Asante Samuel, how much would it cost to sign him and would you do it? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante Samuel, how much would it cost to sign him and would you do it?

phinphan896

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Asante Samuel just had an amazing year and hes an unrestricted free agent this year. Do we have the cap space to sign him and would you do it? It would make us stronger while making the patriots weaker.

He'll cost a lot of money, but I wouldn't mind giving it to him. I rather pay top dollar for a cornerback than sign an outside linebacker like most people want to. If his demands are way too much, then I'd say pass on him. But if you can pay him what he is worth, then do it.

this is the one player we need to make a serious move for. if u want quiality players in todays league you have to expect to compensate them well. he will be worth the money

I would sign him if we have the cap space. ( i thouhgt i read somewhere that we have like 20 mil in space). I will admit to not watching too many pats games but he looked great in the play offs and taking from a rival is always best.:dolphins:

he'll cost too much. Every FA corner who hits the market seems to get 10 million gauranteed every year. Or better. In short answer, he'll cost too much. I dont want him.

You bet we should try to get this guy. Unfortunately, he will be wanting major $$$. He had a great season, and someone will show him the money.

Even worse, the Pats might end up franchising him, which means we'd have to give up a 1st round pick. If that's the case, Mueller will probably pass unless he intends to take a CB with the first pick. If that's the case, I'm all for it. Pay the man. He's 25 and will continue to be a stud for years to come.

Asante Samuel just had an amazing year and hes an unrestricted free agent this year. Do we have the cap space to sign him and would you do it? It would make us stronger while making the patriots weaker.

No, I wouldnt do it. Not that we cant afford him, but that I would spend the money elsewhere.

I really believe that we dont need to use top money or a 1st day pick to upgrade our secondary.

Im of the belief that the reason Mueller hasnt even mentioned DB as an area of priority in the offseason is because he thinks of Jason Allen as a budding star.

He's only mentioned a rushing OLB as an area of priority on the Defense.

I personally think that if we can add say an (Adalius Thomas) to the pass rush...and move Jason Allen to CB and Travis Daniels to S...we can improve our secondary.

CB: Allen
NB: Goodman

FS: Daniels
SS: Bell
S/DB: Hill

Then I would add a DB in say the 4th round for added depth as well as bring Mitchell up from the practice squad to fill out the last roster spot.

If we only sign one free agent this year and it is him than I would be extremely happy.He would make this secondary a whole lot better immediately. He will probably get franchised,but you never know with the patriots.

I believe that he has a tatoo that says "money" on his arm. That pretty much some it up...we have no chance. Also according to the media, he and the Pats are so far apart on neg. that the Pats may have to slap the "franchise" tag on him to prevent him from leaving. That type of news doesn't bode well for a cap-poor-many-needs-team like the Fins.:shakeno:

Sign him what ever it takes

we need a CB that can cover a star receiver

Both Allens and Daniels are not able to do that kind of work ( they choke)

No, I wouldnt do it. Not that we cant afford him, but that I would spend the money elsewhere.

I really believe that we dont need to use top money or a 1st day pick to upgrade our secondary.

Im of the belief that the reason Mueller hasnt even mentioned DB as an area of priority in the offseason is because he thinks of Jason Allen as a budding star.

He's only mentioned a rushing OLB as an area of priority on the Defense.

I personally think that if we can add say an (Adalius Thomas) to the pass rush...and move Jason Allen to CB and Travis Daniels to S...we can improve our secondary.

NB: Goodman

FS: Daniels
SS: Bell
S/DB: Hill

Then I would add a DB in say the 4th round for added depth as well as bring Mitchell up from the practice squad to fill out the last roster spot.

put down madden...step away from the controller.

Back
Top Bottom