Atlanta Best Beware!!!

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by So Be, Sep 4, 2009.

1. So Be

So Be A True Fan

As of Sat, the gloves come off Tuna, Sparano, Henning, Pasq, Lee, and our other coaches. This may seem meaningless to some, all coaches are doing the same.

WRONG! These guys have over 100 frakin years of experiece, and new toys to play with. No one, no team, has a clue as to what they will do.

The unknown is the scariest thing in the world to face, and Atlanta will.

Hell, tee it up on Sunday. I'm already ready. LOL

2. EvilDylan

EvilDylan A True Fan Donator

We better beware the screen pass.

3. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Starter

It looked like we've never seen that play before!

4. Pinkboy

Pinkboy A True Fan

How do you know Miami will let everything in the bag out against Atlanta ?

It's a non division and a non conference game. Those games don't mean as much.

They could be saving things for later games, like they waited until week 3 against the Patriots last year.. Even though they worked on the Wildcat way before that in training camp.

5. KippyIA1354

KippyIA1354 Home of the ONE and ONLY PERFECT TEAM!

I think ol' HERM said it best!! "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!"

6. gota

gota Rookie

I'm disturbed by the number of fans that can't spell our coach's name.

7. Pinkboy

Pinkboy A True Fan

We have also heard our coaching staff putting a premium on division games.

They look at the division games as more important.

It's not a crazy idea to think they will be saving some plays for the divisional opponents.

8. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Starter

Every regular season game means something. And as far as the Wildcat, Sparano, was upset after our second loss and started talking to the coaching staff about a change. It just so happen to be that New England was our next game.

9. Pinkboy

Pinkboy A True Fan

I agree that every game is important.. And as a fan you want to believe that.

But by the same token the staff has constantly said how they put a premium on division games.. Haven't you been paying attention over the past year ?

Winning a division game is more important than winning an NFC game. Because you knock a loss on a division opponents record while adding a win for yours, and it helps tremendously with tie breaker scenarios.

Much more than an NFC game would.

Are you trying to tell me the game against Carolina this year will feel more important than the first game against the Patriots or Jets ?? Of course it wouldn't.. Because Division games have more significance as they have more ramifications on the big picture.

It's just the way it is.

10. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

The dolphins should just use their vanilla offense and keep any of the new wrinkles in our bag of tricks until we play a division team?
    There are no throw away games. The Atlanta game is a winnable game against an opponent with a weak defense. We will need this win because we have Indy and SD coming up next. Starting out 1-2, or 0-3 would not bode well for a repeat AFC east championship.I believe we should pull out all of the stops offensively in game #1. We will need to score more points than Atlanta...and atlanta in 2008 put up alot points.If history is an indicator, we will need probably 30+ points to win. I have not seen that kind of scoring yet from our team this season. We had better clean up our sloppy tackling ,poor decision making during DL stunts, and special teams tackling/ lanes or it wont matter anyways.
    I think we will and the Fins will win a close game 30-28

11. Pinkboy

Pinkboy A True Fan

Okay, now you're just being silly..

I never said NFC games weren't important.

I said what the coaches have said, that division games are put on a higher level of importance.

Why is that so hard for you to understand ?

If it bothers you so much, you should give a call to Tony Sparano.

12. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

***REMOVED*** All of the games are important, and we must try to win all of the games.
    It is just the way it is!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2009
  13. Pinkboy

Pinkboy A True Fan

No.. You are being silly as always. Like you were when you went to troll the Falcons board.

No one here can tell me with a straight face that they'd rather win against Carolina instead of beating the Patriots.

If you knew for a fact that Miami would only win one of those games, 1000 out of 1000 fans would pick beating the Patriots.

Of course Miami wants to win both games, but that is not the point... The point is which game is more important, and that's division games.

Again, go call Sparano because that's exactly what he said. And how he approaches things. Division games are more important, and have a higher level of importance than NFC games.

