Ashamed!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ashamed!!!!

Originally posted by MDFINFAN

You know Tatonka, I agree, you are a nice guy:D Most people would have given up and run with all the heat you took, I have to say I respect you a lot for that..

PS..Write that in your diary, you won't see it again..:lol:

/grabs note pad and pen to scribble a note to self...

"remember to send MDFINAN his christmas card.....

.... right after the fish finish their season before christmas."

:D :rofl:

Re: Re: Sad

Originally posted by Tatonka

1. i noticed that.. wasnt very nice..

2. for me personally.. all of the above.. but especially option B :D

I know, but your a Jills fan so you can be forgiven for your ignorance. :lol:

Oh well, "It can't rain all the time."

But Expo, why take jabs, why not address the subject matter with something worth while..you have to remember the person who started the post was probably trying to say something that he thought would be good info to the board or something for good debate..instead of getting substitant opinion they get jeers and jabs..now on the post you just posted, if everyone attacked you for it, wouldn't you feel slighted, when you were only trying to express your opinion of Jeeps motives. I think someone cover very well the way Jeep approached this thread, you are inciting the flame...Move pass that and lets get back to info, opinions, and facts about the dolphins..If I recall, there is a smack forum for other stuffs..I think that's pretty good to let off some steam...Take care my finfan.

Sometimes when I get down I just think about a really drunk monkey. I mean he's just wasted, beer in one hand, swinging his arms about in a haphazard fashion, and hitting on really hot girls. Oh man, that monkey is funny.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
But Expo, why take jabs, why not address the subject matter with something worth while..you have to remember the person who started the post was probably trying to say something that he thought would be good info to the board or something for good debate..instead of getting substitant opinion they get jeers and jabs..now on the post you just posted, if everyone attacked you for it, wouldn't you feel slighted, when you were only trying to express your opinion of Jeeps motives. I think someone cover very well the way Jeep approached this thread, you are inciting the flame...Move pass that and lets get back to info, opinions, and facts about the dolphins..If I recall, there is a smack forum for other stuffs..I think that's pretty good to let off some steam...Take care my finfan.

99% of the time I simply address the topic, express my opinion, and leave it at that. Sometimes I'll throw an additional pop in there but, if you take the time to read my post, it wasn't all that bad and I really wasn't attacking the guy (12thman) personally, I was attacking the nature of the post; one that had been discussed over and over again. 12thman took it personally and took a couple of jabs and I responded in a very light hearted manner (I've since deleted that post in the interest of harmony.)

If people wanted to take issue to my response then that's their business, I would consider the source and respond as I saw fit, but I wouldn't/don't let this get to me. We're all fans and we all have our opinions and occasionally [often] those opinions clash. It's the nature of the beast bro.

You're right however, I did fan the flames a bit when I addressed Jeep's post and that's due to the fact that he was/is denouncing personal attacks while simultaneously (and unprovoked I might add) personally attacking me. You can't have it both ways.

Regardless, this does not belong in the smack forum though, this whole thread belongs in the deleted files bin.

Hey Jeep, in case you haven't heard, I am no longer an Admin here. I just thought that the whole thread was getting out of hand, and I said something.

Had nothing to do with the Administration.

Originally posted by infiltrateib
Sometimes when I get down I just think about a really drunk monkey. I mean he's just wasted, beer in one hand, swinging his arms about in a haphazard fashion, and hitting on really hot girls. Oh man, that monkey is funny.

AAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

that is seriously the funniest f-ing thing i have read in weeks.. that is absolutely hilarious man.. roflmao..

christ.. i am gonna wake my wife.. i am going to bed..

that is just classic..

just so you know.. i am going to be stealing that quote right there.. no question.

Ok everyone needs to give this a rest.

There are times when an issue will just die on its own... this apparently isn't one of those times...

The Staff's stance on personal attacks is this:

Don't do it.

