At 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At 12

Charlie Rivers

SUPERBOWL BOUND!!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Who do you feel the Dolphins will select (if available) in the first round (12)?

the obvious one would be berry, but most likely wont be there. i would then say mcclain, but again likely wont be there. i then think we trade down, even if bryant is still there. id rather have a later 1st and another pick than take a chance on a reciever.

There is a spot for this kinda post......its called the DRAFT LOUNGE. Now that is out of the way. I say we trade down and pick up another pick in the 2nd round.

Do what it takes to move up for Eric Berry. A great all-around Safety will be a PREMIUM position in the next decade as the NFL higher-ups want the NFL to become even more of a passing league.

Eric Berry has the potential to be the best safety who ever played the game.

The Saints add Safety Darren Sharper last off season.. All of a sudden their defense improves immensely and they win the Super Bowl.

Ed Reed means a hell of a lot to that Ravens defense.. When QB's go into a stadium to face Ed Reed, believe you me, they fear the guy.. And all it takes is a tenth of a second of hesitation from a QB and Ed Reed owns you and your team.. It's over.

Polamalu goes down with injury this past season, and the great Steelers defense resembled the crappy Dolphins defense we have cried over the past 8 months... when Polamalu went down the Steelers D looked like melted Steel... they got TOTALLY torched!!!! THAT is NO Coincidence !!

Ronnie Lott won 4 super bowls with the 49ers.. A STAPLE of their defense and one of only 4 players who played on those 4 super bowl teams while Montana was there.. Ronnie Lott, an 8-time First-Team All Pro, and 10-time Pro Bowler.. A total leader and champion. Eric Berry can mean that to our defense.

Brian Dawkins goes to the Broncos last year.. All of a sudden he plays awesome at safety trying to prove the Eagles made a mistake, and the Broncos go to the 8th best defense in the NFL after being ranked 27th the year before.. I know they added Mike Nolan, but Dawkins was the lynchpin of that defense when you listen to Broncos players.

The Colts defense looked like total crap 4 years ago during the regular season while Bob Sanders was out hurt... They ranked in the 20's in defense and dead last in run defense... Sanders, a Pro Bowl safety, comes back for the playoffs, and the Colts look like juggernauts defensively... and they go on to win the Super Bowl soon afterwards.

I can go on and on and on.. I only gave a few examples.. But I am telling you, having a COMPLETE safety with great range means A LOT to a defense and it's success... especially the way the NFL is going, becoming more and more of a passing league..

Eric Berry is my #1 on my board... adding him is like adding 3 great players to your defense.... that's how influential a GENERATIONAL safety like an Eric Berry is to your defense.

You do what it takes to trade up, and add a GENERATIONAL talent like Eric Berry at safety to your defense over the next 10+ years... ask questions later.. But you do it.

End of story.

1st tier: Eric Berry, Dez Bryant
2nd tier: Earl Thomas, Brandon Graham, Jerry Hughes, E. Griffen
3rd tier: Jared Odrick, D. Morgan

Note:

The 1st tier picks are two of the top three or four players in the draft, and they fill positions of need. I have all the 2nd tier prospects as players who are top-10 prospects or players who are right around that 10 spot. I don't rate the 3rd tier players lower than the 2nd tier because I think they're lesser prospects; I just don't see them as fitting in with positions of need at the same level as the 2nd tier players.

Also, GB had some nice things to say about E. Griffen in another post. But, as SOLB, Griffen would only rush the QB about half the time, and I think he'll be a good pass rusher in the NFL - just not at the level of Graham or Hughes. But, Griffen does some things that Graham and Hughes cannot.

I would say Berry, Bryant, Thomas, Graham, Griffen, Hughes, Kindle in that order.

If Eric Berry isn't #1 on Parcells' and Ireland's board... Allow me to go out on the street and shoot myself between my eyeballs while standing on the middle of the street. Because I can't fathom how they could possibly not have Eric Berry at NUMBER ONE on their board.

He fits every single criteria they look for in a player to the nth degree !

If they don't have him at #1 on their board, then I lost ALL trust I had in them... they can all go screw themselves in Davie... and it may just change me BIGTIME as a fan of the Miami Dolphins... because I have suffered enough.. as I believed this regime is the regime who can FINALLY get things right.... and have some common sense.

If not, I'll shoot myself...

Or I'll go out and shoot Something.

has to be berry.. but he will be long gone by our pick.. i would definatly trade up to get him.. i would love bryant or thomas.. but if we trade back and get some more picks i wouldnt complain..

Moving up to get Berry would be a dream come true. And I'm not a big fan of moving up in the draft. I'm not going to expect it though.

I would be pleased with Earl Thomas or Dez Bryant at 12.

But I'm going to continue to hope that the Dolphins pleasantly surprise me on the 22nd.

Back
Top Bottom