Bama fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bama fans

phinfan33

Club Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, there's always next year to start another run with a new QB. Who does Saban have in the stable at QB?

David Cornwell, Cooper Bateman, Alec Morris, Luke Del Rio, Parker McLeod, Blake Sims, etc... basically a bunch of highly recruited 4 and 5 stars that have yet to take a meaningful snap. Except for Luke Del Rio, (Jack Del Rio's son) who chose to walk on at Alabama rather than accept a scholarship from schools like Oklahoma St.... and Blake Sims, who's currently McCarron's backup and essentially just runs the Wildcat in mop up duty.

There's a lot of competition to be had for the starting job next spring, but rest assured... the winner will be completely inexperienced. We'll just wait and see, although I think it'll be David Cornwell. He's the most talented passer.

they're too butt-hurt right now to respond. You might be waiting a while.

Perhaps not quite as butt-hurt as you must still be.

Otherwise, I'd suggest that you might have some irrelevant NFL team to torture yourself with, that resides somewhere in north Cuba with a queer whale on the side of their helmet, a clueless owner and coaching staff, leaderless lockerroom, turnover prone project at QB, and an utter disgrace at the GM position rather than be concerned with the timeliness of any responses regarding Bama questions.

You can't win 'em all. But you can come damn close if you're the Crimson Tide.

Looks like DolfanDave achieved "successful troll" status.

Also: "queer whale"? Save the carpal tunnel risk for something a bit wittier.

On topic: Saban doesn't need the top QB to win games. Just the smart one that won't lose them.

Perhaps not quite as butt-hurt as you must still be.

Otherwise, I'd suggest that you might have some irrelevant NFL team to torture yourself with, that resides somewhere in north Cuba with a queer whale on the side of their helmet, a clueless owner and coaching staff, leaderless lockerroom, turnover prone project at QB, and an utter disgrace at the GM position rather than be concerned with the timeliness of any responses regarding Bama questions
You can't win 'em all. But you can come damn close if you're the Crimson Tide.

Oh you sound Butthurt lmao! Roll t-I-G-E-R-S!!!!! damn close don't count cry baby!!! Lol, Fins have a better chance THIS YEAR to reach the Super Bowl as the mighty tide do making the championship game lmao!!! What a cry baby!

Looks like DolfanDave achieved "successful troll" status.

Also: "queer whale"? Save the carpal tunnel risk for something a bit wittier.

On topic: Saban doesn't need the top QB to win games. Just the smart one that won't lose them.

You thought the queer whale was an attempt to be witty? Hell, I haven't known what else to call it since the first time I saw it. Just what it looks like to me. Could be worse I reckon... and it probably will be by the time it's over with.

On topic, not only does Saban not need the top QB to win games.... Alabama doesn't need Saban to win games... or championships. We were doing that long before he got here. I suppose a lot of Bama Nation feels like I do, and will just be relieved when all this is over. Get back to the norm of winning a national title every 10 years or so. The losses are simply too crushing now.... the wins not enjoyable.... Just relief to have survived another week.

Everybody assumes that Saban is Alabama football... but he's not. I watched Alabama steamroll so called "dynasties" in national title games with a small town nobody country boy, tough as shoe leather at QB barely throwing for 50 yards in the game. Did it with smothering defense and a relentless ground game. Fresh on the memory like yesterday. That... is Alabama football. With or without Coach Saban.

Weird way for Alabama's threepeat to end, from all time dynasty to totally dependent on Duke within a few hours. Once Texas A&M lost to Missouri, Alabama's only path is for both Florida State and Ohio State to lose next week.

That's the way these things tend to shake out. The Canes in 2002 lost out on a second straight title when Ohio State got away with a blatant offensive interference on 4th and 14 in overtime, a few plays before the famous late interference call on Glenn Sharpe. Then in 2005 USC's reserve defensive back Ryan Ting could have picked off Vince Young to all but end the Rose Bowl and secure USC's third straight title, but Ting somehow brainstormed to bat down the ball.

Alabama was vulnerable this year. They've been allowing roughly 6.5 yards per pass attempt. Only Auburn in 2010 among the national champs of the past dozen or more years has been in that neighborhood. Once you are in the 6.5 range, it means your defense as a whole is shaky. LSU and Texas A&M each had more than 10 yards per attempt against the Tide. It was going to be a very unfavorable matchup against Florida State, which leads the nation at 5.0 yards per attempt allowed. For reference purposes, the 2011 Alabama defense surrendered a phenomenal 4.3 yards per attempt. Last year was good at 6.1.

As much as I appreciate Alabama's style, I can't be sorry for them considering how unbelievably fortunate they were in 2011 and 2012, losing at home in November in both seasons yet wiggling back into the title game.

The defense as a whole isn't shaky, that's quite a stretch. They've been shaky on the road against good teams that had two weeks to prepare like aTm and Auburn... but the defense has been off the charts at home this year.

0, 17, 10, 0, 3, 0, and 6 is what Alabama has allowed to put up on the board as far as points in Bryant-Denny Stadium this year. Gave up 10 points to Virginia Tech at a neutral site to open the season.

However, as I've said from the beginning of the season, this is the poorest group of CB's I can ever remember seeing at Alabama. There's no excuse for having CB's this poor at Alabama. Made up mostly of JUCO's and freshman. If not for the safeties being so good, it'd be even worse.

