Awful knee injury for Marcus Lattimore | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Awful knee injury for Marcus Lattimore

CO-Gator

They all float down here.
Club Member
Reaction score
There will be a .Gif of it before very long and it is ugly. Like Willis McGahee/Tyrone Prothro bad.

EDIT: here it is. Legs aren't supposed to bend that way.

c59073dd08e15516785c79e230d7da20_large-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be a .Gif of it before very long and it is ugly. Like Willis McGahee/Tyrone Prothro bad.

EDIT: here it is. Legs aren't supposed to bend that way.

c59073dd08e15516785c79e230d7da20_large-1.jpg

I was at the game today. It was gruesome. VERY somber inside the stadium. Marcus is a GREAT kid but he can't catch a break

Word on the Twitterverse is that he tore all four ligaments and dislocated his kneecap which could be seen pretty clearly. That's pretty terrible. I hope he can come back and play again, but I don't know now. That sounds catastrophic.

That is really a tough break for this kid. My prayers go out to him and hopefully he will recover and make it back on the field.

This is the second worst knee injury I've ever seen, after Napoleon McCollum (sp?) from the Raiders. This one is the only one that has actually shown a football players knee after the injury (meaning with his pads/pants pulled up and the way his knee looks is just unbelievable. Also his leg is clearly crooked on the ground.

If his injury is anything like McCollum's, not only might he not play football again, he might have trouble with just about anything. An injury that bad is catastrophic not just in football terms.

I know Robert Edwards suffered something similar playing beach volleyball and was at risk of amputation, but came back and played for us a little bit during Ricky's dream season. Who knows what'll happen.

Yeah I saw it, they should make tackling below the knees or cut tackling illegal.

It's sad to see a young players life forever change with 1 hit.

d-1

I am a game****s fan and have had the privilege of watching him play over the last few years... it is heart breaking injury for him, especially since he is not only a great player but from those around him a great person. As far as reports to what the injury is, it is all speculation at this time, MRI will be done over the next few days once swelling is down enough for them to be able to see the extent of the injury. It looks bad, but here is praying that it looked worse then what it is and he has a speedy and successful recover.

Back
Top Bottom