Artis Hicks to File Grievance vs Miami Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Artis Hicks to File Grievance vs Miami Dolphins

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Agents JR Rickert and Peter Schaffer have had issues with former partners in the past, but they have moved on and have formed Authentic Athletix which is a top-10, perhaps even top-5 company for representing NFL players.

The battle that has begun between Authentic Athletix and Ireland revolves around client Artis Hicks. Hicks was signed this past off-season, but his career looks to be over. Miami is trying to not pay his $1.2 million salary as an injury has forced him to end his Dolphins career. Miami says the acute herniation in his neck that forced him out of action was in fact a pre-existing injury that was hidden by Hicks and his people.
Hicks disagrees, and rumor is he is going to file a grievance on Monday to recoup the money. Miami points to a 2006 x-ray they recently got their hands on which could show the injury was pre-existing. Hicks will point to the fact that he played many games (and never missed practice) since then so the injury was only career-ending now, plus since he played through this before it is possible he plum forgot about the 2006 x-ray so he did not knowingly hold back any info when signing with the Dolphins a few months ago.

..it is possible he plum forgot about the 2006 x-ray so he did not knowingly hold back any info when signing with the Dolphins a few months ago.

If he withheld information, that's his own fault. "Forgetting" is not an excuse.

Just pay him improve your rep amongst future FA's and agents.

A grievance should be filed against Ireland for thinking Hicks was any type of an answer.

I agree with hayden fox, bringing it hicks was a mistake ti begin with. This is just another PR problem in a long list of them under Ireland/Parcells. The handling of jason taylor, the dez bryant situation, thr brian clark situation, the harbough situation, the tebow gators celebration, and now this, just pay the man and make this go away.

Normally I would agree with this train of thought 100%. However in a case like this there are two reps at stake one being how we look to FA from a I want to play for them POV and a Let me withhold medical information from them because They will pay me either way. This might be one of those cases where you draw a line in the sand.

Normally I would agree with this train of thought 100%. However in a case like this there are two reps at stake one being how we look to FA from a I want to play for them POV and a Let me withhold medical information from them because They will pay me either way. This might be one of those cases where you draw a line in the sand.

Unfortunately when your reputation seems to be as damaged as the Dolphins' is, this sort of thing can be perceived as more proof that your organization deserves its bad reputation. This team needs good press more than it needs to avoid an injury settlement, IMO.

Lets wait to see the facts first but if this guy did have a previous injury and this xray shows it then dont pay his ass anything. Who says our rep is damaged anyway? It isnt our rep damaged... it's Irelands. And who knows if he will even be here next year. Hopefully not. But even if he is... this team is improving and the more Tannehill improves the more players will be inticed to play here. That is of course if he finally starts bringing in the right players. It's not that I dont agree with you about some of the bonehead ways we have dealt with things in the past But if it's reputation your worried about being damaged, just paying a dude to shut him up is the wort thing to do. It will give the perception that this org is a bunch of pushovers and people will look at us and laugh even more. **** the media anyway... they always make things worse then they really are

I agree with hayden fox, bringing it hicks was a mistake ti begin with. This is just another PR problem in a long list of them under Ireland/Parcells. The handling of jason taylor, the dez bryant situation, thr brian clark situation, the harbough situation, the tebow gators celebration, and now this, just pay the man and make this go away.
1) Jason Taylor came back to the Fins after his "mishandling" as you call it, so maybe it wasnt that bad after all.
2) Dez Bryant situation...? Dez needs a baby sitter, and actually assaulted his mom... Good job Jeff!
3) Brian Clark used us for leverage, he had no intention to leave Pitsburg.
4) Harbaugh, well are you going to blame Ireland for trying to upgrade Sparano? Although Im pretty certain that was Ross's idea...

A grievance should be filed against Ireland for thinking Hicks was any type of an answer.

Just pay him and raise the ticket prices up $10.00, show the World you are stupid.

Its a business, you dont just pay people, I would offer $350,000

Or pay him and become known as a pushover for future players who get cut to file grievances. You let it play and get all the facts, you don't just pay everyone who complains and makes accusations. Not good business.

1) Jason Taylor came back to the Fins after his "mishandling" as you call it, so maybe it wasnt that bad after all.
2) Dez Bryant situation...? Dez needs a baby sitter, and actually assaulted his mom... Good job Jeff!
4) Harbaugh, well are you going to blame Ireland for trying to upgrade Sparano? Although Im pretty certain that was Ross's idea...
Ryan Clark....Ryan!!!

Or pay him and become known as a pushover for future players who get cut to file grievances. You let it play and get all the facts, you don't just pay everyone who complains and makes accusations. Not good business.
This! Especially since another team filed a grievance against Hicks in the past for hiding a injury at the time of signing. Can't get pushed around.

I would no pay Hicks a red cent. The Dolphins signed him in hopes that he could come in and be a starting RG. He probably knew all along he wouldn't be able to contribute but wanted a payday anyway. I could tell from the first pre-season game he was finished.

Bryant was accused of assaulting his mom, there are plenty of current dolphins that have been charged with crimes. Tony Mcdanial has been charged with aggravated assault and domestic battery and pleaded to lesser charges and he is still a dolphin. Solilai has been arrested for something since he has a mugshot cant remember what it was. We have a safety that was arrested and jailed then released for murder. Naanee was arrested for public intoxication and resisiting arrest. Starks has been arrested for domestic violence.

Don't let facts get in the way when we have a chance to blast the Fins FO and Jeff Ireland.

This has to be played out and if it is determined he is owed then we pay but it would be foolish to just pay him.

Back
Top Bottom