Baker Mayfield | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baker Mayfield

Carne Asada

there be no distractions for our team
Club Member
Reaction score
OK so, assuming we pick #8, which seems likely, Rosen and Darnold if he even comes out will be gone; I just don't see Gase taking Jackson, the QB remaining would be Mayfield. I just don't rate Allen there right now and I think he should go back AGAIN and actually prove it. If we trade down Mayfield will be gone. Would you pull the trigger at #8?

I've been telling myself that's not affordable but if we just invested everything in fixing the offense and getting it right we could just ignore the defense and take care of it next year when you are at least sure one of your units is Elite.

If Tannehill is successfull then we can give him two years to show his talents and to groom Baker but then you would have basically no choice but to trade Tannehill when you still can with one year left in his contract and start Mayfield in the 3rd year. No choice.

If medical doesn't check out or he becomes fragile or gets Cutler-esque happy feet then we move on to Mayfield.

I would go TE, RB, OG/C, OT, WR, OT the rest of the way AND keep Landry. F**k it.

A bunch of players suck on defense but we can do with the same DTs, resign Hayes for another year, get some FA LBs, CB is 'covered' although Howard kinda sucks right now, and we can just keep carrying Smith and Lucas at back up S.

Just do it. The team would at least be fun to watch.

10: R1P10

QB SAM DARNOLD
USC
42: R2P10

TE MARK ANDREWS
OKLAHOMA
74: R3P10

RB NICK CHUBB
GEORGIA
112: R4P10

G DAMIAN PRINCE
MARYLAND
132: R4P30

OT CASEY TUCKER
STANFORD
189: R6P10

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA
231: R7P9

OT IKE BOETTGER
IOWA
232: R7P10

EDGE CECE JEFFERSON
FLORIDA

Someone took Mayfield.

Last edited:
I love Baker Mayfield but I would waffle on this question just a little bit because his personality is so volatile, and because Miami has a guy in place already who showed he can succeed in Adam Gase's system. I keep seeing all year plays and situations where I know Tannehill would've done better.

I love Baker Mayfield but I would waffle on this question just a little bit because his personality is so volatile, and because Miami has a guy in place already who showed he can succeed in Adam Gase's system. I keep seeing all year plays and situations where I know Tannehill would've done better.

I agree but damn would I love to be the Chiefs ATM. If Smith goes down, even if they lose, their rookie QB is gaining experience and exposure.

Imagine getting Mayfield, Andrews, Austin Bryant at DE, Scarbrough, best available OL, best LB available, and BPA on the 7ths.

There is some Bret Favre to his game. I would certainly go there over Jackson at this point.

Mayfield has all day to throw the ball...I don’t see any special qualities to be picked that high

can you find me a throw Mayfield can make/has made that Jackson can't?

I will say this about Jackson, though. Watching him take off out of the pocket and get those chunk yards is really exciting. He reminds me a bit of Kaepernick in that he has a nice deep arm, but really needs work on other throws. Do we have the coaching staff to work out those issues? Maybe. I mean that has kind of been Gase's perceived strength.

Mayfield has all day to throw the ball...I don’t see any special qualities to be picked that high

I have seen him mocked in the 2nd/3rd round range, but I think he ends up in the 1st. Just look at all the teams that need starting quarterbacks, or whose backups when forced to play for an extended period of time stunk it up.

Any time a QB smashes records, you have to take him seriously, and Mayfield is doing that. His last two seasons have been two of the most efficient in the history of the game. To me, he's a more mobile, more prone to improvise, Drew Brees. His accuracy is outstanding. Brees and Wilson have big hands relative to their height, and that's the main concern with Mayfield. If his hands measure fine, he has the other things you want. If they don't, you have to knock him some.

Any time a QB smashes records, you have to take him seriously, and Mayfield is doing that. His last two seasons have been two of the most efficient in the history of the game. To me, he's a more mobile, more prone to improvise, Drew Brees. His accuracy is outstanding. Brees and Wilson have big hands relative to their height, and that's the main concern with Mayfield. If his hands measure fine, he has the other things you want. If they don't, you have to knock him some.

Who would you prefer Miami to take if the team decided to go the quarterback route? I think there could be four qb's in the top 10, but the big question is whether any of them will become elite.

My dark horse is Falk for the middle rounds.

I have Mayfield as the top-ranked QB, pending measurements. Later in the draft, I like Jake Browning, Riley Ferguson, and Logan Woodside. If Mayfield is off the board, and Darnold is still there in the 1st, I'd pull the trigger, but that seems like an unlikely scenario. Mayfield and Darnold are the only QB's I'd consider in the top 10 or 1st RD.

Back
Top Bottom