Barry Jackson adds his depressing take on past picks of the dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson adds his depressing take on past picks of the dolphins

Lots of truth here I just got through posting it the coaching and GMs that keep you back to the playoffs not just the QB. So point proved.

Look at our misses in the first round as well, you can go back about 20 years and look at all of our first round picks and only a handful were good players.

Unfortunately that's a primary reason Miami hasn't been relevant in about 20 years.

But you notice the three spots where the Dolphins have discovered no longterm talent in the later rounds of the draft this past decade?
Quarterback, tight end and offensive line.
And certainly, a case could be made for the Dolphins to address any of those positions in the first three rounds of April’s draft, along with linebacker – which some Dolphins people consider their biggest need.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article196050729.html

To be blunt about it, the Dolphins always draft players about 1 round too high. So many second round talents in the 1st. Charles Harris?

They want cheap AND good, and they think they can get it long-term by overdrafting marginal guys. That is why we have so many 2-4 year busts.

I can practically GUARANTEE you that our 1st round pick this year will be a guy who we pick 10-20 slots ahead of where any other teams had him on their board.

The Pats Oline doesn’t get called for holding because the officials turn a blind eye.

I posted this in the other thread. We always draft guys 10-20 slots ahead of where other teams have them on their boards.

I wish just ONCE we would pick a #1 or #2 rated player at ANY given position.

Our mediocre middle-of-round picks have a lot to do with that.

24 offensive holding penalties
21 at home the most of any NFL team
3 on the road tied for the least on the road

What's up with that?

I posted this in the other thread. We always draft guys 10-20 slots ahead of where other teams have them on their boards.

I wish just ONCE we would pick a #1 or #2 rated player at ANY given position.

Our mediocre middle-of-round picks have a lot to do with that.
Jake Long and Ronnie Brown. LOL

I was watching Ertz and Burton for Philly,and between OLine and TE, Miami just can't get it right. I don't get why a team just can't find any offensive weapons or horses AT ALL.

I think our HCs besides Shula and Jimmy have been disappointing and this has a lot to do with it. Gase seems to be a long term fixture here, hopefully we can come out of this slump and make good decisions for once.
Note: Changing HCs every few years is a disservice to this team and fan base.

I won’t be reminded.

Ain’t watching it. Would like to see the Eagles get their first SB, but the NFL and the refs won’t allow that. Mustn’t choke the golden goose.

Back
Top Bottom