***REMOVED***

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2009
  14. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

Dont get testy young man. I was not trolling the Falcons board, I joined the board for some insight and trash talk with the falcon's fans. Am I allowed to do that Greyboy? Nice group of guys with good football sense.Why would you be a ninny and copy and paste my postings on Finheaven? Grow up man! We were talking about winning at Atlanta in the first game, weren't we? Nice technique. The importance of starting out the tough season schedule on a winning note? The fact that all of the games do carry equal weight?
    Yes, the division games are important and we can address those on game week. We want to win them all.
    Oh, do you have Sparano's phone number handy?

15. Pinkboy

Pinkboy A True Fan

You have a serious problem with reading comprehension.

16. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Apalled and aghast Donator

Sad but true.

17. Ricky_Fan34

Ricky_Fan34 Suns and Fins superfan

I'm agreeing with greyboy. Division games are way more important. It doesn't mean anything if you go 10-6 and lose every divisional games, because odds are, your divisional rivals got just as many if not more wins than you. It would be nice to beat Atlanta, but I wouldn't show teams everything. The element of surprise is a very good thing. We will use this to our advantage.

18. Dolphan5876

Dolphan5876 CrookedFin

Greyboy trying to pick a fight,,,,,,,,,,Again!!:crazy:
    :bump::bump::bump::bump:

19. LANGER72

LANGER72 A True Fan

My reading comprehension has never been a problem until I started responding to your comments. I am going outside to play football with my son and his friends. I am moving on. Feel free to continue without me.

20. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Starter

Let me give a little history lesson here. In 1989 the Bengals went 5 - 1 in the division. In the same year the Steeler went 1 - 5 in the division. Who went to the playoffs? The Steelers because they finished with a 9 - 7 record while the Bengals finished 8 - 8. Lesson ... All games are important.

21. So Be

So Be A True Fan

My "sincerest apologies." I have corrected the mistake. So, now everyone knows who I am talking about and can reply to the thread. Thanks. :)

22. So Be

So Be A True Fan

I do not know, and did not say they will. I do expect new things, which we did not do last season. How many will be based on what we need to win the game.

23. Ricky_Fan34

Sheer coincidence. We have the Patriots in our division who I expect to match us or even beat us out. Miami won the division last year because of: Conference games AND Divisional games. Had we beat the Cardinals rather than the Bills, Jets, or Patriots we would not have made the playoffs, the Patriots would have.

24. Pandarilla 72

Pandarilla 72 Well-Known Member

I think they will install the appropriate plays when they game plan for Atlanta. I think every week is going to be challenging from here on out. I also think they will break out the bag o' tricks early. The Falcon fans on that board think they should win this game, and if I were them I would think so too. Point being is that this game is a trap game for them, and I think it would be the perfect time for something nobody's seen (besides there's so many variations on any given formation that why not? plus it only adds to what the next team has to prepare for...again, why not?).

25. cowboy82nd

cowboy82nd Starter

What I'm trying to say is this .... Win every game you can. Just because it's not a division game we don't try new stuff, that's stupid. You play to win the game, division foe or not.

26. TheDon74

TheDon74 42.7% of all statistics are made up

Win or Lose I think the staff is gonna have these guys ready to ball.

27. Ricky_Fan34

Why would we let some never before seen plays out week 1. We don't even know if we will need them. I would much rather catch New England or New york by surprise with them, and beat them by a large margin over beating Atlanta and give New England weeks to watch film on the new plays.
    I understand where your coming from, but I just feel like it's more logical to go after divisional opponents with new gadget plays. Even the coaching staff has emphasized how important divisional games are to them. Beating Atlanta likely wouldn't help our cause in a tie breaker situation. If we were going to go 12-4, I'd want all for losses to be to the NFC South.

28. finman38

finman38 Well-Known Member

I agree, i think we will be ready, but i also think we are going to be in for a tough fight with them, trying to stop there high powered offense with our weak secondary we have. I hope we win, but i think we have regressed this year. I hope i'm wrong.