If it's good natured ribbing, fine. If it's a blatent insult... not fine. It's hard sometimes to tell the difference, which is why I like smilies so much :D, but the Staff tries very hard to keep this on a mature level... something that, as AJ said, is nearly impossible to do with over 1750 members, and anywhere from 300 to 600 new posts per day....
It's also hard to tell sometimes.. who exactly threw the first punch... I think I've said a thousand times... that I am not concerned with who pushed who first... unless a member is consistantly a problem... but rather with stopping the fight altoghether.
Dolphan87 is retired as an Admin... however, he still has a huge interest in the "house that AJ and Gram built".... so I'm not surprised that he intervened. He used the quote from the first post he saw that made a personal attack...without trying to pour over everyone's words... I may have done the same thing. His point was not to single anyone out, but to end the conflict.
Let's all just get back to football... and stop beating each other up...
Freely discuss, debate, argue your opinions... but let's not resort to name-calling in the process...

Jon

Originally posted by WharfRat
The Staff's stance on personal attacks is this:

Don't do it.

Well the problem is that the staff doesn't back up their stances. If the mods see an insult they need to edit it right away and link to the rule about insulting others. You should keep files on offenders that way you can track who are constant repeat offenders.

All to often I see a mod come in and wag his finger like mom going "now boys play nice" and not deal with the actual infractions. All the moderators need to have brass balls and cut it off before it gets anywhere. There really needs to be a 0 tolerance policy and edits get done each time. As the head of support for a board of 16000 registered posters where many are paying us $9.95 a month we've learned the best way to deal with people is to cut em off before they can get anywhere and if they give you grief then they aren't worth having.

I know it sounds cruel but you'll find out who the real fans and good natured posters are and who are the headaches.

Hi, I'm Clump! Hi Clump!! and I'm a Bills fan who's a Premium Member on a Fins website. What's wrong with me? :(

NADA, NOTHING,ZILCH!!

I enjoy this site because many people have accepted the fact that a Bills fan can contribute in a positive way on a rival site. I've donated to help keep the site going because I remember when I was AJ's age (oh my that's 20 yrs ago) and how difficult that time was for me. I also wanted an opportunity to yell: SWEEP!! without getting banned :lol:

But seriously, we are all human beings (some of ya I'm still wonderin' about ;) ) and most of us are Americans (or our Allies from the UK) who just happen to have different loyalties to sport franchises. Many of us would have no problems being friends and able to socialize in the "real world" I met Miadphan13 (my favorite travel agent) and JayDog57 last year when I came down to see the Bills win 23-10 on such a hot frickin day ;) and was very impressed by Michelle's professionalism but maybe that's just because we are both Italian ;)
I'm planning to come down for the Bills game in Sept and would love an opportunity to join your tailgate party :)

Live long and prosper :D

In the rockies I think they call this type of neurosis cabin fever. It appears a strain of it is affecting dolphin fans who just can't wait for the damn season to start.
Sit back. Chill out. Maybe go to the driving range... Have a brew. We've got 6 weeks to go, I'm sure the focus will change then from analyzing peoples posts and assuming their intent and go more to the matter at hand, a goddamn superbowl run!!!:pirate:

I think this type of thing goes on behind the scenes at beauty pagents.
:lol:

Originally posted by Jeep
I do know that my level of enthusiasm for this team has declined and I believe its from all the arrogant.. pompous... immature people here...

Come on now... why do opinions from a message board filled with complete strangers carry so much weight in your mind. Water off a duck's back, that's all there is to it. You will never see most these guys ever in your entire life, and if you did, you probably wouldn't know it. So who cares what they suggest.

Besides, if you say something unpopular, you should expect to get slammed. Take a step outside your house and say something unpopular and see how many people lay into you. Why would basic rules of society change on a message board? You knew what was going to happen before you made the post. If you didn't... well... lets just say you should have.

I'm Rubber and your Glue.......etc.-So there!:bravo:

Back
Top Bottom