Ask Boomer | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

TripleThreat said:
Hey Boomer (read BOOMER) in light of the other thread, might you weigh in on Orvolsky. Have you graded him... head arm legs etc...? Where you think he'll go?

Thanks, and hope the youngin' is doing fine.

Hey...no worries. Yep she's all good.

Orlovsky......pocket passer, not particularly mobile. Decent arm, good touch, accurate especially on the short to intermediate routes. Balls come out too low at times. When he hits a rhythm he gets hot. He's composed, he's a leader, hard worker, studies the game film religiously, but he has a delivery that I don't like - slow - and his footwork can get a little choppy at times. Too often for me he stares his receivers down - with the lengthier than usual delivery, this could lead to a lot of picks at the next level. I would like to see him performing on a bigger stage as his opponents haven't been outstanding.

I think he's probably a 3rd rounder.

PHINSfan said:
Simon thanks for your great imputs!!! as a new comer here is really nice to be able to read your responses to some great questions. Congratulation on your little girl and happy new year to you and your family

Thanks.....it's my pleasure. I enjoy it :)

Happy New Year to you too.

Hey Boomer how are you man? I was wondering our very own Josh Bazinet (Baz) is a senior at New Mexico and i was wondering what round do you think he will be drafted in?

Hey Boomer,I asked this question to Brett,but I guess he has not been on to answer,but what do I need to do to become a football scout at the collegiate or pro levels?

Boomer, what are your conclusions on Dontrelle Moore? Where would this UNM Tailback of gone this year if he declared for the draft. Baz's teammate blew out his knee tonight in the Emerald Bowl, so I am sure he will stay in school. I get teh conclusion that he is Warrick Dunn-esque. This guy leads the MWC in all-time yards and was only a junior.

HI Boomer... first, are you a nucklear sub of the Boomer class, or a character from the BattleStar series of the 70's? Just joking....

Unfortuantely I decided to read your entire thread before I asked a question... unfortunately that was about 14 IceHouses's ago so I may not be totally, er um sane.

To my question. In your experience, do you know of anyone who ranks and studies coaches as you do players?

Sorry, just have to write this... as an amatuer in archaeology, and anthropology, your being 100 % English is just a tad misleading.

You could have ... Roman, Saxon, Pict , Norman, even, Indian, Spanish, you name it, (though probably not Hun or Chineese), genes in your pool.. Did I mention Celt?

On the other hand your an unusual person, and I trust you evaluations.

Ben

Damn Boomer , I missed Anglo of Anglo/Saxon... oops!
BTW word is they have uncovered AMAZON (female) warrior graves in England...they are from the European region of Austria ... come to think of it my wife is half Austrian.... urp.

NLude33 said:
How about some Iowa Hawkeys? Any first day picks there? More specificly, where do you see Matt Roth going? I know he is a day one pick, but first round material?

I think Roth will end up in the 3rd round area. He is like Bill Swancutt in the way that he consistently gives it his all for 60 minutes - when he gets knocked over, he's straight back up and into the play. A hard working player who will be a solid performer in this league for 10 years.

Jonathan Babineaux is a very undersized DT who should move to DE at the next level. At 6-2 though he is very small to play end. He is quick - timed at 4.72 at the Iowa Pro Day last year - and athletic, can make plays after the passer and will likely be a situational pass rusher as he doesn't stack up too well against the run. He has also had 2 major leg breaks during his career.

Jermelle Lewis might fly under some radars. He can bust you in the chops and did a decent job of coming back from the ACL injury. He could turn out to be a very good player down the line given the time.

Sean Considine is a big hitting run stuffing safety who does a tremendous job in run support but who looks to me a liability when the ball is in the air. His 1st instinct is always "run" and he can be found out. Looks to me like a good back-up and a knockout ST player.

The two junior 'backers Hodge on the inside and Greenway on the outside are outstanding. Greenway has done a nice job coming back from the knee injury. He is a hard worker, good in coverage, although he can get hooked inside too much when trying to make plays to the perimeter. Hodge is a heck of a player - great speed, although he's a tad small for a middle linebacker. I see him projeting outside in the pros. Jovan Johnson and Antwan Allen have nice upside but should stay in school.

T Pete McMahon is too leaden footed to be a LT, but has a shot on the right side or at G. Coaches will like his technique. Tyle Luebke looks a marginal prospect.

PhinDude88 said:
Hey Boomer how are you man? I was wondering our very own Josh Bazinet (Baz) is a senior at New Mexico and i was wondering what round do you think he will be drafted in?

Good thanks Phindude.

Josh from Montgomery Boulevard? :)

I think he's going to get a real shot as a special teams standout in the pros. I think he'll be a FA type, but he'll get a shot in camp and should quickly make friends with the ST coach.

WelcomeBack said:
Hey Boomer,I asked this question to Brett,but I guess he has not been on to answer,but what do I need to do to become a football scout at the collegiate or pro levels?

I truly have no idea. I would badger your local team with scouting reports, call them up, send stuff in, hound them. I suppose that's what I'd do.

TerryTate said:
Boomer, what are your conclusions on Dontrelle Moore? Where would this UNM Tailback of gone this year if he declared for the draft. Baz's teammate blew out his knee tonight in the Emerald Bowl, so I am sure he will stay in school. I get teh conclusion that he is Warrick Dunn-esque. This guy leads the MWC in all-time yards and was only a junior.

Terry, I think he has been working exceptionally hard to turn himself into a high round back. He has good speed, good quicks, excellent feet, the sort of vision that you desire of an NFL runner, the ability to see the cutback lanes develop and bust up into them. You like the way he can run through tackles or go round them and his off field ethic is tremendous. I think he would have been a day 1 pick for sure, although he would have been better advised staying in school and working on his strength and his pass blocking ability. Now he has no option and it will be interesting to see how he comes back.

Bottle Nose said:
HI Boomer... first, are you a nucklear sub of the Boomer class, or a character from the BattleStar series of the 70's? Just joking....

Unfortuantely I decided to read your entire thread before I asked a question... unfortunately that was about 14 IceHouses's ago so I may not be totally, er um sane.

To my question. In your experience, do you know of anyone who ranks and studies coaches as you do players?

Sorry, just have to write this... as an amatuer in archaeology, and anthropology, your being 100 % English is just a tad misleading.

You could have ... Roman, Saxon, Pict , Norman, even, Indian, Spanish, you name it, (though probably not Hun or Chineese), genes in your pool.. Did I mention Celt?

On the other hand your an unusual person, and I trust you evaluations.

Ben

Ben, I have very little idea about what all that means. Suffice to say that in your question about coaches rankings, I'm afraid I don't know anyone.

And I'm not that unusual DESPITE being 100% English. :)

WelcomeBack said:
Thanks Boomer,what you are doing for this forum is great.Keep it up! :)

My pleasure Welcome Back. My pleasure.

Just curious how did you rate Tom Brady in his draft class that year? :)

Personally I watched him play, and I knew he was going to be good I kept screaming for the Dolphins to draft him but we know how that turned out.

I remember Michigan kept playing musical chairs with him that year, he was the starter he wasn't... I believe it was between him and Brain G. at that time or was it Henson? Well the memory fades now. But I knew he would be good. His passes were always on the money.

Back
Top Bottom