As the World Turns-Ricky/Spurrier Updates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

As the World Turns-Ricky/Spurrier Updates

CrunchTime

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
We have been bombarded with stories about these two so much do we really care anymore ?Anyway here are some articles about them with todays date .Take them for what they are worth.

Dolphins file suit vs. Ricky

spacer-1.gif

[size=-1]BY ARMANDO SALGUERO[/size]
spacer-1.gif

[size=-1]asalguero@herald.com[/size]
spacer-1.gif

The Dolphins filed a lawsuit against Ricky Williams in federal court for the Southern District of Florida on Friday, a possible move by the team toward getting a refund of $8.6 million an arbitrator ruled the running back owes the team

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/10053134.htm

If it's not Spurrier, Gators should bid for UM's Coker

If Steve Spurrier doesn't take the job, you know what I do if I'm UF Athletic Director Jeremy Foley? I call Miami Coach Larry Coker, who barely makes $1 million a year, and offer him and his entire coaching staff twice what they're making at UM. The Gators then would have immediate recruiting credibility in talent-rich Miami-Dade County and a head coach with a career record of 41-3. And, by the way, is there anybody happier than George O'Leary about Ron Zook's highly publicized firing? With us media types in the state talking and writing about Zook, we've barely had time to notice how terrible O'Leary's team is. Hey, maybe one of UCF's assistants should apply for the head coaching job at UF. Except they'd have to take a pay cut.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/columnists/orl-sptbianchi30103004oct30,1,6945824.column?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Steve Spurrier on a thong? You betcha. At www.hirestevespurrier.com one can purchase a classic cotton thong that bears the name of what likely has become a popular site in recent days. Various other items, including T-shirts, sweat shirts, wall clocks and even a teddy bear also encourage the hiring of the former Gators coach to be the new Gators coach. On the site's home page, it says: "We want Steve Spurrier to come back to Gainesville where he belongs, coaching college football at his alma mater." Spurrier, or at least hirestevespurrier.com, has competition. At hirebobstoops.com, the webmaster, who claims to be a Florida grad, lists the top five reasons the Gators should hire Stoops, a former Florida assistant who's now a successful coach at Oklahoma. Among them: "Spurrier is not coming back. He's going to the Dolphins next year."
Not to be outdone is www.hirejefftedford.com which urges Florida to go after Cal's coach. This site features a Tedford Timeline but at last check didn't have any thongs. Ralph Ortega, a two-time All-America linebacker at Florida and former player with the Dolphins and Falcons, told the Miami Herald he and a group of former NFL players and coaches have talked about building a coaching staff, which would have former Falcons coach Jerry Glanville as the Gators head coach.

I for one hope that web master's wrong.I really don't want SS here coaching the Phins.I also believe SS is going back to his Gators, it's where he belongs.

I don't believe Spurrier going back to Florida is such a slam dunk. Something tells me that Jeremy Foley wants to go another way, but he wants Spurrier to get mad and turn the job down before he goes another direction.

I do believe that Spurrier is the top guy on Wayne's list of potential head coaches though, and if he doesn't get the Florida job, chances are, he will be the Dolphins head coach next season.

What do people think of us having Spurrier with Boston, Chambers, and Booker on the field? Would that change anything?

I have a gut feeling that Spurrier will head back to Gainsville. He has two weeks to make his decision and I don't see him passing up the Gator job.

More on Spurrier, this time from Len Pasquarelli's weekly Tip Sheet (espn.com):

One high-ranking football-type official at the league meetings, a guy whose team might make a coaching change after this season, said he is "under orders" from his owner to monitor the courtship of Steve Spurrier by the University of Florida. "Regardless of what happened (with the Washington Redskins), our owner is still kind of smitten by the guy," said the team official. "It doesn't matter what I think because, believe me, I've been told in no uncertain terms to keep tabs on the Florida situation. I guess that means, if we made a change, our owner would have Spurrier on his short list. I've got my own concerns, but he's the boss." Word is that Florida has given Spurrier two weeks to decide if he wants his old Gators job back. And there are rumblings that former Green Bay assistant Bo Pelini, who was interim coach at Nebraska for a short time last season and currently is the co-defensive coordinator at Oklahoma, would be the man Spurrier sought out to run his defense for him.

I'm not sure who the unnamed owner is, and Pastabelly gives no hints, but given all the speculation about the Phins and Spurrier, HWH has to be a likely possibility.

phunwin said:
More on Spurrier, this time from Len Pasquarelli's weekly Tip Sheet (espn.com):

I'm not sure who the unnamed owner is, and Pastabelly gives no hints, but given all the speculation about the Phins and Spurrier, HWH has to be a likely possibility.
Good input.Thanks.Its not a given that Spurrier will be back as HC at UF.The options are still open.

This is from SI this week. Peter King: "Trust me. Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga isn't hiring Steve Spurrier."

It's either Huizenga or Benson.

If Spurrier knows some team in the NFL is interested in him, he'll reject all offers from the colleges. His ego wants him to return to the pros and rectify his failures.

SOS will have 1 more coaching job in his career,and it will be UF. He will never again touch the NFL and the NFL doesn't want him either.

Huizenga and Benson may both be after Nick Saban. Guess who I hope gets him?

Reports are that Saban wants out of the state of Lousy-ana.

KBISBACK said:
I don't believe Spurrier going back to Florida is such a slam dunk. Something tells me that Jeremy Foley wants to go another way, but he wants Spurrier to get mad and turn the job down before he goes another direction.

I do believe that Spurrier is the top guy on Wayne's list of potential head coaches though, and if he doesn't get the Florida job, chances are, he will be the Dolphins head coach next season.

That would totally SUCK!! Spurrier has done nothing with his two year NFL stint, and you think Wayne has him high on his wish list?

His organizational skills are the worst, he hates putting in long hours, and he did nothing in Washington to prove otherwise.

No Thanks to this bum of a coach.

I'm not so sure Spurrier would return to UF. He is already like 60yrs old, and from what I have heard, the UF program is trying to move past the Spurrier era.

Sometimes you gotta just move forward.

NJL52 said:
im pretty sure coker wouldnt leave miami for 10 million dollars a year

Coming from a Canes Fan....Coker absolutely SUCKS...We dont want Spurrier or Coker they both suck.

musphinzfan said:
Coming from a Canes Fan....Coker absolutely SUCKS...We dont want Spurrier or Coker they both suck.

He's been at Miami for 3+ plus years, won 1 National Championship and almost a second, been in the BCS every year and won 2 of the 3 bowls, has never lost to Florida State, and has a grand total of 4 losses. Okay, so he may just be a good coach with superior talent, but he does NOT suck.

Back
Top Bottom