Ask Boomer | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

Boomer, You've probably heard these questions before but there's too many pages for me to go back thru and read em all so here they go...

1. What are the chances we keep Surtain?

2. If you were GM for the Dolphins, which player would you consider drafting first?

Thanks.

CpuFan said:
Just curious how did you rate Tom Brady in his draft class that year? :)

Personally I watched him play, and I knew he was going to be good I kept screaming for the Dolphins to draft him but we know how that turned out.

I remember Michigan kept playing musical chairs with him that year, he was the starter he wasn't... I believe it was between him and Brain G. at that time or was it Henson? Well the memory fades now. But I knew he would be good. His passes were always on the money.

Honestly? I thought he would be a 5th/6th rounder. I just thought he was such a carthorse in the pocket that he would have real trouble. But he's proved me totally wrong. He was mixing time with Henson I think. A lot of people look pretty stupid in hindsight, huh. :)

Apart from you and Bill Belichick. ;)

Predaphin said:
Boomer, You've probably heard these questions before but there's too many pages for me to go back thru and read em all so here they go...

1. What are the chances we keep Surtain?

2. If you were GM for the Dolphins, which player would you consider drafting first?

Thanks.

We'll keep him, but not at the price he's at now. I would imagine that they will restructure and realistically point out that he is slipping a notch or two, he is ageing, his knee issues are not going to go away, etc. Saban won't take any BS. He will lay it on the line in the way that Belichick and Pioli did with Ty Law.

If I was GM, I would consider drafting one of the DE's - Spears, James or Pollack, one of the Auburn backs or I would try and instigate a trade down for picks.

Boomer said:
We'll keep him, but not at the price he's at now. I would imagine that they will restructure and realistically point out that he is slipping a notch or two, he is ageing, his knee issues are not going to go away, etc. Saban won't take any BS. He will lay it on the line in the way that Belichick and Pioli did with Ty Law.

If I was GM, I would consider drafting one of the DE's - Spears, James or Pollack, one of the Auburn backs or I would try and instigate a trade down for picks.

Thanks man.

Predaphin said:
Thanks man.

No worries mate. If we do move to the 3-4, Spears especially would be the IDEAL pick up.

The one on now Jeff and the Rose Bowl. There are a lot of high round possibilities in this game that interest Miami - Pollack and James, Jean-Gilles, David Greene, the Georgia wideouts, Anttaj Hawthorne, etc.

So many games - We have 3 here today live and then the rest tape delayed over the next few days. Not sure I will be able to see them all. The wife won't be too happy, especially with a double header on tomorrow (NFL), plus I was watching my soccer team at lunchtime today.

Boomer, where do you see Chris Rix going in the draft(as in round wise)

Phinz1972 said:
Boomer, where do you see Chris Rix going in the draft(as in round wise)

6th round, maybe 7th. Chris has 1st round skills and a FA brain. Unfortuntaley he never proved that he could avoid the mental errors no matter what. He would likely have been replaced for good by Adrian McPherson had he not gotten into trouble, but the good games were outnumbered by the bad ones and the dumb plays.

Hey Boomer,I agree with you about Chris Rix.Do you think he will end up going to NFL Europe or AFL,because I do not think he is ready for any NFL Games.

Also,after his performance,does J.J. Arrington's stock raise?What round would you say he should go in?

With this class of running back's,I wouldn't be surprised to see him at late 2nd-early 3rd.

Also,what do you think of RB's like Noah Herron,Walter Reyes,Darren Sproles and Lionel Gates,where do you think they are going and how good would they be in the NFL?

One more question,is it any kinda possibility for us to get Jonathan Scott with our 3rd or 4th rounder?

WelcomeBack said:
Hey Boomer,I agree with you about Chris Rix.Do you think he will end up going to NFL Europe or AFL,because I do not think he is ready for any NFL Games.

Also,after his performance,does J.J. Arrington's stock raise?What round would you say he should go in?

With this class of running back's,I wouldn't be surprised to see him at late 2nd-early 3rd.

Also,what do you think of RB's like Noah Herron,Walter Reyes,Darren Sproles and Lionel Gates,where do you think they are going and how good would they be in the NFL?

One more question,is it any kinda possibility for us to get Jonathan Scott with our 3rd or 4th rounder?

Hey mate.....1st off, I will get to your PM.

Rix would be suited to going to Europe but I'm not sure that what's wrong with his game is fixable. It's a mental thing.

Arrington had an excellent game in an otherwise poor performance from the Golden Bears. I think he's a solid day 1 back. Late 2nd, 3rd round area.

Reyes had a very mediocre year after his great outing in 2003, although injuries slowed his productivity. He is small, although I think he can make an impact as a 3rd down back as he has the quicks. Same with Sproles. He could be a devastating 3rd down back/returner. Herron is big and powerful as a runner, but he's too slow to make it as a halfback. He just lacks the footspeed to be effective. Gates is the 3rd best back on that Louisville roster behind Shelton and Bush and he hasn't ever carried much of the load. But he has the size, the power inside and the footspeed to be an interesting proposition. Personally I think his teammate Shelton is a hell of a player.

I doubt Scott comes out because he has some technique issues - is a bit of a waist bender, doesn't seem to me to be the strongest. If he hits the weights and works on his footwork and his positioning, he could make himself a lot of money for 2006.

Boomer said:
plus I was watching my soccer team at lunchtime today.
and they bloody lost too, Bloody Chelsea, can't stand them.
On Topic now, what do you think of R. Melander, the LT of my current place of abode, The UM Gophers?

Cheers

MNFINFAN said:
and they bloody lost too, Bloody Chelsea, can't stand them.
On Topic now, what do you think of R. Melander, the LT of my current place of abode, The UM Gophers?

Cheers

God nor can I. We dominated them as well.

As for Rian, he's a horse. Big and strong as an ox, I don't think he is an NFL LT, but he can pass protect and move his feet well. I think he's a decent 2nd day RT prospect. He's pretty high cut and doesn't always bend his knees.

Boomer,I have been real puzzled with this cause different sites give different answers,is Vince Young a true sophmore or is he a redshirt sophmore?

WelcomeBack said:
Boomer,I have been real puzzled with this cause different sites give different answers,is Vince Young a true sophmore or is he a redshirt sophmore?

He's a true Soph mate. He committed to UT on January 13th 2002, ahead of FSU, KState, LSU, Arkansas, UM and Southern.

Back
Top Bottom