Barry Jackson on Landry's contract. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson on Landry's contract.

Does anyone think davante Adam's is way overpaid or is it just me?

No its not just you, i dont really think much about the packers wr corps outside of Jordy Nelson but even he may be in decline. Just look at Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders before and after Manning. While they are good WR's Manning made them look like great WR's. I think the same can be said over there in Greenbay.

Maybe not in this thread but they’ve crapped on him everywhere else

But people don’t understand free agency and value if they think he’s gonna as a free agent this year settle for Baldwin money two years ago or something

The market speaks sure he could do you a solid and take a little less but if he won’t hes held up his end of the contract terms and you’ve gotten way more bang for your buck than the production should pay at

And now miamis using Mando as it’s puppet

Granted! Personally, I love the way the kid plays the game. BUT i don't think how he plays the game is what makes or breaks our offense and/or can't be replaced. Thus, isn't worth his asking $$$

Hell, You know how i know that? When the damn Patriots decided to put their BEST CB on our 4th string receiver name Jakeem Grant. That tells me all I need to know about Landry.

If the Dolphins do sign him to what he wants then I just hope it doesn't take away from a position of real need. Like a nice TE or a quality LB, OL.

I’m not sure why you are such a big fan of his hoops. In 4 years of him being the centerpiece of our offense, nothing amazing has happened. Yeah, there’s a lot more factors like the scheme, surrounding players, qb play, etc.

I think him and Tannehill have a great connection and want him back, but I would not spend Davante Adams money on him. I would take Davante Adams, Keenan Allen (a million times) and Doug Baldwin all over him. I would trade Landry for Allen in a split second

Yea take Allen over Landry . . . Landry's played 65 possible games out of 65 vs. Keenan Allen's 54 out of 80 (including only 25 out of the last 48).

Skill set is one thing, why not factor in the whole package and the reason why Allen's earning potential isn't higher?

Not to mention that was 2 years ago with a cap that was 25 million dollars lower than it is in 2018.

Patriots put their best corner on grant if they did based on how you lined up not cause they saw him as the primary threat

Hell Malcolm butler gets eaten up by juice every time they match up

Landry and his camp were always going to chase the money no matter what. So the fact that they're pretending that article by Armando got their feelings hurt is laughable to me.

Anyways, will be tough to see him go but I don't see much of an option. Really good player, but he wants way too much money.

Looks like Landry is all about ego. It's all the dollar amount and his rank in 'highest paid.' Discounts lower that rank. Still inclined he's gone

Landry will be with another team next year. I’m not sure if he will get the money he is looking for...who knows, the Browns might give him a boat load.
Funny that people keep bringing up the browns as the destination, probably because they're considered deficient at every position and don't make great decisions. Gordon, Coleman, and njoku are a better receiving core than Miami's right now, including Landry.

I'd say the bears, bills, and 49ers make alot more sense than Cleveland

Patriots put their best corner on grant if they did based on how you lined up not cause they saw him as the primary threat

Hell Malcolm butler gets eaten up by juice every time they match up

Big difference...First, I'm positive Butler shadowed Grant everywhere he went on the field. Second, Jarvis is "eating" up Butler for what? 2-10 yard gains? How many TDs?

When Grant "eats" him up. How many yards TD is he getting? Hell, I'd argue Grant has already beaten Butler for more yards and TD than Jarvis has.

Yet, we want to make Jarvis one of the highest paid players on the team and highest at his position in the League?

Miss me with that Hoops..

Nah it is not that simple of the deal.

While the only "guaranteed money" is the 18 million signing bonus . . . he has a 5 million dollar roster bonus due on the 3rd day of 2018 season opening and a 3.5 million dollar roster bonus due on the 3rd day of 2019 season.

