ASU WR Jaelen Strong | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ASU WR Jaelen Strong

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I really like this guy. As an ASU alum I have watched many of his games on the PAC-12 Network, and he is money. I know WR is probably not our top priority but I really like this guy. I would take him slightly ahead of USC's Nelson Agholor. See highlights:

[video=youtube;9wI3uva1RW4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wI3uva1RW4[/video]

One of my dark horse sleeper picks is Mike Bercovici. Strong makes him look good, but dude has a gun.

Jaelen Strong would be a MASSIVE upgrade over Brian Hartline. The best trait Strong would add this offense desperately needs is blocking on the perimeter. Plus he can win 1-on-1 outside. A trio of Wallace, Strong, and Landry would be really nasty.

You could sign me up right now if you told me I could add Jaelen Strong round 1, Ameer Abdullah round 2. Both are perfect fits for our scheme, and would make the offense even more dynamic.

As of now I have White, Cooper, Coates, Parker, and Greene ahead of Strong. He's a good player.

See more rankings here : http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?358340-Final-Draft-Grades-Rankings-2015

Walter Football has Strong as the 21st overall pick, and us taking CB Ifo Ekpre Olomu out of Oregon at 19. Strong is moving up the board after getting over 200 yards on USC. I guess it depends who you like...I like Strong's size and strength...like another Kelvin Benjamin.

Walter Football has Strong as the 21st overall pick, and us taking CB Ifo Ekpre Olomu out of Oregon at 19. Strong is moving up the board after getting over 200 yards on USC. I guess it depends who you like...I like Strong's size and strength...like another Kelvin Benjamin.

Ehhh... I wouldn't take it that far. He'll be a pretty good #2. But I'd pump the breaks on a Benjamin comp. Closer to a Marques Colston, with his ability to be an effective big bodied slot WR.

IOE is the ideal off man corner. Same exact height as Grimes. I like him in Miami's scheme more than any in the league. It would suit him the best.

I like Strong quite a bit. Id say my ranking would be eerily similar to Tanneballs except I like Strong more than Greene. More than anything he is the type of player we need opposite Wallace.

I like Strong quite a bit. Id say my ranking would be eerily similar to Tanneballs except I like Strong more than Greene. More than anything he is the type of player we need opposite Wallace.

Kevin White though...... THAT is the player needed opposite Wallace.

Kevin White is an absolute stud. I think White and Cooper are top 10 talents. I like White a little bit more personally, but Cooper is fantastic as well. Both of those guys just dominate games…true alpha receivers. I think Coates and Parker are both 1st round talents as well. Hell Coates might end up the best pro if he puts it all together, that guy is a freak…Julio type athlete.

Kevin White is an absolute stud. I think White and Cooper are top 10 talents. I like White a little bit more personally, but Cooper is fantastic as well. Both of those guys just dominate games…true alpha receivers. I think Coates and Parker are both 1st round talents as well. Hell Coates might end up the best pro if he puts it all together, that guy is a freak…Julio type athlete.

He might even test better than Julio. I think his vert is in the 40's and he will probably broad jump 11 feet, as well as run 4.38 or faster.

As of now I have Kevin White a top 5 talent. Cooper is just outside of that. Coates and Parker are mid 1st round WR's. High end #2 types, but not someone you make the focal point of your passing game at the next level.

I was watching USC's Nelson Agholor last night at a sport's bar, along with the Dolphins-Bills game. Agholor had 16 catches, 216 yards, and 2 TD's against Cal last night. Wow he looked amazing. There is some great WR's coming out if we are looking for some more weapons.

Makes a lot of contested catches, which shows he can win the one on one battles. Could be a great fit in Miami, but speed is my concern with Strong. I like Parker better. Some of the same issues, but I think he has more speed.

Call me crazy, but i wasn't really that impressed with his highlights. I really didn't see much separation from defenders, or any display of speed, and the highlights were a little light on yards after catch. He was actually covered on a lot of his catches, so if he struggles to get open in college, how will he fare in the NFL? It does show just how dominant he is at coming down with contested catches though. But will that translate to the NFL? He could be a good possession receiver, moving the chains and being a legit red zone threat. If he was there in the 2nd round and Miami took him, I would be cool with that. But I might be disappointed if he was our 1st round pick.

Still a long way to go though, before final evaluations are in on these kids. For all we know, he could be the second coming of Terrell Owens (without the baggage), and that would be pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom