as of right now , we are drafting at picks 17 and 81 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

as of right now , we are drafting at picks 17 and 81

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
its not looking rosy for a fresh group of rookies. with a thin draft and a small amount of picks we cant afford to waste them on risky picks. we need to go BPA on offense this year. we went almost all defense last year we need to flip it this year. a RB and TE would be the way to go with 1st 2 picks, IMO.

walter football, has their mock draft up and projects us to take mark ingram and ricky stanzi. i wouldnt mind that as long as we still got the TE.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011_3.php

I don't see the draft as being thin. The first two rounds should yield more talent than last year's draft. There are maybe four WR's who are better prospects than the 2nd best prospect in last year's WR group; Fairley and Bowers aren't Suh, but I like both better than McCoy; Peterson and Amukamara are for my money better than any of the CB prospects from last draft - Harris might be, too; I don't know that I'd rate Luck as high as Bradford, but it seems many are, and there are a number of other potential first RD QB's; 3-4 OLB is light years ahead of last draft: Quinn, Houston, Miller; and some LT's will likely rise into the top 10 - the way they do every year.

I don't think you have to draft offense in the 1st RD. If there is a special player on D, you bring him in. We likely won't get our QB in the 1st RD. Just doesn't look plausible. Drafting a TE in the top-20 this year looks like a reach. I hope to god we don't draft M. Ingram. Green and Jones will likely be off the board. Blackmon's and option as a legit #2, but his value would depend on who we have as OC and QB next year. If it's Henning/Henne again, it doesn't matter if we have J. Rice and M. Irvin. Trading down is always and option, too.

On the defensive side of the ball, there are going to be a number of dynamic LB's likely available when we're drafting - and probably B. Harris. Get dynamic players when you can where you can.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit if the pick at 17, if that's where we ended up picking, was Derrick Sherrod or Anthony Castonzo.

I don't see the draft as being thin. The first two rounds should yield more talent than last year's draft. There are maybe four WR's who are better prospects than the 2nd best prospect in last year's WR group; Fairley and Bowers aren't Suh, but I like both better than McCoy; Peterson and Amukamara are for my money better than any of the CB prospects from last draft - Harris might be, too; I don't know that I'd rate Luck as high as Bradford, but it seems many are, and there are a number of other potential first RD QB's; 3-4 OLB is light years ahead of last draft: Quinn, Houston, Miller; and some LT's will likely rise into the top 10 - the way they do every year.

I don't think you have to draft offense in the 1st RD. If there is a special player on D, you bring him in. We likely won't get our QB in the 1st RD. Just doesn't look plausible. Drafting a TE in the top-20 this year looks like a reach. I hope to god we don't draft M. Ingram. Green and Jones will likely be off the board. Blackmon's and option as a legit #2, but his value would depend on who we have as OC and QB next year. If it's Henning/Henne again, it doesn't matter if we have J. Rice and M. Irvin. Trading down is always and option, too.

On the defensive side of the ball, there are going to be a number of dynamic LB's likely available when we're drafting - and probably B. Harris. Get dynamic players when you can where you can.

by thin, i meant the whole draft not just the 1st 2 rounds.

the ist 2 rounds may be stacked but we only have 1 pick.

i think there about 7-8 teams ahead of us that need a qb. i doubt any of them fall to us.

Back
Top Bottom