Barry Jackson: Notes and Quotes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson: Notes and Quotes

"The Dolphins know they must make at least one high impact move in free agency. Ross expects "to spend a lot of money," a close associate said."

Wallace, Hartline, Bess, Austin, and Matthews

or

Jennings, Patterson, Bess, Austin, and Matthews :juggle:

Crazy how they mentioned at least 10 holes just as us realists have and yet Ireland survived.

that article is more depressing than anything else.

I don't see Wallace as a problem child, much less on the level of BM. All that problem child stuff has been overblown in my opinion, and we'd be fortunate to get him.

I agree with almost all of that. Glad to hear some of the stuff echoed in there that I seem to get so much grief for believing and told so often that is wrong, like Casserly saying Wallace is not a complete receiver, all of them deciding between Jennings or Wallace but not thinking Bowe is the answer. Also, suggesting that even with a very down year that Long is a good LT and that Martin isn't, and Jerry isn't a quality starter on a good team, we need to upgrade the defense to get turnovers, etc. etc. etc. Barry Jackson puts out useful information and analysis ... always a great read. Thanks!

Crazy how they mentioned at least 10 holes just as us realists have and yet Ireland survived.

Much like 99 percent of your posts...jeez.

Yes, this team has some holes, but guess what? We've got the capacity to fill a LOT of them!

Barry Jackson is by far my favorite writer. He always has the best and most useful/unbiased pieces and south Florida reporting would be devoid of anything of substance without himself and a couple others.

I agree with Phil Simms on the free agent receivers. None is a must have. It would feel like patchwork, something that probably wouldn't fully pan out. Wallace would be a great asset but also the receiver equivalent of what Reggie Bush is criticized for, looking terrific in some games then all but taken away in others.

Herock is correct on Jonathan Martin. I watched him against Buffalo and he looked acceptable. But I posted I wanted to see him against better competition a week later against the Patriots. He flunked that one. Martin is more natural at left tackle but he lacks top ability. Strength alone is not going to fix it. David Shaw didn't try to pretend Martin was definitely agile enough for left tackle in the NFL. He said, "That's the question."

Resign long to a friendly deal. Lock up Hartline and throw the bank at Wallace.

Interesting to see Theismann say that "In Hartline, you have a Greg Jennings type. Hartline is probably faster than Jennings."

Don't worry...This is really the year Ireland learns how to be a GM.......................:rolleyes2:

Theisman needs to put down those pain meds, lol @Hartline faster than Jennings. He only gets a pass at his use of the word "probably". Jennings is both faster and more shiftier than Hartline. Not to mention is a better deep threat and actually knows the endzone. Smdh

Back
Top Bottom