Barnwell's offseason report cards on Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barnwell's offseason report cards on Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Jets

Barnwell's a Clown and a Pat's fan...IMO we did good this offseason...We only need to get one more player signed as far as I'm concerned and that's Landry...When I read this crap this morning I thought to myself I can add this clown to the list of people that can kiss my ass..

Last edited by a moderator:
They are right about the money. We overpaid everyone. We overpaid on every single contract.

Compare that to...uh...another NFL team who manages to underpay players. We need to get tougher on making deals but also we need to win more and win Championships so more players will want to play for us instead of just wanting to get paid to play for us.

Who exactly is this assclown - and why is he still there while Ed Werder and Andy Katz have been pink slipped?

That seems really harsh. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, though, and it's just one person's thoughts on the offseason.

I think most here think Miami had a good offseason. The one complaint I've heard the most is in regard to the Branch contract. That still seems a bit high to me. Maybe someone with more knowledge of the cap can chime in on where the Dolphins are heading into next season. This writer made it sound pretty bleak and I didn't get that impression from the moves.

How did that write up lead to a D+ and the Jets one garner a C+? It's like he didn't understand what he was writing. The main negative was overpaying (can't say I disagree) but everything else was kind of meh. I don't get the grade unless he thinks a couple risky contracts are gonna send this team spiraling into oblivion, which is unlikely. The offensive line is the most likely culprit for that ... he mentioned it instead of focusing on it.

Confusingly bad piece.

All you need to know is it's ESPN, and the off-season report is done from one of their Pats loving writers.

Why does Miami score lower then everyone in the AFC East? Maybe because all of a sudden Miami might be breathing down the Patriots neck.

-Tannehill has taken the next leap to becoming a franchise QB.

-Miami not only has by far the best young RB in the AFC east, it could have one of the best in the NFL.

-Miami might have found the next young superstar HC to take them to victory for year to come.

-Miami receiving group is easily the best in the East, and one of the best in the NFL.

-Miami's O-line made some positive strides, especially when Pouncey was healthy, now we have an aggressive OG who could fix another problem.

-Our Achilles heal was our defense, so we went hard on defense in FA, and the Draft with some very good talent.

Though it is pretty obvious Miami has a ways to go to reach the Pats, if all of those thing up there are even remotely close to continuing to be on the positive side, then I understand why those Pats Fanatics at ESPN would try their best to bring down what Miami has done...it's getting a tad scary in bean town.

That's a very sophomoric article. He has a little knowledge and manages to misuse it. Comparing Landry to Tavon Austin is true high comedy. Austin's comparable is Jakeem Grant, not Jarvis Landry. Landry has HUGE hands and is a great catcher of the ball. Yes, Landry is quick, but nowhere near as quick as Austin, who is a tiny guy with tiny hands and zero physicality. Plus, while size is one of Landry's strengths, it is the defining negative for Austin. While Austin's defining strength is truly blazing speed, that is the biggest negative that Landry has is his speed. It would be hard to find someone less equivalent to Landry than Tavon Austin. That just shows you that the author has no clue who Jarvis Landry is or what his game is ... he just knows he plays the slot.

If you read his article ... you wouldn't expect the grade he gives either. IMHO, he does that for shock value .. those sorts of things tend to generate hits on the website. With everyone giving out good grades, to harsh on a team incites their fans (which means more clicks) and creates a stark contrast with the teams to whom you gave better grades (which means more clicks from those other teams' fans). It creates the illusion that the other grades are earned. Hack writer writes more hack stuff.

They are right about the money. We overpaid everyone. We overpaid on every single contract.

Compare that to...uh...another NFL team who manages to underpay players. We need to get tougher on making deals but also we need to win more and win Championships so more players will want to play for us instead of just wanting to get paid to play for us.
without knowing the contract details, and how the money is spread out, I think it's hard for me to bag on the dolphins for overpaying for some players. However, I know for a fact Kenny Stills took less to stay here, and by a good amount. Tannehill, while some lament about his contract, took less to stay here also.

without knowing the contract details, and how the money is spread out, I think it's hard for me to bag on the dolphins for overpaying for some players. However, I know for a fact Kenny Stills took less to stay here, and by a good amount. Tannehill, while some lament about his contract, took less to stay here also.

I would agree with that. I think the contracts signed this offseason were reasonable market value and not too heavy on future year guaranteed money. We did not overpay for a big name and kept or brought in good value talent.

At least he had a good editor and didn't confuse Harris with Hayes ...

Yes we spent some extra money this year, compared to last year when we let our free agents walk and spent most of our money on street guys. A mistake IMO. We did it right this year just over spent a bit which if we continue winning will help as players in many cases take less to play for a winning club. Plus the message is clear you play well we take care of our own.

Back
Top Bottom