Asante Samuel, how much would it cost to sign him and would you do it? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asante Samuel, how much would it cost to sign him and would you do it?

Should any team really sign someone after they have a big big year? Surely his cost is going to be huge and he would gobble up cap space? Wouldn't it make more sense to try to get someone a bit cheaper and leave more cash for other priority positions? I'm not saying that's definitely right, just asking. I can understand the desire for a top notch CB. It would help considerably.

he'll cost too much for us.

He is worth it though. The dolphins will have plenty of cap room for him with all the free agents we have this year. We have yet to have an outstanding Corner for a while since Surtain.

He is worth it though. The dolphins will have plenty of cap room for him with all the free agents we have this year. We have yet to have an outstanding Corner for a while since Surtain.
No we wont...we have 17 mill man...and over 40 free agents. Samual would cost somewhere in between a qtr to a whole half of that money. He is not worth that.

Now the SF Niners, they have over 40 mill in FA money. THEY have the money to throw around for him.

He's a punk,,i don't want our team anywhere near him and his, I HAVE A BIG YEAR IN MY CONTRACT YEAR,,I BEAT MY OWN CHEST WHEN I MAKE A GOOD PLAY IN A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AND I GET A TATOO OF GET PAID ON MY ARM, I'am sorry if i disagree with most,,real men don't act like that,let someone else have him.

Maybe we can land Fred Thomas from the saints. He should come pretty cheap.

I wish we'd have to pay him 15 mil at the VERY least and we need to save room to sighn our draft picks.

He's a punk,,i don't want our team anywhere near him and his, I HAVE A BIG YEAR IN MY CONTRACT YEAR,,I BEAT MY OWN CHEST WHEN I MAKE A GOOD PLAY IN A CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AND I GET A TATOO OF GET PAID ON MY ARM, I'am sorry if i disagree with most,,real men don't act like that,let someone else have him.

So, youre content with a Defensive lineman catching as many ints as our two starting CBs combined? And yes, let someone else have him. That way Culpepper can throw him an INT that way you have another thing to put him down for.

No we wont...we have 17 mill man...and over 40 free agents. Samual would cost somewhere in between a qtr to a whole half of that money. He is not worth that.

Now the SF Niners, they have over 40 mill in FA money. THEY have the money to throw around for him.

Yeah but guys are going to be cut and some contracts will be restructured. I think we'll have the cap space to pick up one elite free agent but you have to ask yourself if that one guy is worth more than two solid free agents.

Champ Bailey signed for 63mm for 7 years in 2005. Samuel is no Champ Bailey, but I suspect he will sign for somewhere in that ballpark given so many teams have a ton of cap room. In our situation, I think it's putting too many eggs in one basket. This is an excellent DB draft class so we should be able to get some help on the first day.

Back
Top Bottom