Atlanta to trade with Detroit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Atlanta to trade with Detroit

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
FALCONS, LIONS TALKING TRADE
A source with knowledge of the situation tells us that the Lions and Falcons currently are discussing the possibility of a trade that would give Atlanta the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, and that would move Detroit down to No. 8.
If a deal gets done, however, be prepared for the Lions to get a better package than the trade chart would suggest. Given reports that Falcons owner Arthur Blank has ordered G.M. Rich McKay to "git 'r done", and in light of quarterback Mike Vick's currently unfolding legal entanglement, the Falcons are desperate (we believe) to get a player who has the appeal of Mike Vick, without the warts (or other bodily defects).
The Lions can name their price on this one, and they'd be wise to aim high.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

The draft is getting real crazy....​

You really need to word your thread titles more carefully. This is not a done deal.

You know whats real crazy about this draft?

I bet no trades happen whatsoever.

Every year you have all kinds of rumor of trade ups and trade downs BUT they very rarely happen. It's just a lot of smoke and mirrors. :lol:

Almost all the stuff you post never comes true man. And stop titling your threads like it's already happened. Just stop posting and believing every rumor out there.

after draft day its always funny to look back and read some of the rummors that were spread before the draft even happend, most likely this will be one of them

Actually, if during the next 2 days we find out that Vick has gotten himself into trouble that he can't wiggle out of this time Atlanta may do everything they can to move up to get Quinn

That's just a rumor but if it is true, it's likely Falcons are aiming for Calvin Johnson if he's passed on by the Raiders. And I wouldn't be surprised Millen screws it all up again. I can just imagine it: Lions trade 2nd overall pick for just the 8th overall pick and use it to select....QB Reggie Ball! :sidelol:

Whether this is even close to true or not, you had to see this coming. I said two weeks ago that Detroit would use Atlanta to gain leverage on Tampa Bay. It's a natural fit since Atlanta has multiple, early 2nd round picks and Johnson went to school there.

Part of me has thought that it would be a smart move by Atlanta even if they had to give up a bit more. Calvin Johnson is going to be huge. I am as excited to see him play in the NFL as I was to see Ed Reed. But it's not as though Atlanta is looking at some poor prospects with the #9 pick. I think Petrino would be ecstatic to get Okoye or Landry. From just a winning perspective, Jamaal Anderson gives you that replacement for Patrick Kerney (because lets face it, their defense was good when Kerney was a menace). But also, Petrino is going to want to bring back a more old school "pound it" run-style to the offense which is just what Levi Brown can offer.

Almost all the stuff you post never comes true man. And stop titling your threads like it's already happened. Just stop posting and believing every rumor out there.

Hey bud, he's posting to let us all in on a article he found. He's not writing them, he's doing us a favor. So if you don't like what he has to say, don't read it.

If I am Detroit I ask for their #1 this year (8th overall), a 2nd, a 3rd, and a #1next year. Since Atlanta has some extra 1st day picks giving up a 2nd and a
3rd is not a big deal, and they are probably looking at losing a #1 next year as really losing a 2nd round pick since it will probably be a late 1st round pick. The way Arthur Blank sees it(owner of the Falcons and former Home Depot big shot) it is a business decision, and to get a player like CJ at WR to open up the offense is a big deal. The other key thing is that CJ is from Atlanta (Ga Tech) which means more butts in the seats and more revenue.

If I am Detroit I ask for their #1 this year (8th overall), a 2nd, a 3rd, and a #1next year. Since Atlanta has some extra 1st day picks giving up a 2nd and a 3rd is not a big deal, and they are probably looking at losing a #1 next year as really losing a 2nd round pick since it will probably be a late 1st round pick. The way Arthur Blank sees it(owner of the Falcons and former Home Depot big shot) it is a business decision, and to get a player like CJ at WR to open up the offense is a big deal. The other key thing is that CJ is from Atlanta (Ga Tech) which means more butts in the seats and more revenue.

Exactly. Mike Vick (or anyone, for that matter) throwing to Johnson, Horn, and Crumpler . . . while also having that run game with Dunn and Norwood . . . well that's just potentially very nasty.

Back
Top Bottom