Barry Jackson on Landry's contract. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson on Landry's contract.

A lot of this may be how Gase feels about Landry. Not coach speak how he feels, but how he says he feels behind T-Baum's closed doors.

Like I have stated we have no replacement on the team. Jarvis is like a running back/ wide keeps our offense on the field defense off. Thats how you win games.

I don’t like the way this is being handled. I think we’re going to lose juice. Drafting good players and letting them walk when it’s time to pay up doesn’t seem like a recipe that will work unless you have a super elite QB. Think about it, we let OV walk and now we’re in a predicament where Wake is 36 and we could use a good DE to play opposite Harris. If Gase replaces Landry’s production I’ll afmit I’m wrong. If we struggle to pick up 3rd downs I’ll consider it to be a direct correlation of this money being saved.

Like I have stated we have no replacement on the team. Jarvis is like a running back/ wide keeps our offense on the field defense off. Thats how you win games.

No replacement? Carroo was drafted specifically for that purpose. Letting Landry go seems to have been the plan all along.

Maybe not in this thread but they’ve crapped on him everywhere else

But people don’t understand free agency and value if they think he’s gonna as a free agent this year settle for Baldwin money two years ago or something

The market speaks sure he could do you a solid and take a little less but if he won’t hes held up his end of the contract terms and you’ve gotten way more bang for your buck than the production should pay at

And now miamis using Mando as it’s puppet

I respect your support of him. I am however wondering how far that goes. What exactly are you willing to give him? What is he worth per year in your eyes?

No replacement? Carroo was drafted specifically for that purpose. Letting Landry go seems to have been the plan all along.
Carroo was drafted as a replacement for Matthews. That physical receiver. Unfortunately under Gase and Christensen, we have not use many of the receivers beyond the top three.

Carroo was drafted as a replacement for Matthews. That physical receiver. Unfortunately under Gase and Christensen, we have not use many of the receivers beyond the top three.
LOL Carroo is so mesmerizing here. First he was to be Stills replacement, then the talks were he will be Parker's replacement, now it's on to Landry. I agree that the intent was Matthews fill in. If Landry is gone he'll get more playing time (about time kiddo) and Gase may find a place for him but I just don't see any high potential there. I won't be shocked when the Turk comes for him next August either. Worst fear is the talks revert back to him being Parkers replacement or even worse, "use him as a tight end" lol.

I think Carroo had one hell of a workout in Davie pre draft and the Dolphins looked at him as a guy who can play inside and outside and would give them depth and security at the WR position going forward in case Parker went down or they lost Stills/Landry. At worst they figure he would be Rishard Matthews waiting in the wings for an opportunity.

He may get his chance in 2018.

I think Carroo had one hell of a workout in Davie pre draft and the Dolphins looked at him as a guy who can play inside and outside and would give them depth and security at the WR position going forward in case Parker went down or they lost Stills/Landry. At worst they figure he would be Rishard Matthews waiting in the wings for an opportunity.

He may get his chance in 2018.
Parker missed some games , granted the qb situation, Carroo didn't exactly seize the opportunity.

Caroo looked better in his stem this year he looked like a slug his rookie year there couldn’t open hips.

He’s got the physicality and vice grip hands for slot and he’s willing to work tbe dirty routes that Kenny stills won’t but I’d have to see how he fares reading coverage with option routes inside. I’ve noticed his coverage reads are suspect to date

No to Jordan Mathews. Pillow soft and dinged up all the time

Parker missed some games , granted the qb situation, Carroo didn't exactly seize the opportunity.

Heck Parker didn't really seize the opportunity when he was healthy either, but that is definitely QB related. Miami was relegated to a lot of short stuff and used Grant as the next receiver as a way to get his speed on the field and take small throws for big gains.

I can't remember which game but I remember Carroo caught a ball (or maybe it wasn't a catch but would of been with a average throw) in the redzone from Cutler and had that ball been placed with any sort of decency . . . we probably score a TD on the play.

I really saw some good things from Jay Cutler's pocket movement this year and he often would make the right reads (not always) . . . but he just couldn't throw the football properly anymore. No type of consistency. His confidence was shot towards the end.

I respect your support of him. I am however wondering how far that goes. What exactly are you willing to give him? What is he worth per year in your eyes?

My eyes will line up with what free agency would pay him and that’s top 5 money

Do I think he’s better than Baldwin no do I think Baldwin would excel at some of the things juice gives us no but this isn’t Baldwin’s market this is juices current one.

And it says to me if he hits he’s gonna land top 5 money as a free agent

The slot money stuff was never gonna be an option. If we wanted juice at a market discount we should have never let him play his final year making peanuts.

Can’t have it both ways.

Before Parker got hurt he was the best player on that struggling offense.

Yeah I know it was 5 for 80 or something but the first quarter of the season while everyone else took a dump Parker showed up

Then he got knicked up on his first catch vs buffalo and everything went downhill

Back
Top Bottom