Assumption: lots of high draft picks equals improved roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Assumption: lots of high draft picks equals improved roster

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
Fact of the matter that is not the case

Jeff Ireland has had years to build a roster and we haven't done squat

If you think all those picks are going to be impact players your crazy

This team needs to go BPA every pick . . . no such needs in this draft when you got this many issues. WR, CB, TE, pass rusher, OG, OT, FS . .. take the best man every round and build up the overall talent.

Robert Woods, should be the obvious move for us in the first round. He's slated to be available from 15-25. Those who want Bowe, Idk why but I just cant seem to trust him I'd fear another David Boston mess. If Jennings leave we should obviously snatch him, but wouldn't count on it. So yea, and please please we need a fix in our secondary. Yet this year the draft is thin in corners, such bad luck smh. Oh and Tyrann Mathieu would be great too in the 3rd, I know he's not great in coverage but he is a weapon I'll tell ya!

I'm not as high on the WR group this year at least not yet. In my eyes if banks, or milliner are there we have to take them. this secondary is scary bad. we get lit up by jake locker, and just wait til we see fitz and brady. hell even russel wilson... this team has holes, and in my opinion, the biggest one is secondary. I want a cb with mad skills, I might even look to take a safety that has that enforcer attitude, before I go diving into the WR selection.

we aren't built for a shootout, so we need to limit the points allowed. secondary help can do that.

I'm not as high on the WR group this year at least not yet. In my eyes if banks, or milliner are there we have to take them. this secondary is scary bad. we get lit up by jake locker, and just wait til we see fitz and brady. hell even russel wilson... this team has holes, and in my opinion, the biggest one is secondary. I want a cb with mad skills, I might even look to take a safety that has that enforcer attitude, before I go diving into the WR selection.

we aren't built for a shootout, so we need to limit the points allowed. secondary help can do that.
Agree with that approach, as long as we go with receivers and secondary players in the draft I'll be fine. But **** if Manti Teo is there, I'd be tempted to pull the trigger on him lol.

I'd have to really think before passing on teo as well. but I also like arthur brown, and a.j. klein quite a bit. klein will probably go a full round later and i dont know that theres major dropoff there. need to do more studying but, klein can ball.
either way, I think our first round selection had probably better go towards defense.

Robert Woods, should be the obvious move for us in the first round. He's slated to be available from 15-25. Those who want Bowe, Idk why but I just cant seem to trust him I'd fear another David Boston mess. If Jennings leave we should obviously snatch him, but wouldn't count on it. So yea, and please please we need a fix in our secondary. Yet this year the draft is thin in corners, such bad luck smh. Oh and Tyrann Mathieu would be great too in the 3rd, I know he's not great in coverage but he is a weapon I'll tell ya!
Woods is a slot WR. I'd rather scoop Keenan Allen if we can get him, I think he would be a better fit for us. Also, Mathieu probably won't be drafted at all, he can't put the pipe down. No need to use any picks on drug addicts.

allen is the only wr worth a 1st rnd pick

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

thats all we need another cb who cant cover. the guy is good but not what we need.

Yes because in the 5+ years of him being the GM, he has done such a great job of filling this roster with talent. Just look at all the playmakers. Man you flew the Sparano flag to the death, and are hanging on to the Ireland flag for dear life. Please, for the love of God, tell us Ireland will be the GM in 2013. Your Sparano prediction was so spot on, it will be Irelands kiss of death.

If we get no 1# WR in FA, keenan allen is the guy I want he can bring the most immediate impact probably the only receiver worth a 1st rounder like another poster said.

Yes because in the 5+ years of him being the GM, he has done such a great job of filling this roster with talent. Just look at all the playmakers. Man you flew the Sparano flag to the death, and are hanging on to the Ireland flag for dear life. Please, for the love of God, tell us Ireland will be the GM in 2013. Your Sparano prediction was so spot on, it will be Irelands kiss of death.
:lol: I didn't say anything in this thread expect "Ok" and you somehow dissected that into some major in depth response by me. You are such a character.

If you want to quote or bring up my past predictions, please at least get them right. I never predicted that Sparano would definitely be back in 2012, my predicition was during the 2010 season that he would definitely would be back in 2011 and he would get a contract extension. I was right. Last year I was hopeful the Dolphins could have a good season, but I always said that 2011 was Sparano's last chance season and he needed to win. Again I was right. Learn to pick better fights. I know emotions are high after this Dolphins loss, but just step back and take a breath before you start finger pointing and trying to start word battles.

