Attendance this upcoming season. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Attendance this upcoming season.

yes i do. attendance has sucked for about 2 or 3 years now realistically, when we reach the playoffs, then youll see the munbers getting better. Not to mention Wayne keeps raising ticket prices

i wouldn't expect attendance to be any better coming off of a 1-15 season.

there was at least some modest expectations of success heading into last season, and the Cowboy game you are talking about was only week 2. expect worse this year.

They'll draw in the mid 60,000's, most of which will come from games against the Jets and Bills and Patriots who's fans will invade South Florida. But can you blame fans in Miami for not showing up? This team has been a disgrace for the last four seasons.

i think it will be a lil better.. the team is more exiting than last. also depends on how we start

Yeh you're right about being bad but we should support them anyway. Well maybe they don't have any energy because their aren't anyone in the stands.

i've noticed how Dolphin Stadium hasn't sold out for the last few years,due to where i'm at,i'm unable to go to any games,but we still need to support our team regardless of how bad they're doing or good.

I think there will be more people simply because we will have a #1 pick, a #2 pick, and a #9 pick all on the same offense.

If you didn't wuite get that :
Jake Long (#1 overall in 2008)
Ronnie Brown (#2 overall 2006)
Ted Ginn (#9 overall 2007)

Because offense does sell the tickets

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i do. attendance has sucked for about 2 or 3 years now realistically, when we reach the playoffs, then youll see the munbers getting better. Not to mention Wayne keeps raising ticket prices

Increase in ticket prices aren't unique to South FL, it happens everywhere.

i've noticed how Dolphin Stadium hasn't sold out for the last few years,due to where i'm at,i'm unable to go to any games,but we still need to support our team regardless of how bad they're doing or good.

I support my team even when they aren't playing . . . . why do u think I am on this site lol

Just because I don't go to the games . . . . doesn't mean I dont support them. I try to make one game a year . . . . the ticket prices are incredible right now . . . and in the Hi Def age . . . . do u really think I would have a better time at the stadium. Maybe I would if the ticket prices were reasonable enough for me and some friends tailgate and then watch the game inside . . . but for me and 3 close friends to go to the game . . . . we would EASILY spend about 500 bucks between the 4 of us after food, beer, parking, tickets and transportation . . . for one Sunday afternoon.

If we stay home . . . we probably spend 50 bucks between the 4 of us . . . have BBQ on the grill . . . . 24 bottles of corona . . . hi def picture on a 52 inch screen with surround sound . . . . I mean I would LOVE to go to every home game . . . but it just isn't a smart move cost wise . . . not right now. I will continue to be a loyal fan from my house.

I mean the team has to start playing better if they wanna fill the stadium every week . . . . some people, the finances aren't a problem . . . but for the average person . . . its hard to justify spending so much to watch a 1-15 team. If I had the money, i would buy season tickets . . . and this is something I really want to consider doing in the future with some friends . . . but not now.

Just having the Tuna part of our organization will bring more people in, you will also notice this at the mini/training camps ( if any of you guys go) I go to them every year and i go to almost all and when we suck no one shows up, its the best to get autographs but when something big happens like we get a high profile player every one comes out. It happened when we got DC and for sure will happen now with Tuna

Just because I don't go to the games . . . . doesn't mean I dont support them. I try to make one game a year . . . . the ticket prices are incredible right now . . . and in the Hi Def age . . . . do u really think I would have a better time at the stadium. Maybe I would if the ticket prices were reasonable enough for me and some friends tailgate and then watch the game inside . . . but for me and 3 close friends to go to the game . . . . we would EASILY spend about 500 bucks between the 4 of us after food, beer, parking, tickets and transportation . . . for one Sunday afternoon.

If we stay home . . . we probably spend 50 bucks between the 4 of us . . . have BBQ on the grill . . . . 24 bottles of corona . . . hi def picture on a 52 inch screen with surround sound . . . . I mean I would LOVE to go to every home game . . . but it just isn't a smart move cost wise . . . not right now. I will continue to be a loyal fan from my house.

I mean the team has to start playing better if they wanna fill the stadium every week . . . . some people, the finances aren't a problem . . . but for the average person . . . its hard to justify spending so much to watch a 1-15 team. If I had the money, i would buy season tickets . . . and this is something I really want to consider doing in the future with some friends . . . but not now.

Sadly, I'm afraid that a lot of what you said is true. Given that I'm far enough away that I can't reasonably attend any games, it's all fine and dandy for me to sit here and say how embarassed I am every time I turn on a game to see the stadium either empty or filled with visiting fans, but since I'm not there to change that, there's not too much I can say.

I understand the idea that nobody wants to spend like $150 to go to a game and end up getting a worse view of the game than they would have had at home with their plasma. I think that's going to be an issue that more and more people are going to discover as ticket prices go up.

Where I've never been able to figure it out is the whole "I won't spend money to watch a 1-15 team" kind of thing. We have our own local team here and they have never had bad support as long as I can remember and even though we are current defending champions, we have had some pretty bad years. Nonetheless, always got support and always had that stadium packed with people. I will say that I legitimately feel sometimes like our fans just aren't as dedicated to their teams as others are.

Back
Top Bottom