Auto Linking to "virus checking" spam/spam sites when clicking on first unread post | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Auto Linking to "virus checking" spam/spam sites when clicking on first unread post

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Opening up a new tab.. and automatically beginning to scan my computer files.. for suspected virus (with no doubt bogus 1-877 "Microsoft Number" WTF? As I opened up another forum and don't experience this, seems to be some crap now imbedded in FH.. Tried rebooting but still same ****. Ever since some criminals have started taking over, locking down and holding computer systems for ransom, I've been quite cautious in general and leery of any interactive popups. On this one, so far so good, but i worry that I can't get that site closed fast enough/ This is very concerning to me... let alone as a supporter i should be seeing no ads or hijacks at all.

Only on the PC, not the androids. '

Update: now I'm getting a banner ticket site when clicking for the latest unread post in a thread. It's damn annoying! What gives?

Firefox and Chrome

Last edited by a moderator:
That's very strange. What browser are you using?

That's very strange. What browser are you using?

firefox primarily... but switched to chrome which I'm still on.. where it seems to have resolved itself. I'll check out FF later. Just ran a malwarebytes scan which detected nothing so who knows. But seeing a strange program automatically start scanning my hard drive w/o permission and another one representing themselves a comcast asking for personal information.. was disconcerting to say the least. Hopefully that's in rear view mirror now.....thx for your interest.

Opening up a new tab.. and automatically beginning to scan my computer files.. for suspected virus (with no doubt bogus 1-877 "Microsoft Number" WTF? As I opened up another forum and don't experience this, seems to be some crap now imbedded in FH.. Tried rebooting but still same ****. Ever since some criminals have started taking over, locking down and holding computer systems for ransom, I've been quite cautious in general and leery of any interactive popups. On this one, so far so good, but i worry that I can't get that site closed fast enough/ This is very concerning to me... let alone as a supporter i should be seeing no ads or hijacks at all.

Only on the PC, not the androids. '

Update: now I'm getting a banner ticket site when clicking for the latest unread post in a thread. It's damn annoying! What gives?

Firefox and Chrome

Seconded. Though it hasnt happened nearly as often as the virus-update problem i brought up in private a few days ago.

Chrome for myself as well.

I've been using Chrome for about six months on my PC and I have never had any issues with the site other than lagging.

Just a suggestion. Last summer i had a similar problem and I was using chrome. Turned out some spyware had changed my browser setting to some other site not Google. Go into settings at the right top and then into manage search engines. If you see anything funky there delete it. The only engine there should be Google or Bing if you want.
You may have a different issue but that was mine.

Back
Top Bottom