:lol: I didn't say anything in this thread expect "Ok" and you somehow dissected that into some major in depth response by me. You are such a character.

If you want to quote or bring up my past predictions, please at least get them right. I never predicted that Sparano would definitely be back in 2012, my predicition was during the 2010 season that he would definitely would be back in 2011 and he would get a contract extension. I was right. Last year I was hopeful the Dolphins could have a good season, but I always said that 2011 was Sparano's last chance season and he needed to win. Again I was right. Learn to pick better fights. I know emotions are high after this Dolphins loss, but just step back and take a breath before you start finger pointing and trying to start word battles.
The OP says Ireland has built a crap roster in 5 years and you reply,"OK". So tell me, are you agreeing with him, or saying OK as a put down? And last year you did post Sparano would be the coach in 2012, you want to say you didn't i could care less. No war here, I think you were being a smart azz with you OK answer, if you were not, i apologize.

The OP says Ireland has built a crap roster in 5 years and you reply,"OK". So tell me, are you agreeing with him, or saying OK as a put down? And last year you did post Sparano would be the coach in 2012, you want to say you didn't i could care less. No war here, I think you were being a smart azz with you OK answer, if you were not, i apologize.

So you now admit you don't know which side of the argument I was on, yet made an early decision to try and blast me. Ok.

I never said last season that Sparano would definitely be back in 2012, I always said he needed to have a winning record to come back in 2012. Again, I think you are mistaking my comment of Sparano definitely coming back from the 2010 season. I can even point out exactly when I made that comment, it was after the Dolphins beat the Jets in December to improve to 7-6. I said Sparano would be back and likely get a contract extension. But in 2011 I was hopeful the team would be good and in some cases expected a good team, but I always said Sparano needed to win to be back in 2012. I don't mind being criticized for things I said, but I don't like when people try and put words in my mouth. I will always defend myself.

If you want my opinion on Ireland's job security, here it is. I do think his job is on the line if the Dolphins completely bomb the second half of the season. We all know the Ross is a big fan of Jeff, so don't think it is cut and dry that a losing season automatically means he is getting fired. I also don't think firing Ireland is going to mean instant success or improvement. If anything, a GM change is probably going to mean a change at head coach. Maybe you are OK with seeing Philbin fired after just one season, but I see it as just a continuation of the problems we have had in the past. A new GM and a new head coach might mean Tannehill is not in the cards for the next regime. Firing Ireland will likely mean another complete start over. So my guess is that while Ireland can be fired after this season, I don't see Ross hitting the start over button again. In my opinion Ireland got a clean slate after Philbin was hired, maybe that doesn't seem right, but it is probably accurate.

So you now admit you don't know which side of the argument I was on, yet made an early decision to try and blast me. Ok.

I never said last season that Sparano would definitely be back in 2012, I always said he needed to have a winning record to come back in 2012. Again, I think you are mistaking my comment of Sparano definitely coming back from the 2010 season. I can even point out exactly when I made that comment, it was after the Dolphins beat the Jets in December to improve to 7-6. I said Sparano would be back and likely get a contract extension. But in 2011 I was hopeful the team would be good and in some cases expected a good team, but I always said Sparano needed to win to be back in 2012. I don't mind being criticized for things I said, but I don't like when people try and put words in my mouth. I will always defend myself.

If you want my opinion on Ireland's job security, here it is. I do think his job is on the line if the Dolphins completely bomb the second half of the season. We all know the Ross is a big fan of Jeff, so don't think it is cut and dry that a losing season automatically means he is getting fired. I also don't think firing Ireland is going to mean instant success or improvement. If anything, a GM change is probably going to mean a change at head coach. Maybe you are OK with seeing Philbin fired after just one season, but I see it as just a continuation of the problems we have had in the past. A new GM and a new head coach might mean Tannehill is not in the cards for the next regime. Firing Ireland will likely mean another complete start over. So my guess is that while Ireland can be fired after this season, I don't see Ross hitting the start over button again. In my opinion Ireland got a clean slate after Philbin was hired, maybe that doesn't seem right, but it is probably accurate.
So now your your saying just because we get a new GM, the coach and his staff are going to be fired, and the QB will be replaced? Every Gm hired doesn't trash the entire organization and start over. No, i don't want to see Philibin fired, but please, it's not like the guy is Bill Walsh already. Tannehill looks like he can be a quality nfl starter, time will tell. You do not keep a gm thats not getting it done for fear of change.

Back
Top Bottom