Florida St.'s receivers would've been a tough matchup, but I think Bama would've fared better against Florida St. than they did against Auburn or Texas A&M. Gus Malzahn's offense is difficult to prepare for. The backfield action is too much for a defense to keep their eyes on every snap when you're weak on the perimeter like Bama was this year.

But Florida St.'s offense is much more conventional. They would've had to "out-Alabama" Alabama... and do what Alabama does better than Alabama does it. That ain't easy. I don't think Florida St.'s undersized front 7 on defense is a favorable matchup for them against Alabama's offense. They let Boston College put 34 points on 'em.... Miami ran the football at will until Duke Johnson got hurt. I don't think Florida St. or anybody else can "out-Alabama" Alabama. You better have something else up your sleeve.... an uptempo attack that stresses Bama's ability to substitute on defense. Something they're not used to preparing for.

Give Saban and Alabama 5 weeks to prepare for Florida St. or the Denver Broncos and I like my chances.

We can talk about these matchups and what-ifs all day... but it don't look like it matters now. I'm still waiting to see the false start on #77 that the refs called after Foster made that 28 yard field goal that would've won the game.

The defense as a whole isn't shaky, that's quite a stretch. They've been shaky on the road against good teams that had two weeks to prepare like aTm and Auburn... but the defense has been off the charts at home this year.

0, 17, 10, 0, 3, 0, and 6 is what Alabama has allowed to put up on the board as far as points in Bryant-Denny Stadium this year. Gave up 10 points to Virginia Tech at a neutral site to open the season.

However, as I've said from the beginning of the season, this is the poorest group of CB's I can ever remember seeing at Alabama. There's no excuse for having CB's this poor at Alabama. Made up mostly of JUCO's and freshman. If not for the safeties being so good, it'd be even worse.

Florida St.'s receivers would've been a tough matchup, but I think Bama would've fared better against Florida St. than they did against Auburn or Texas A&M. Gus Malzahn's offense is difficult to prepare for. The backfield action is too much for a defense to keep their eyes on every snap when you're weak on the perimeter like Bama was this year.

But Florida St.'s offense is much more conventional. They would've had to "out-Alabama" Alabama... and do what Alabama does better than Alabama does it. That ain't easy. I don't think Florida St.'s undersized front 7 on defense is a favorable matchup for them against Alabama's offense. They let Boston College put 34 points on 'em.... Miami ran the football at will until Duke Johnson got hurt. I don't think Florida St. or anybody else can "out-Alabama" Alabama. You better have something else up your sleeve.... an uptempo attack that stresses Bama's ability to substitute on defense. Something they're not used to preparing for.

Give Saban and Alabama 5 weeks to prepare for Florida St. or the Denver Broncos and I like my chances.

We can talk about these matchups and what-ifs all day... but it don't look like it matters now. I'm still waiting to see the false start on #77 that the refs called after Foster made that 28 yard field goal that would've won the game.

Its all total BS dude and one of the big reasons college football makes me pull my hair out.

Fact is, Alabama is STILL the best team in the country and a lot of people know it. Yet, they wont have a shot to play for the title because they lost ONE game on the road vs a tough SEC opponent in a grudge match on the road in the last second.

If Auburn had not greased out that win vs. Georgia none of this would matter. Alabama would still be playing next week vs. Mizzou and the winner of that game would face Florida St as Mich St will take care of Ohio St.

Ohio St is a joke and everyone knows it. They have played absolutely nobody this year and still managed to barely escape defeat. As hard as Urban Meyer cheats, you would think he would get better players.

Fact is the top 6 teams in the SEC(bama, Missouri, A&M, LSU, Auburn, S.C) are all top 10 teams whether they are ranked there or not. Hell, Georgia with Murray is right there as well. When you go through a schedule with a handful of those teams on it, its very difficult to go undefeated. Yet, thats seems to be all that matters to some people, going undefeated. Go without being beaten, dosent matter who you play, and you get into the title game. Northern Illinois has as good of a claim as Ohio St to play in the title game.

Think of this...... the Pac 12 is a decent league. Its clearly the 2nd best conference. There are 4 or 5 good teams in that league and top to bottom its pretty solid. The teams outside of the top teams are competitive. Thats why those teams at the top have managed to lose a couple of games.

Now consider how much better the SEC is than the Pac 12. Yet, the Pac 12 is that much better if not more than whoever the 3rd best league is. The ACC, Big 12, and Big 10 are a complete joke. Outside of Florida St, there isnt a true top 10 team left in those 3 leagues. I think Mich St beats Ohio St and they could be a top 15 team. A team like Clemson who only lost in the ACC to Florida St is not even as good as Ole Miss or Miss St. Thats how much better the SEC is than all of these other leagues.

If this little oddity breaks the string of SEC national championships its a joke. I think Missouri or Auburn beats Florida St although we all know Bama would have the better chance. Under next years format, Bama is in the 4 team playoff and wins it all.

Once next years format takes place, one or two SEC teams will be in that little playoff every year, which of course all but guarantees the SEC takes the championship. I would hate to see the string broken this year only because an SEC team dosent get a chance to play in the game while 2 teams who beat nobody all year get in the game based off being undefeated. Ohio St would have at least 4 losses in the SEC.

Well if we're talking about queer whales, what the hell is that abortion on AJ McCarron's chest? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom