At #15 Dolphins in a tough spot | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

At #15 Dolphins in a tough spot

Finfanforever

Finfanforever
Reaction score
The Dolphins are in a tough spot at #15. The Fins need a QB, RB, and OL help. My opinion is that the Dolphins have indeed targeted four players: Mallett, Ingram, Ponder, and Pouncey. The Dolphins despartly want to trade down into the 20's, pick up a second and then take one of the four I mentioned...but what if they can't? Here's were they find themselves in a pickle. They HAVE TO get a QB in this draft...if they don't, the fan base will crucify this regime! So with that in mind...they either draft Mallett or Ponder at #15...or lose out completely until the 3rd round. This already a weak QB class...outside of Mallett, Gabbert, Newton, and Ponder...there just is no one that even has the remotest chance of challenging Henne. All of the QB starved teams are at the top of the draft order (except maybe Seattle). I am of the opinion that both Gabbert and Newton will be gone by #15. That means that what ever QB starved team does not pick a QB in round 1 will be looking to add that guy in the top half of round 2. This is why I say if Miami is stuck at 15... I fully expect the pick to be Mallett or Ponder.

Draft Mallet at #15 because he isn't making it beyond the Seahawks at #24. Getting a franchise QB should be made the priority, because RBs and especially o line can be found anywhere in the draft.

At o-line we really just need depth as our starting 5 when healthy is better than a lot of teams front 5. Rbs can not only be found anywhere in the draft, but there will be many viable options when FA finally starts. (and if it doesn't there isn't going to be a season anyway so getting one this offseason wouldn't really matter).

Everyone and their mother wants Mallett or Ponder at 15. There is a reason that our logo has a frowning dolphin: It's safer to expect Pouncey or a trade down for a bpa surprise pick, like a cornerback or D-lineman.

Everyone and their mother wants Mallett or Ponder at 15. There is a reason that our logo has a frowning dolphin: It's safer to expect Pouncey or a trade down for a bpa surprise pick, like a cornerback or D-lineman.

Hahaha this made me lol at work.

I would not put anything pass these guys. I d think there is tremendous pressure from the fan base to get another QB. I could see Ireland taking an OLB...at that point I will lose my beer and nachos!:puke:

I would not put anything pass these guys. I d think there is tremendous pressure from the fan base to get another QB. I could see Ireland taking an OLB...at that point I will lose my beer and nachos!:puke:

I agree, however I have to believe Ross made clear that another season like last year was unacceptable, staying the course with Henne is a bigger gamble to me than drafting a Mallett. He's capable of starting year one and if they hit paydirt this team could seriously contend in 2012

I think you are completely right that Ireland very well could take a OLB. It's too easy in the mind's eye to see him, post draft, saying the cliche (and completely incorrect) "You can never have too much pass rush in this league".

Again, I hate hearing that cliche because it is not true at all. "Too much pass rush" could leave other, bigger holes on the team unfilled.

I agree, however I have to believe Ross made clear that another season like last year was unacceptable, staying the course with Henne is a bigger gamble to me than drafting a Mallett. He's capable of starting year one and if they hit paydirt this team could seriously contend in 2012

I am banking on that! I seriously think that Ross has said "get me another QB"

I think you are completely right that Ireland very well could take a OLB. It's too easy in the mind's eye to see him, post draft, saying the cliche (and completely incorrect) "You can never have too much pass rush in this league".

Again, I hate hearing that cliche because it is not true at all. "Too much pass rush" could leave other, bigger holes on the team unfilled.

Yeah but they are sure spending a lot of time with Mallett!

yeah sure lets go after another 2nd tier QB and hope for different results....... who needs a running game anyways ?

Just because your doubting Henne, it doesnt mean your average college Qb is a better option.

I think you are spot on with your four guys. I agree it has to be a quarterback and I am hoping for Christian Ponder.

Back
Top Bottom