Ask Boomer | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ask Boomer

Bowl_Bound said:
So you think Cadillac is more probable than Ronnie Brown? I am leaning toward the later.

At this stage, I think for whatever reason, the value on Cadillac is a little higher. That may all change and probably will. Miami are not in the position to be frugal. We have an untested bigger back in Gordon who we gave a 3rd rounder for. A 1-2 combo of Williams and Gordon, especially considering his explosiveness might factor in, but frankly who knows.

NLude33 said:
I though Brown looked much better in the bowl game then Williams did.

I LOVE Brown. However my fear with him is his elusiveness. He has speed, power and hands, but I jus dont see him juking people like I would like a top 5 pick to do.

on his board Mel Kiper has Brown stock going up (and Benson also), but Cadillac going down. I wonder what he knows???

Quote:
"Read my comment again. I said "I THINK he did OK". I didn't profess to saying that he DID do OK, just that "I think" he did. I made the point that I didn't see him."

LOL.....

You mean compared to not thinking? Well as long as I'm not thinking looks like Sage played OK. All your opinions are a process of what you think.

Just busting you chops mate. Bottom line is I think you have interesting insights and I do enjoy reading your posts. I admire your openess and honesty. I realize its very tuff to see enough of every player to give an even more precise evaluation.

Just figured that in the Sage case, being so close to home, that you would have seen his performance to truly give an accurate statement. IMO, I did not see the same quality and skills in Sages passes that I see from AJ, as far as accuracy and zip in the throws. And because I respected your opinion, was looking forward to what you saw. Not that it would change my mind but I was curious as to how you would see his play.Now it was his first start in the NFL so I realize its not fair to base his ability on one game. But the first impression didn't impress me.
After reading your post again realize that you did say " Sage deserves another chance, nothing more ". Be interested if you do get a chance to evaluate Sages performance, to hear your thoughts on what you do see.IMO looks to be carrying the clip board at best cause even if he is capable of developing, I don't think Saban will be in a position to want to give him that time. Unlike Wannstedt I don't think Saban needs another 3 years to draw his conclusions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dolphins_SR66 said:
FA is a fine theory, but I dont see any hi-caliber OL in FA or RFA.
From what I understand there will be some guys there. We don't need a Walter Jones, but a Jonas Jennings may be good enough. There are always servicable guys in FA, and always a few guys who are released. We don't need a couple of superstars, just an upgrade to what we have now and I think that will certainly be there.

"i dont see any hi-caliber OL in FA"
Are you kidding?? what do you consider Walter Jones????

PHINSfan said:
"i dont see any hi-caliber OL in FA"
Are you kidding?? what do you consider Walter Jones????
I should have clarified with "Affordable"....Jones is out of the price range.

ahhh... affordable!!! big difference!!! That is trully a problem considering we are about 17 mils over the cap!!!

that's why i douldnt mind trading surtain, and getting rid of fiedler,timBo,both safeties, in order to be able to pick up somebody like Jones. Im sick and tired of getting a bunch ofoverpaid mediocre free agents. Lets just get one really good one and lets see what happens.

PHINSfan said:
that's why i douldnt mind trading surtain, and getting rid of fiedler,timBo,both safeties, in order to be able to pick up somebody like Jones. Im sick and tired of getting a bunch ofoverpaid mediocre free agents. Lets just get one really good one and lets see what happens.
Yeah, I hear you....I would love to see Miami improve its line play, and then improve the consistency year in year out to move bodies around and have a rushing attack as well as passing consistency.

We lived with the greatest QB that never had a RB.....I want to get to the point where we have the type of Line the Broncos, Steelers, et al have created to move bodies, open holes, and protect the passer. You think Big Ben is 13-0 because of his skills????

absolutelly dolphins SR66... Imagine having W. Jones at LT and lets say somebody like wilkerson (who we should pick with the 3rd rd pick) at C. I would like to know what Boomer thinks about this. I know Jones would be really expensive but hey, i rather pick up one stud in free agency and not a bunch of mediocre overpayed players.

PHINSfan said:
absolutelly dolphins SR66... Imagine having W. Jones at LT and lets say somebody like wilkerson (who we should pick with the 3rd rd pick) at C. I would like to know what Boomer thinks about this. I know Jones would be really expensive but hey, i rather pick up one stud in free agency and not a bunch of mediocre overpayed players.
http://www.theredzone.org/2005/freeagents/index.asp

Out of this listing per positions....(too bad its not ranked) we should go after Line...then draft wisely (trade down if possible to get more picks).

We can then leverage the draft for "future" playmakers, but improve the line to let the existing players have a chance to show their skills.

Have to manage the cap to get to a point where we have the $$ to get FA, and also convince FA to sign with the "new" improved philosphy of the Miami Dolphins and Nick Saban.

Draft - Rodgers
Trade Surtan - Get A Rb Or Dt With Pick
Fa Left Tackle
Draft - Wilkerson C
Could Also Get Jordan From Jets As Fa

Alot Of Problems Solved

Could one of the Moderators please clarify if this is a discussion thread? Maybe clean it up, if you think it's warranted...it gets annoying to check back here to read what Boomer has to say and find a long conversation among random posters just like the 30,000 other threads...

Back
Top Bottom