Barry Jackson Saturday WR notes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Saturday WR notes

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
SATURDAY DOLPHINS REPORT

Among Dolphins receivers who lack a large body of work, Roberto Wallace and Julius Pruitt consistently have received the most praise from teammates the past two months.
The Dolphins coaching staff apparently agrees.With Brian Hartline missing practice because of a calf injury, Pruitt received playing time with the first team Saturday when the Dolphins went to a four-receiver set, along with Chad Johnson, Davone Bess and Legedu Naanee.“I’m expecting this to be a big year for me,” Pruitt said. “I’ve improved a lot.”Wallace received some work with the starters during the team’s offseason program, and Pruitt and Wallace appear to be running fifth and sixth among Dolphins’ receivers. It’s difficult to envision Miami keeping more than six, if that many. But it’s still early, and Clyde Gates and others have a chance. Of Pruitt and Wallace, coach Joe Philbin said: “You like their body types. They’ve caught the ball very well. You watch them run around the field, they’re the first guys in their drills and they’re hustling.“I love their attitude. I think they have good skill. I think they run well. I think they have good hands. I think those two guys definitely have a future and I’m excited to see what they’re going to do during training camp.” Hartline declined to discuss his injury but said he feels “pretty good.” Asked about Hartline’s chances of being a No. 1 receiver, Philbin said: “I can’t tell you right now… if he’s the No. 1 receiver or not.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...the-ball-position-switches.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited by a moderator:
Chad Johnson seems like he's on a mission, I wouldnt bet on it but IF Chad can get on par with decent number 1 WR production this year, it would really benefit the whole offense IMO.

I have always read Ocho is a true professional perhaps struggling with the Pats put him on notice and he is out to prove himself.

Fuller has been making some noise also.

I'm starting to think Chad may start opposite Hartline or Legedu with Bess in the slot. Wallace , Pruitt and Gates battling for 2 spots. Stash 2 rookie WR's on the the PS.

I wonder if Philbin wouldn't answer about Hartline because he's not even a lock to open as one of our top 3. With a new staff, I would expect the worst starting receiver in football the last two years to have to earn a spot.

WR position is a huge question mark. I think Chad, Hartline, and Bess seem to be locks. That leaves 2-3 open spots. I would think they wont give up on Gates after 1 year..i sure as heck wouldnt. Nanee, Wallace, Pruitt, and the rooks are battling it out..but dont be shocked to see us grab someone whos cut. I just know ill take Wallace or Pruitt over Nanee...i hope him getting 1st team reps is short lived

The only thing about Pruitt is when I hear that name I have flashbacks of James Pruitt and get sick to my stomach...

the more i read about our wr's the more i see gates not making this team which is pretty sad because i thought he was going to be pretty good in the long run

i guess the only thing gates has going for him is his speed...
imagesqtbnANd9GcSLrUW5XJrlTJe2Mc5f4Roxls-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom