Artis Hicks to File Grievance vs Miami Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by DKphin, Oct 6, 2012.

Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
  1. DKphin

DKphin A True Fan Donator

2. normaldude

normaldude Starter

If he withheld information, that's his own fault. "Forgetting" is not an excuse.

3. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

Just pay him improve your rep amongst future FA's and agents.

A grievance should be filed against Ireland for thinking Hicks was any type of an answer.

4. phinatic1399

phinatic1399 Diehard Phinatic!

I agree with hayden fox, bringing it hicks was a mistake ti begin with. This is just another PR problem in a long list of them under Ireland/Parcells. The handling of jason taylor, the dez bryant situation, thr brian clark situation, the harbough situation, the tebow gators celebration, and now this, just pay the man and make this go away.

5. LandShark13

LandShark13 A True Fan

Normally I would agree with this train of thought 100%. However in a case like this there are two reps at stake one being how we look to FA from a I want to play for them POV and a Let me withhold medical information from them because They will pay me either way. This might be one of those cases where you draw a line in the sand.

6. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Unfortunately when your reputation seems to be as damaged as the Dolphins' is, this sort of thing can be perceived as more proof that your organization deserves its bad reputation. This team needs good press more than it needs to avoid an injury settlement, IMO.

7. phinasota

phinasota Bleed Aqua

Lets wait to see the facts first but if this guy did have a previous injury and this xray shows it then dont pay his *** anything. Who says our rep is damaged anyway? It isnt our rep damaged... it's Irelands. And who knows if he will even be here next year. Hopefully not. But even if he is... this team is improving and the more Tannehill improves the more players will be inticed to play here. That is of course if he finally starts bringing in the right players. It's not that I dont agree with you about some of the bonehead ways we have dealt with things in the past But if it's reputation your worried about being damaged, just paying a dude to shut him up is the wort thing to do. It will give the perception that this org is a bunch of pushovers and people will look at us and laugh even more. **** the media anyway... they always make things worse then they really are

8. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Donator

1) Jason Taylor came back to the Fins after his "mishandling" as you call it, so maybe it wasnt that bad after all.
    2) Dez Bryant situation...? Dez needs a baby sitter, and actually assaulted his mom... Good job Jeff!
    3) Brian Clark used us for leverage, he had no intention to leave Pitsburg.
    4) Harbaugh, well are you going to blame Ireland for trying to upgrade Sparano? Although Im pretty certain that was Ross's idea...

9. rainmaker1313

rainmaker1313 A True Fan Donator

Just pay him and raise the ticket prices up $10.00, show the World you are stupid.

Its a business, you dont just pay people, I would offer $350,000

10. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

Or pay him and become known as a pushover for future players who get cut to file grievances. You let it play and get all the facts, you don't just pay everyone who complains and makes accusations. Not good business.

11. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

Ryan Clark....Ryan!!!

12. SQuinn17

SQuinn17 League Dominator

This! Especially since another team filed a grievance against Hicks in the past for hiding a injury at the time of signing. Can't get pushed around.

13. phinking

phinking A True Fan

I would no pay Hicks a red cent. The Dolphins signed him in hopes that he could come in and be a starting RG. He probably knew all along he wouldn't be able to contribute but wanted a payday anyway. I could tell from the first pre-season game he was finished.

14. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Bryant was accused of assaulting his mom, there are plenty of current dolphins that have been charged with crimes. Tony Mcdanial has been charged with aggravated assault and domestic battery and pleaded to lesser charges and he is still a dolphin. Solilai has been arrested for something since he has a mugshot cant remember what it was. We have a safety that was arrested and jailed then released for murder. Naanee was arrested for public intoxication and resisiting arrest. Starks has been arrested for domestic violence.

15. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Donator

Don't let facts get in the way when we have a chance to blast the Fins FO and Jeff Ireland.

This has to be played out and if it is determined he is owed then we pay but it would be foolish to just pay him.

16. So Be

So Be A True Fan

I find it EXTREMELY hard to believe that any agent is going to tell his client to stay away from Miami, in the multi-million dollar FA market, because some guy named Artis Hicks has an injury grievance. What would the NFLPA and NFL have to say? Hell, they cold look to pull his right to be an agent, and would be justified to do so. And don't bring up what he can do behind closed doors. In this day and age, there are not any. C'mon Man.

17. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Ill wait to comment on this until all the facts come out. None of us know what the actual facts are

18. ojmcduffy

ojmcduffy Seasoned Veteran

I don't think our rep is as bad as you all claim. It's not we are the bengals were guys feel the need to shoot their way out of town. In the end money talks and if the difference in pay is enough fas will sign with an arena league team. Money makes the world go round.

19. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

If he withheld information then the Dolphins are perfectly correct in not wanting to pay him.

20. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Donator

Not the point Im trying to make... Do you want Bryant on the Dolphins team at this point? Taking into account that the Cowboys have to employ people to babysit him.

21. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

I would take Bryant on this team for the right price, he has great hands and is a very talented guy. He has never been in any real trouble but he does need to mature. He isnt the same as Brandon Marshall in my opinion. Bryant , Hartline and Bess that would be a pretty damn good trio

22. NorFlaFin

NorFlaFin PowerHungryMo'fo

When you start winning then FA beg to play with you and sign for cheap. See the Pats during their SB run or the 49ers during their Montana/Young heyday.

23. Wildbill3

Wildbill3 Misery Loves Company Administrator Finheaven VIP

I prefer to call him ****.

24. Wildbill3

I would love to see Ireland ship off a 2 for dez the headlines alone would be worth it. Maybe a 7th for dez's mom

25. So Be

So Be A True Fan

You're wide open to "spell check posters." Endless youth is not a bad thing.

An 82 year old friend, reading with me, asks that I add "SEMPER FI" when he saw your post. He was in Korea, and is still a NASTY SOB. LOL

26. Wildbill3

do me a favor and take that jarhead on a ladies lounge tour. Much respect to him!

27. So Be

So Be A True Fan

He asked me to tell you to GO **** YOURSELF, and was yelling. He said he still deals with the real thing, although with the help of a pill, and that you can go jerk off to your pics.

Sorry but thought you would want a direct quote.

He was a MP when South Beach still had the track on 5th street, showed me pics, and a few medals.

28. Wildbill3

Lol tell him I'm glad he didn't freeze his nuts off in korea

29. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

Korea such a bad place cold as hell hot as hell lol Im trying to go back just to save alot of money

30. So Be

So Be A True Fan

He answered that most have no idea how cold it was, and that many lost toe's and earlobes. As a staff Sgt, he asked for extra socks, which he had his men put under their arms. "Did not smell good but, it worked when you put them on your feet." He added that he had a 50 caliber, and maybe you could see his eyes, if ya looked closely.

31. So Be

So Be A True Fan

Did not mean to hijack this thread but, impossible to argue with this Marine. He was also a MGR in boxing, with pics of him and anyone who was anyone. Rocky, Dundee, Clay/Ali, etc, etc. We should swith to PM's to keep the Mods happy.

32. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

as punishment go grab a hard cover bible or dictionary place your manhood in pages and slam lol just messing

33. Hayden Fox

Totally disagree. When you have the rep that the Fins currently have you can not look like you are counting beans. The Fins have been terrible at conducting business the last four years. If the Fins get an even worse rep with agents and FA's, offseasons will become even harder. If and when Hicks wins it will make the Fins look even more ridiculous.

BTW, in this disagreement amongst us here...there will be a winner and a loser if this does go to some type of arbitration. I am guessing Hicks wins this easy...

34. dlockz

dlockz Hall Of Famer

The real issue should be our doctors suck lol

35. Hayden Fox

That is what I cannot figure out. Wouldn't a quality physical determine Hicks' situation? I guess where I have no sympathy for Miami's FO is signing an FA is kind of "buyer beware". They should will lose in the end on this grievance and should.

36. mfish41

mfish41 It is what it is Donator

There's a few questions that need to be answered
    1. Did Hicks have a duty to disclose an xray from 2006?
    2. Was this Xray common, accessible information for NFL clubs?
    3. Should the fins have discovered this issue when they did their physical?
    Unless all the facts are released i don't think we really know who is at fault in this situation. I don't know much about past injuries and how encompassing these physicals are so i guess we'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully the fins are not in the wrong here or it'll just be another bad move for an Ireland front office that has provided losing results thus far.

37. So Be

So Be A True Fan

LOL, first time my boss had ever seen a forum, and saw that Bill is a Marine. Said he never liked the song "Don't Mess With Bill" and chose to do the opposite. He also got a big chuckle from your "When Death Smiles." :)