Barry Jackson 7/11/13 : Lamar Miller turning heads as Gore mentors | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson 7/11/13 : Lamar Miller turning heads as Gore mentors

Yes I am manly enough to admit.... goosebumps!! Football is coming!!! Cant wait!!!!!!!!!!

It's so tempting to say "let's wait and see" when you have potential breakout guys like Miller. But if you go back and watch his snaps from last year - the vision, the feet, the cutback ability at the line of scrimmage, his "narrowness" when he hits the hole, the acceleration when he plants his foot, the downfield elusiveness - it's impossible for me to just take the conservative view that he's proven nothing so far.

Factor in the supposed added strength, speed and understanding of the playbook - together with the influence of Gore - it's kind of mindblowing what this kid might do. The idea his footwork is BETTER than it was is frankly scary. Health is always the concern for a runningback, but history tells us that injury record (good or bad) doesn't guarantee future health.

This kid's ability is way too exciting to file him in the "pending" tray. I foresee a very special run game this coming season.

matt moore said it best...more north south than reggie...exactly what you want in this scheme...scary if he's gotten even more explosive laterally...scary

big year from this kid barring injury coming...

For all the talk about Miller's talent, it's his work ethic and relatively humble attitude that will make him truly special. He has been like this since high school. The only thing that could hold him back is injuries.

all the talent in the world won't matter to philbin though if he doesn't know all the checks and his responsibilities when tannehill goes to something else presnap...he says he knows the offense now...i sure hope he does...

or it will be a short stay in the drivers seat...i think we're getting a 1200 plus yard double digit td season out of miller this year...i trust he knows his assignments but it won't take long to find out

There's a lot of hype that I'm not inclined to buy into. The Lamar Miller hype is an exception. That was an inspired draft decision, IMO.

i buy the tannehill and lamar miller hype...i want to buy the grimes hype...i don't buy the armon binns brandon gibson and dustin keller hype...

I didn't even know there WAS Dustin Keller hype.

Ryan Tannehill I like but I'm not hearing anything that makes me think he's going to be leaps and bounds better in his second year. I think it will be a smoother, steady progression. I don't expect a 90+ passer rating this year, for example.

CK I have to agree with you here. I have to buy a lot of the Miller hype as it makes sense to me. You watch him last year and he looks the same as he did in UM. clinton Portis/ E James ish to me. So you have to believe the hype is right. My concern with Miller is the injuries from College. Hopefully he has his body healed and conditioned for the long run. I also HOPE one of the other backs step up their game to give Miller a needed rest. I see him as a 1100 yard 8-10 TD 300yard reieving back.

Ha true. But there's a bunch of 2s and 3s I'm looking forward to see. Is jamar Taylor supposed to be back by the start of training camp?

i sure hope so...yeah preseason games are good tape to evaluate the unknowns and unprovens...i try not to pay much attention to the guys i know are players already...focus on the pups and the camp bodies that earn a spot

Back
Top Bottom