'Bamas Ingram says knee is 100 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'Bamas Ingram says knee is 100

He would be a hell of a consolation prize if somebody takes Mallet before we can.

There seems to be some real talent that meets our team's need at this pick. I wish I had faith in our front office to actually select it...

On Gruden's show with Auburn's Nick Fairley, Gruden was showing a great "hustle" play by an Auburn lineman against Alabama. The play had Ingram running free to the endzone from about 40 yards out and he was chased down and stripped of the ball by the time he reached the 20 by said defensive lineman.

Granted I don't know if that lineman runs a 4:40 or not but Ingrams lack of speed really bothers me.

Since when is the best RB in any draft not worth at least the 15th pick? I would love to have him in Miami, but I think that either the Giants, Pats or maybe the Pack will want to trade up for him.

edit, the last 1st round RB not taken before the 15th pick was Steven jackson in 2004. he is still working out pretty well....

Last edited by a moderator:
just looking at past drafts, and I know hindsight is brilliant, but the past drafts, RB's taken before 15...

2010 - Spillar & Matthews
2009 - Moreno
2008 - McFadden & Jonathon Stewart
2007 - Peterson & Lynch
2006 - Bush
2005 - Ronnie Brown, Benson, Williams
2004 - None, but Steven Jackson went at 24
2003 - again none, but Willis McGhee & larry Johnson went at 23/24
2002 - William Green & TJ Duckett went at 26/28
2001 - LT at 5.

Now, out of all of them, only LT, Steven Jackson, & AP have had so far stellar careers. A few have had solid careers, but if ingram is not at least equal to most of them at the end of his college career, then I give in....

At 15, he would be a terrific pick.

On Gruden's show with Auburn's Nick Fairley, Gruden was showing a great "hustle" play by an Auburn lineman against Alabama. The play had Ingram running free to the endzone from about 40 yards out and he was chased down and stripped of the ball by the time he reached the 20 by said defensive lineman.

Granted I don't know if that lineman runs a 4:40 or not but Ingrams lack of speed really bothers me.

Actually what happened was Ingram was outrunning both Neiko Thorpe (who's a 4.4 cornerback) and the defensive end you're referring to (Antoine Carter) until safety Zac Etheridge who had the obvious angle, came across the field and had a clean shot at Ingram... who made Etheridge miss, which caused Ingram to begin stumbling and lose his balance... which is what allowed Carter to catch up to him from behind. Ingram doesn't fumble that football either if he's not on skates... that was just a nice play by Carter to reach around and try to punch that ball out...

The play is at the (2:00) minute mark here..
[video=youtube;tgJ-8jJWCxA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgJ-8jJWCxA&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
saban on path to the draft the other night "we've had a lot of really good running backs thru the years and mark ingram is the best"

and yep...that includes current bama rb and future 1st round pick trent richardson

McGahee's knee was destroyed and he was taken 23rd overall.

From Wiki: "Prior to his knee injury in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, McGahee was considered "a cinch top-five pick." Because McGahee's knee injury was still a major concern to professional scouts, the Buffalo Bills drafted McGahee as the 23rd overall selection of the 2003 NFL Draft."

Back
Top Bottom