Barry Jackson Dolphins Buzz | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Dolphins Buzz

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Marques Douglas said the Dolphins assured him he will get significant playing time in a rotation at defensive end, and Douglas said he's expecting to start. But his competition, first-rounder Jared Odrick, opened camp with the first team. ``I led the NFL in tackles for defensive ends [with the Jets] last year,'' Douglas said. ``I think I'm the best.'' The Dolphins believe recent pickups Douglas and Charles Grant can help against the run, but Pro Football Focus rated Grant's 2009 play as second-worst among 73 defensive ends in a 4-3 defense.

Chad Pennington said his accuracy on deep balls isn't yet what it was before last September's shoulder injury, but there's little doubt he will be ready to step in if Chad Henne is injured . . . Biggest change with Henne? ``He's finding ways to soften'' his velocity ``when needed,'' Davone Bess said. . . . After past issues with conditioning, Paul Soliai lost 12 pounds, reported in shape (345) and has looked good.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/07/...n-battles-are-taking-shape.html#ixzz0vKF0WUEv

Biggest info of that I think is Henne learning to not throw the ball hard every time. It gets tough when you have to adjust to the throw and it's STEAMING at you. Now this will save our receivers a few broken fingers/bad jams.

Biggest info of that I think is Henne learning to not throw the ball hard every time. It gets tough when you have to adjust to the throw and it's STEAMING at you. Now this will save our receivers a few broken fingers/bad jams.
It is important that Henne is learning not to throw hard. I bet the receivers are very happy he is doing this.

I think its important Soliai reported in shape and looks good.

We need depth on the D-Line.

Back
Top Bottom