Atlanta - QB??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atlanta - QB???

Crash Jensen

F the Jets
Reaction score
Not sure why this dawned on me and I've never seen it discussed, but is it inconceivable that Atlanta would draft Quinn if he fell to 8??? First, Vick is on his last life in ATL and I'm not quite sure how he fits Petrino's offense vs. someone like Quinn (granted I haven't studied L'Ville's offense in depth). Plus, if they draft based on best player available vs. need, it's probable that Quinn is slightly higher than Landry. Lastly, Quinn could get a year on the sidelines under his belt to learn the offense while Vick sinks or swims, which leaves ATL with an insurance policy if Vick sinks and a SD-like situation if he swims.

Personnally, I don't see it happening and I'm one of the fools who thinks (and hopes) Quinn falls to Miami at 9, but I'd be curious to hear everyone's thoughts. If nothing else, this is a new topic for discussion.

Is it inconceivable? No. Atlanta did ship Shaub to Houston and signed Harrington. If Petrino doesn't think Vick is the long term answer, maybe just maybe, Quinn might be.

I can only go on what I've read at various websites but I doubt they would. I think Atlanta is getting behind Vick and giving him a really good shot at proving whether or not he can be their QB. I don't think they would want the distraction of a high pick sitting behind him. If this coming season doesn't go Vick's way, they might look into drafting a QB in 2008 but their actions suggest they'll not go that way this year. Then again, strange picks do happen. From the information I've read, it doesn't seem likely Quinn will last until the ninth and tenth picks anyway.

I think Atlanta takes one of three players, all on Defense. LaRon Landry, Omobi Okoye or Patrick Willis. They all fill a need for Atlanta.

Is it impossible, no. Highly unlikely? Yes

They are drafting Landry.

If Vick didnt fit they would have traded him. No way they draft qb on the first day at least.

The only way I could see this happening is if they moved Vick to say Oakland for the first pick, which if I was Atlanta Id do in a heartbeat.

nope they wont draft quinn. they have a guy call mike vick. i dont know if you have heard of him. and they also just picked up joey harrington. you dont draft a QB first round to be a backup to your franchise QB

nope they wont draft quinn. they have a guy call mike vick. i dont know if you have heard of him. and they also just picked up joey harrington. you dont draft a QB first round to be a backup to your franchise QB

unless of course you look at his body of work...less than stellar franchise stuff IMO....

Oh please. If Petrino wasn't going to put all his eggs in the Vick basket, he would never have gotten rid of Schaub. Couple that with the Vick's popularity in Atlanta, and should Petrino draft Quinn, he'd be the first head coach ever run out of town before his first preseason game.

It's very very unlikely that the Falcons draft Quinn. They have glaring needs on defense which has kept them from contending as well as issues at WR. If they even consider drafting a QB, it'll probably be in a later round.

Back
Top Bottom