Back-to-back AFC East losses and upcoming schedule mean no playoffs for Dolphins

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by BAMAPHIN 22, Oct 6, 2010.

1. BAMAPHIN 22

BAMAPHIN 22 FinHeaven Elite

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports...st-losses-and-955696.html?cxtype=rss_dolphins

2. WISfinfan13

WISfinfan13 Enter at your own risk...

Booooooooooooooooo! Gotta keep the faith. And take it one week at a time. We are only 1/4 of the way through the season!!

3. SA_BUTTA

SA_BUTTA Seasoned Veteran

We still get to play them again this year...Its too early to start saying that we are going to miss the playoffs. Anything can happen...Noone thought we would win the AFC east after the 1-15 season, but we did it...

4. PerfectFinz72

PerfectFinz72 Pro Bowler

Its laughable that anyone can say we are out of the playoff race already. We swept the Jets last year and they made the playoffs...we didn't. Last year we started 0-3 and looked pretty bad yet still managed to hang in the playoff race until the very end of the season.

You have to play out the season to see what happens. If we lose these next 4 games, then people can proclaim the season over. Until then, this article sucks.

5. SpaceMountain16

SpaceMountain16 Disgruntled Donator

Does this team really belong in the playoffs the way they have played this season? Who cares at this point. I'd rather spend the rest of this season weeding out the garbage on this team.

6. Akronfinfan36

Akronfinfan36 Please win another title before I die

I feel better now.:rolleyes2:

7. PerfectFinz72

PerfectFinz72 Pro Bowler

Last year started off like crap and they got their stuff together...enough to make a run to the playoffs. Even falling short, who cares. How could you possibly say thru 4 games whether or not they "belong" in the playoffs? If it worked that way the Chiefs are Super Bowl champions. Way, way, WAY too early to be calling it a season.

8. MadDog 88

MadDog 88 TANNERECTION!!!! Donator

[video=youtube;p3-eavMSBnk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3-eavMSBnk[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2010
  9. MarinePhinFan

MarinePhinFan Banned Hammered

This article blows. I love how he cherry picks to prove his point. I love his pointing out the 2-2 Dolphins history of playoff appreances! In five of the past nine seasons, a team that has started 2-2 or worse has advanced to the Super Bowl. And three of those clubs – 2001 New England (1-3), 2003 New England (2-2) and the 2007 New York Giants (2-2) – went on to win the Super Bowl.

10. CA Dolfan

CA Dolfan Dolphin fan since '72

I just want this team to start playing good mistake free football consistently.

11. -Miami Fan-

-Miami Fan- ReSpEcT tHe CoDe

If we start playing complete football games, then I'm confident we can finish 8-8 or 9-7. If we continue with the inconsistent play and roster churn, we will be destined for 5-11. It's pretty simple.

Honestly, if we go 5-11 this year, since accountability 'matters' with this team, then Sparano's *** better be on the first flight back to West Haven, CT!

12. Nublar7

Nublar7 Retired Finheaven VIP

We are 2-2, the season is far from over.

13. utahphinsfan

utahphinsfan Puck Fitzburgh

If this were a court of Law, your arguement would be tossed as it too speculative.

14. Bumpus

Bumpus Are you gonna drink that? Administrator Finheaven VIP

First and foremost, we've gotta get back to our smashmouth running attack.

Throwing the ball around all over the place is sexy, until you start throwing picks.

We are a ball-control running offense. If we get back to that, we'll be ok.

15. JiF

JiF Scout Team

Is Davis shushing his home crowd in your sig picture?

Thats just weird.

16. BigCityCat

BigCityCat Scout Team

The only people throwing themselves off of bridges are the people that expected too much out of this team. I'm getting exactly what I expected. Therfore I'm not worried about it. A team still in rebuilding mode not over the hump yet. The reason we are getting killed on special teams is because of our lack of depth. The idea of benching Henne is by people that are focused on winning now even though we would end up out of the playoffs with Pennington as well. Just keep developing Henne so he is ready to go next year. Get an idea whether we need to use a high draft pick on QB and please don't ignore nose tackle again next year.

17. roy_miami

roy_miami 2020 cant get here soon enough Donator

I've been saying all along that if we can somehow get to 4-4 by midseason we have a good shot at winning the division. People ned to keep that in perspective because 4-4 is going to feel terrible no matter how you slice it and if you looked at the schedule and expected better than 4-4 you were on crack. The good news is the second 8 games for us should be MUCH easier.

Now a 3-1 start would have been a nice cushion to get to 4-4 (It still would have been pretty tough) but its still very possible especially with the bye week helping to get some **** worked out and get our guys back healthy.

I'm writing off GB as a loss, Cincy could be a win and we should play both the Steelers and Ravens tough.

Keep the faith

18. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

Cincy just lost to Cleveland and Baltimore hasn't impressed me at all. Even the Packers are beatable with 2 weeks to prepare for them. The only game that scares me is the Steelers.

19. nerfball

nerfball A True Fan

it is a long season and we're only at the quarter pole. that said, I really can't say that I feel terribly confident about our chances to be a playoff team based on what I have seen thus far. Bottom line, this team is all over the place right now and its too inconsistent in all phases to be real contenders. Have we seen them put together a complete game yet? When its not the defense, its the special teams, then its the offense that looks off, they do not inspire a lot of confidence.

20. luduporcu

luduporcu Banned Hammered

The ONLY things holding MIAMI back are injuries and Special Teams.

Anyone who thought MIAMI'd be ok w/o C CROWDER must feel a little stupid right about now. He strikes me as being exactly what the "D" needs and a very good compliment to DANSBY. Let DANSBY (and maybe CARPENTER as a replacement for EDDS) handle coverage and TEs (along w/S SMITH, who has looked very solid covering TEs when he gets in). CROWDER's strength is RUN "D", and we sure could use some. As to JERRY, all of us know how much he's missed. The sooner he returns, the faster MIAMI can cut MURTHA, who appears to suck in every phase of the game.

As to S/Ts, what more needs be said than "look at this preseason and regular season to date"!. MIAMI's S/Ts have sucked ever since DUMBSTEDT fired WESTHOFF (best S/Ts Coach I've ever seen). Amazingly PIS has failed to fix the problem at all, i/m/o, and it has FINALLY hurt us in games that COUNT. They profess to consider S/Ts to be important. Yet, they leave a suck-a$$ S/Ts Coach-crony in, then replace him w/his Assistant, who obviously was also a part of the problem. IF MIAMI HAD THE JETS' OR VIKINGS' S/Ts, i/m/o we'd be 4-0, and we wouldn't be having this entire discussion. END OF STORY!

If MIAMI somehow stays healthy and fixes S/Ts, i/m/o the Playoffs are VERY possible. I'm not overly impressed w/some of the so-called "strong" teams on our schedule. But especially as to S/Ts, if the problem isn't fixed, MIAMI'll have trouble even beating the "weak sisters" on its schedule.

21. truthbtold

truthbtold Rookie

@ GB, @ Baltimore, Steelers at home ... NO SHOT.
    @ Cincy, Tenn at home ... 50/50

Welcome to the land of 3-6.

22. rainmaker1313

rainmaker1313 A True Fan Donator

I am willing to bet you we win one of those 3 games!!!
    $20??? GOT PAYPAL????