Plus 3.5 million in base salary . . . . So that deal if they wanted to get out in 2 years is 2 years/30 million . . . . and they would take a cap hit of 7.2 million if they let him go after.
I know, I definitely appreciate the insight on his deal though.... did not know the specifics on roster bonuses and such. I’m assuming the cap has been already been amortized through year 2. After year 2, they can save $9.4M by cutting Adams if he performs poorly (assuming he does not hit his $250k escalator by making the pro bowl(s) in each of those two years).

It’s the price you pay for wanting a short term out deal. I still think a 4y, $52M, $25.5M GTD makes sense for both sides. Essentially a 2y, $25.5M deal. Don’t think Jarvis will go for it, but I think it’s perfrctly fair. But the contract structure is skewed every year and keep inflating, so whatever contract he signs will be nothing in 2 years.

Looks like Landry is all about ego. It's all the dollar amount and his rank in 'highest paid.' Discounts lower that rank. Still inclined he's gone

I honestly don't mind the ego part because that's what gives him his edge. But the ego has to be justified. If he's Odell or Julio or someone like that who is the complete package then hell yeah. Jarvis can't even hold those players water bucket. It's arguable if he's even better than Baldwin or the kid in Green Bay.

Take care Jarvis, I hate seeing you go? I’ll just have to hope my favorite team develops a plan on offense without you. I’ll trust my coach who’s shown the ability to game plan with any player. It’s truly sad you’ve still not learned to play within the offense and take stupid penalties. I’ll take my coach over you any day. Good luck Jarvis, I’ll miss you and your hard chargin play.

Landry can certainly lose, there is 1 thing we still have in terms of leverage over him, the franchise tag. Sure he could not sign it, and sit out of football for the entire year. He could also play on it, have a career threatening injury, and screw up his whole career and life after football. Hopefully none of this happens, but all very much within the realm of possibility. Ahh franchise tag leverage lol, it's how the Eagles got Cox signed to a team friendly deal. Had he hit FA, that would have been fun...

Except for the fact that the Dolphins cap space is very tight, and they can't afford to commit 16 million to a receiver without restructuring some contracts (Suh, Tannehill) that will surely bite them in the ass later on.

The Dolphins aren't going to use the franchise tag because they can't afford it. That's why they have been resorting to this negative press on Landry. They are trying to set up the narrative for his departure.

I see Tannebaum, Grier, and Gase looking for new jobs after 2018. Not gonna be pretty.

Except for the fact that the Dolphins cap space is very tight, and they can't afford to commit 16 million to a receiver without restructuring some contracts (Suh, Tannehill) that will surely bite them in the *** later on.

The Dolphins aren't going to use the franchise tag because they can't afford it. That's why they have been resorting to this negative press on Landry. They are trying to set up the narrative for his departure.

I see Tannebaum, Grier, and Gase looking for new jobs after 2018. Not gonna be pretty.
maybe for the moment, but they can easily get to $21 million is space without touching Suh's or Tannehill's contracts

I know, I definitely appreciate the insight on his deal though.... did not know the specifics on roster bonuses and such. I’m assuming the cap has been already been amortized through year 2. After year 2, they can save $9.4M by cutting Adams if he performs poorly (assuming he does not hit his $250k escalator by making the pro bowl(s) in each of those two years).

It’s the price you pay for wanting a short term out deal. I still think a 4y, $52M, $25.5M GTD makes sense for both sides. Essentially a 2y, $25.5M deal. Don’t think Jarvis will go for it, but I think it’s perfrctly fair. But the contract structure is skewed every year and keep inflating, so whatever contract he signs will be nothing in 2 years.

Yea I mean my guess is Miami will need to franchise him. 16 million for one year.

Then when they extend, use that 16 million as a signing bonus. Shoot for 4 years/55 million. Guarantee Jarvis 30 million . . . first 2 years would be in that 2 year/28 million dollar realm (cap hits would be roughly 9 million both seasons) . . . with 27 million on the back end and a 8 million dollar out in year 3 if needed.

Back
Top Bottom