone though we would take, so it didn't take a genious to come up with Long...and he was actually the wrong pick IMO.) Most people write of all but this year and last year. Well, even if you do that....what the hell good did we get last year? Pouncy? Just great...a good center in the first round. That was a hard pick. Thomas...we already drafted a replacement for him this year. He has bust written all over him. Gates? He only runs 9 routes and really did nothing last year. Our best picks were a freaking 7th round CB and a utility back. Really?

Philbin is the ONLY bright spot for this team right now...and we don't even know if he will be good. How did everyone feel about Cam Cameron before 2007?

40. Kinzua

Kinzua Banned Hammered

If only Ralph Wilson had confined himself to adding celeb part-owners or changing the Bills unis or wanting to change the team's song rather interefering in the running of the team in some notorious ways over the years ... :boohoo: