Baker wants to be a dolphin | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baker wants to be a dolphin

Sometimes in life you dont get what you want. I however really want Ryan Tannehill to b the QB of the Miami Dolphins. Hmmm looks like that first sentence doesn't apply to me.

What he should really wish for is to have an arm like RT.

But hey, some guys are worth top 10 picks and some arent.

QBs who win Heismans have no place in the NFL. Except Can Newton.

Take the kid and let him sit and learn a year or so. If tanne doesn't have great year next year you move on. It's crazy to pass on a guy with his passion and it factors. All the people who love laundry for being "the heart and soul" of offense should love the kids style. I would love to have a qb like that. If you're qb is playing with his hair on fire the team will follow

For the last time. WE ARE NOT DRAFTING A QB #11. Only way if Allen is there by a miracle. Otherwise it's not happening. Ryan Tannehill is our QB next 8 years.

For the last time. WE ARE NOT DRAFTING A QB #11. Only way if Allen is there by a miracle. Otherwise it's not happening. Ryan Tannehill is our QB next 8 years.

I think it's possible. It depends on who is available. If Josh Allen is there and Derwin James isn't, we might draft Josh Allen. If James is there and Allen isn't... well, we're going to have a lot of safeties.

Oh I see. So we would draft a qb if the guy you like is available? Not every fan on a message board wants Josh Allen. I'm sure plenty guys like Mayfield..all I have heard about Allen is he is inaccurate and played low competition. But has potential. I will take a kid who played in the biggest games and never backed down no matter who he was playing. Oh and produced and won the heisman

Yeah you completely missed the point

Riddle me this how come no 6 foot or under 4.7 even qb has been drafted top 10 since the nfl combine?

Cause the fail list on those types is through the roof
you think he runs a 4.7? just and observation or do you have a source (I assume you do). I mean as a pure passer he is right there with Rosen. Throwing lanes will be issue if he runs a slow 40. I get what you're saying though.

Out of the first round hopeful QBs, I think Rosen and Mayfield are the best fits for our offense. Darnold's got great leadership, intangibles and throws bullets but he's not as good pre-snap and in his progressions. My comps

Darnold-Palmer, great size, arm, leadership, smart but still a 2 read dump off QB who'll make mistakes reading coverage.

Rosen-Rodgers, even the personality thing. People used to say that about Rodgers. I remember Rodgers won the QB work out contest they do every year pre-draft and in his interview he was asked if there was anyone in particular he wanted to thank, he kissed his biceps and said 'I want to thank my great arm'. Honestly I hated him back then and apparently so did 20+ teams and even the Packers 'cause they did everything they could to keep him off the field, including drafting a QB in the 2nd two years after him, when he was yet to even start a game.

Mayfield- Brees, pretty obvious.

Allen-Roethlisberger, Roethlsberger struggled in college despite his great talents because he tried too hard to do everything in Mia Oh.

Jackson- Well there's been many strong armed running QBs but not to sound cliché, but he's the best I've seen since Vick.

Having said that, I'd have mixed feelings if we take him. I do like him a lot but IDK, I'd feel we're giving up on being competitive now and on Tannehill who I like too.

If Mayfield wants to be a Dolphins then all he has to do is be awful at the Senior Bowl and he'll be there in the 2nd round. Simple as that. I expect he has small hands (unlike Brees) and that will knock him down a bit along with his lack of height and average speed.

Drew Brees wasn’t drafted top 10 was he? And he came from a pro style offense

I think that tua kid for bama is more Drew Brees

I think after the height weight speed stuff is done baker and Roquan both will be there when miami picks at 11
Drew Brees wasn’t drafted top 10 was he? And he came from a pro style offense

I think that tua kid for bama is more Drew Brees

I think after the height weight speed stuff is done baker and Roquan both will be there when miami picks at 11
I watched Tua Tagovailoa during the Alabama spring game last year and came away very impressed with his skill set. Miami might get their chance to draft him in the 2020 NFL draft.

70% comp
11.5 yds att
43tds
6 int
And a aggressive mindset.
Yes please!!!!

Sometimes in life you dont get what you want. I however really want Ryan Tannehill to b the QB of the Miami Dolphins. Hmmm looks like that first sentence doesn't apply to me.

What he should really wish for is to have an arm like RT.

But hey, some guys are worth top 10 picks and some arent.

QBs who win Heismans have no place in the NFL. Except Can Newton.

And Mariota, Winston, Palmer, Testaverde, Flutie, Plunkett, and Staubach. A Heisman has nothing to do with success in the NFL.

People sure are touchy about QB discussions in the draft. ****iness about it is kinda weird too. I want Tannehill to succeed, but I also want a contingency plan in case he doesn't at this point. Or better yet, a young QB to groom behind him that we can potentially trade later or replace him with in case he gets too expensive.

There are more arguments for drafting a QB than against at this point, regardless of your feelings of Tannehill. No reason for getting all snarky about it.

Back
Top Bottom