Asiata | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Asiata

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
anyone know how Asiata is progressing?
What do we know about Tunsil and James injuries?

We know nothing, Jon Snow.

I mean, we'll probably know more about the players injured after Gase meets with the press later today. About Asiata, he's clearly not there yet.

I have no doubt he's better than Bushrod. I don't have blind trust in Gase's roster evaluation when it comes to determining if a younger player is ready for action, after he rolled with Arian Foster over Ajayi. And it took an injury to Maxwell to realize Tank was the superior option.

Asiata must really suck. If he can't even provide competition vs. scrubs like Steen I don't know what to say.

Productive rookies, especially late round picks, are the exception not the rule. He may suck or he may need a year of developing better strength, getting used to speed of the NFL and to allow coaches to have confidence that mentally he will handle the complex schemes he'll have to master so as not get his QB decleated by missing an assignment and letting a blitzer run free.

I think he's been inactive for all of the first six games of the season so far, or at least it seems so. I'd give him time, but not too much.....he's old for a rookie. Maybe he develops into a solid backup or even fringe starter.

We surely need to acquire a starting caliber guard and center via free agency, trade, or draft in the offseason. Possibly two guards depending on how Larson looks when he gets back.

The line needs to be fixed though, not patched. You can't have a tailback of Ajayi's caliber and continue with the patchwork crap every year. We are wasting his prime years. This is a guy who can take a team very deep into the playoffs.

I have no doubt he's better than Bushrod. I don't have blind trust in Gase's roster evaluation when it comes to determining if a younger player is ready for action, after he rolled with Arian Foster over Ajayi. And it took an injury to Maxwell to realize Tank was the superior option.

To be fair, VERY few HCs start a rookie unless he's noticeably better than a veteran starter. Plus, in Maxwell's case, he knew the D calls and Tank didn't. Plus, Gase, alone, isn't making those evaluations. Not defending Gase, but low round picks need time.

A mando article stated Tunsil's injury is not serious but Thursday will come quickly so who knows.

He may be as good as our current group, but he doesn't have experience and probably requires more time to think. Once he becomes more fluid and the game slows down a little he will be used. Just not sure when that will be. Perhaps with an injury he will be given the chance.

He may suck or he may need a year of developing better strength, getting used to speed of the NFL and to allow coaches to have confidence that mentally he will handle the complex schemes he'll have to master so as not get his QB decleated by missing an assignment and letting a blitzer run free.
We're having these exact things with our veterans, wouldn't make a difference with Asiata. And after all it's still football. The game might be faster than in college but if the scheme is too complex to understand for a football player after six months, something's wrong with the scheme.

Gase is terrible at evaluating talent, he's proven that time and time again. Our guards suck so we could really use a strong run mauler to solidify that line given that we mostly run it anyways. It does seem that the only way better or younger players are getting in starting spots is through injury sadly. It's a shame because I don't like being negative but we've been putting up with terrible decision makers for 10 years so what's new I guess. This seems eerily similar to the thomas/turner debacle, 2.0. Nice to see some younger players getting lumps though, really like watching tank play and I really wanted to watch Asiata live up to his reputation, I love that type of nasty football he's known for. Hope Moore doesn't get hurt behind those guards, I really like him as a player and I don't like seeing players get hurt but i was very happy to see Cutler go, never seen anybody so unhappy to make 10 million.

You may have no doubt but our coaches analyze the performance of all players at every training session. The feedback we heard from early training camp here on FH was that while he is big (and by far the heaviest guy on the roster), he lacked obvious strength against the experienced D-linemen who weigh considerably less and over-powered him. In fact the early prognosis was that he struggled. We were told basically from the getgo not to expect much this year, because he's a bit understrength. However, with a solid year of training and hitting the weights, Isaac would be expected to seriously compete next year.

Back
Top Bottom