Auction: The Pat Catello Collection | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Auction: The Pat Catello Collection

DoggPhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
A friend of mine collects autographs and he just received the Grey Flannel Auctions catalog for their September event. To my surprise a well known Dolphin collector and fellow fanatic Patrick Catello is placing for bid several unique and classic items. To see the full listing visit Grey Flannel Auction - The Patrick Catello Collection -- to see his Collection of rare Dolphins items (and others) including jerseys, uniform, helmet, and more. The full Auction will be held on September 9, 2006 and includes lots of NBA items as well.

Foremost among several Dolphin items up for BID is a Dan Marino Miami Dolphins Complete Game-Used & Autographed Uniform from 10/15/1993 which is also the game where Dan was injured and the final game at Cleveland's old Dog Pound. Starting bid is $5000 but expect this to fetch a premium interest from collectors. There is also an authentic game Helmet signed by all members of the championship 72 Team (pic below) and the game worn Dwight Stephenson Jersey is another highlight.

Tribute to a DolFan: Everyone please read the Introduction letter by Pat Catello explaining the history of these items, how he grew up in South Florida going to games and eventually got to meet Dan Marino himself. This is the stuff of legends and I think we can ALL relate to Pat's feelings as expressed here.

I thought I'd post this here - since these items are so unusual and interesting to all DolFans, not sure if The Exchange would be a better Forum as this is one-of-a-kind exclusive of interest to everyone not just ticket buyers. These items will be going for much higher than the opening bid but at least we can dream right? :)

clear.gif

Back
Top Bottom