Barry Jackson on Landry's contract. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson on Landry's contract.

While unlikely, a tag and trade would be great.

If not, a big signing and a compensatory pick would be the next best thing.

I can't see Miami paying any more than $10M for Landry, and with the cap situation, I doubt they tag him.

I would take Landry over Branch and Kiko... Cut them and free up the money.
I'd take Landry over every single player on the roster.

This isn't gonna end well though. The ending of this story will likely see Leonte Carroo as a starter next season. When DVP sprains his ankle in week 5 this offense will once again be unwatchable..... With Tannehill

I'd take Landry over every single player on the roster.

This isn't gonna end well though. The ending of this story will likely see Leonte Carroo as a starter next season. When DVP sprains his ankle in week 5 this offense will once again be unwatchable..... With Tannehill

lol funny enough I could see that happening and then Leonte Carroo goes on to be as productive as Parker has been in any season.

There is precedent there with this coaching staff (Ajayi, Drake, Grant)

We would definitely be able to afford the tag. No doubt. Timmons, Thomas, $14M left in next years cap. That's some' like $25M. We'd even have enough for draft picks and like $3M left.

I'm a BIG proponent of tag and trade and if no trade resume negotiations after wk8.

I'm sure he'd still have a market under the tag. Hell, the Bears could give him what he wants and pay us compensation for saving them a bidding war or missing out 'cause he just simply rather play in NYG with his buddy OBJ regardless of their offer.

I'm sure he'd sign the tag and the contract quick rather than staying here disgruntled or sit out.

Reportedly the Bears offered a 2nd on trade deadline. Honestly, I can only see them being more desperate now.

They fired Fox but their GM is still there on a HOTTER seat now.

We would definitely be able to afford the tag. No doubt. Timmons, Thomas, $14M left in next years cap. That's some' like $25M. We'd even have enough for draft picks and like $3M left.

I'm a BIG proponent of tag and trade and if no trade resume negotiations after wk8.

I'm sure he'd still have a market under the tag. Hell, the Bears could give him what he wants and pay us compensation for saving them a bidding war or missing out 'cause he just simply rather play in NYG with his buddy OBJ regardless of their offer.

I'm sure he'd sign the tag and the contract quick rather than staying here disgruntled or sit out.

Cleveland probably makes the most sense in a tag/trade scenario due to the amount of draft picks, cap space and need for a security blanket for a young QB. Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Njoku/Darnold/Barkley/Johnson . . . already have a pretty solid offensive line in place . . . . that could be a scary little offense real soon.

Big difference...First, I'm positive Butler shadowed Grant everywhere he went on the field. Second, Jarvis is "eating" up Butler for what? 2-10 yard gains? How many TDs?

When Grant "eats" him up. How many yards TD is he getting? Hell, I'd argue Grant has already beaten Butler for more yards and TD than Jarvis has.

Yet, we want to make Jarvis one of the highest paid players on the team and highest at his position in the League?

Miss me with that Hoops..

Miss me with what? Grant barely even played yet he was shadowed by butler? Maybe for the snaps he was on the field I guess.

Most grants production was taking those dreaded screens you guys hate so much and gaining major rac due to his speed. Wr tunnel screens

Package player in 2017 nothing more nothing less

Cleveland probably makes the most sense in a tag/trade scenario due to the amount of draft picks, cap space and need for a security blanket for a young QB. Gordon/Landry/Coleman/Njoku/Darnold/Barkley/Johnson . . . already have a pretty solid offensive line in place . . . . that could be a scary little offense real soon.

I started thread on that and it was laughed off. The fact the Browns could out bid the Bears, pick and money wise would just make the Bears more desperate, IMO.

IDK who Landry would rather play for but if the Browns trade for Smith, the way I expect them to, draft Darnold AND keep Kizer they'd have the BEST QB situation... ever?

Funny that people keep bringing up the browns as the destination, probably because they're considered deficient at every position and don't make great decisions. Gordon, Coleman, and njoku are a better receiving core than Miami's right now, including Landry.

I'd say the bears, bills, and 49ers make alot more sense than Cleveland

Cleveland is the team most mentioned because they have to spend money to get above the cap floor. If he tries to use any offer the Browns make against us, I'd hang up the phone.

Buffalo or Chicago, I couldn't see him even going on a visit to either of those teams. San Fran and Oakland make a lot of sense although I don't know where Oakland stands cap wise. I doubt SF would have a problem signing him.

Back
Top Bottom