As the World Turns-Ricky/Spurrier Updates

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by CrunchTime, Oct 30, 2004.

1. CrunchTime

CrunchTime FinHeaven Elite

We have been bombarded with stories about these two so much do we really care anymore ?Anyway here are some articles about them with todays date .Take them for what they are worth.

Dolphins file suit vs. Ricky

[​IMG]
    [size=-1]BY ARMANDO SALGUERO[/size]
    [​IMG]
    [size=-1]asalguero@herald.com[/size]
    [​IMG]

The Dolphins filed a lawsuit against Ricky Williams in federal court for the Southern District of Florida on Friday, a possible move by the team toward getting a refund of $8.6 million an arbitrator ruled the running back owes the team

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/10053134.htm

If it's not Spurrier, Gators should bid for UM's Coker

If Steve Spurrier doesn't take the job, you know what I do if I'm UF Athletic Director Jeremy Foley? I call Miami Coach Larry Coker, who barely makes $1 million a year, and offer him and his entire coaching staff twice what they're making at UM. The Gators then would have immediate recruiting credibility in talent-rich Miami-Dade County and a head coach with a career record of 41-3. And, by the way, is there anybody happier than George O'Leary about Ron Zook's highly publicized firing? With us media types in the state talking and writing about Zook, we've barely had time to notice how terrible O'Leary's team is. Hey, maybe one of UCF's assistants should apply for the head coaching job at UF. Except they'd have to take a pay cut.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/columnists/orl-sptbianchi30103004oct30,1,6945824.column?coll=orl-sports-headlines

Steve Spurrier on a thong? You betcha. At www.hirestevespurrier.com one can purchase a classic cotton thong that bears the name of what likely has become a popular site in recent days. Various other items, including T-shirts, sweat shirts, wall clocks and even a teddy bear also encourage the hiring of the former Gators coach to be the new Gators coach. On the site's home page, it says: "We want Steve Spurrier to come back to Gainesville where he belongs, coaching college football at his alma mater." Spurrier, or at least hirestevespurrier.com, has competition. At hirebobstoops.com, the webmaster, who claims to be a Florida grad, lists the top five reasons the Gators should hire Stoops, a former Florida assistant who's now a successful coach at Oklahoma. Among them: "Spurrier is not coming back. He's going to the Dolphins next year."
    Not to be outdone is www.hirejefftedford.com which urges Florida to go after Cal's coach. This site features a Tedford Timeline but at last check didn't have any thongs. Ralph Ortega, a two-time All-America linebacker at Florida and former player with the Dolphins and Falcons, told the Miami Herald he and a group of former NFL players and coaches have talked about building a coaching staff, which would have former Falcons coach Jerry Glanville as the Gators head coach.

2. NJL52

NJL52 Seasoned Veteran

im pretty sure coker wouldnt leave miami for 10 million dollars a year

3. PHINATIC13

PHINATIC13 A True Fan

I for one hope that web master's wrong.I really don't want SS here coaching the Phins.I also believe SS is going back to his Gators, it's where he belongs.

4. KB21

KB21 A True Fan

I don't believe Spurrier going back to Florida is such a slam dunk. Something tells me that Jeremy Foley wants to go another way, but he wants Spurrier to get mad and turn the job down before he goes another direction.

I do believe that Spurrier is the top guy on Wayne's list of potential head coaches though, and if he doesn't get the Florida job, chances are, he will be the Dolphins head coach next season.

5. Shouright

Shouright Banned Hammered

What do people think of us having Spurrier with Boston, Chambers, and Booker on the field? Would that change anything?

6. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

I have a gut feeling that Spurrier will head back to Gainsville. He has two weeks to make his decision and I don't see him passing up the Gator job.

7. phunwin

phunwin The name's Bond...James Bond.

More on Spurrier, this time from Len Pasquarelli's weekly Tip Sheet (espn.com):

I'm not sure who the unnamed owner is, and Pastabelly gives no hints, but given all the speculation about the Phins and Spurrier, HWH has to be a likely possibility.

8. CrunchTime

CrunchTime FinHeaven Elite

Good input.Thanks.Its not a given that Spurrier will be back as HC at UF.The options are still open.

9. LIQUID24

LIQUID24 hi

This is from SI this week. Peter King: "Trust me. Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga isn't hiring Steve Spurrier."

10. LavaBoy

LavaBoy Member

It's either Huizenga or Benson.

If Spurrier knows some team in the NFL is interested in him, he'll reject all offers from the colleges. His ego wants him to return to the pros and rectify his failures.

11. dolphingator

dolphingator Well-Known Member

SOS will have 1 more coaching job in his career,and it will be UF. He will never again touch the NFL and the NFL doesn't want him either.

Huizenga and Benson may both be after Nick Saban. Guess who I hope gets him?

Reports are that Saban wants out of the state of Lousy-ana.

12. Ozzy

Ozzy Premium Member

That would totally SUCK!! Spurrier has done nothing with his two year NFL stint, and you think Wayne has him high on his wish list?

His organizational skills are the worst, he hates putting in long hours, and he did nothing in Washington to prove otherwise.

No Thanks to this bum of a coach.

13. TX-FinFan

TX-FinFan Seasoned Veteran

I'm not so sure Spurrier would return to UF. He is already like 60yrs old, and from what I have heard, the UF program is trying to move past the Spurrier era.

Sometimes you gotta just move forward.

14. musphinzfan

musphinzfan Pro Bowler

Coming from a Canes Fan....Coker absolutely SUCKS...We dont want Spurrier or Coker they both suck.

15. DolphinzD

DolphinzD Boom!! How you like that??

He's been at Miami for 3+ plus years, won 1 National Championship and almost a second, been in the BCS every year and won 2 of the 3 bowls, has never lost to Florida State, and has a grand total of 4 losses. Okay, so he may just be a good coach with superior talent, but he does NOT suck.

16. Fritz27

Fritz27 Seasoned Veteran

If Spurrier coaches the Fins, I'm no longer rooting for the team. I detest that man. I'll go root for the Chargers or Lions.

17. HybridPHIN 23

HybridPHIN 23 the N E W Dolphilbins

i feel the same way about spurrier... and if wayne is dumb enough to make him our coach it will be difficult to watch that jackass explain himself and why we suck so bad...

18. Shamboubou

Shamboubou THE REAL SOUL SHAKER!

I had herd something this mouring on Mike and Mike in the mouring, and they where talking about a ton of e-mails that where sent to the president of UF not wanting Spurrior back, and they where also talking about how they dont think he is going back to UF they really think he is going to be in Miami.

19. fish2004

fish2004 Banned Hammered

Is he that bad?