Barry Jackson Update on Vonta Leach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Barry Jackson Update on Vonta Leach

If he's not going to get the money he wants it's very likely he doesn't sign anywhere until training camp is almost over.

Personally, I think he doesn't want to take part in the training camp. lol

I dont think Ireland being on vacation this week matters much. We all know Aponte is the deal maker. Leach is likely waiting for someone to up the ante, there is no pressure to sign now in the slowest part of the offseason.

Personally, I think he doesn't want to take part in the training camp. lol

That's my guess. It's not like you can't sign contracts and suchlike by fax. A deal could get done if
both sides wanted it bad enough. My feeling is he's just trying to wait out TC.

That's my guess. It's not like you can't sign contracts and suchlike by fax. A deal could get done if
both sides wanted it bad enough. My feeling is he's just trying to wait out TC.

You cant sign a contract until a physical has been performed, which cant be done by fax.

I also just read that the Giant's offer to Leach was for the NFL minimum. That gives Miami some leverage.

I suspect when the smoke clears, the Ravens will successfully find a way to make at least a competitive offer knowing that if he had his druthers, that's where he wants to be.

I doubt he wants to miss training camp. Well, I should say, I doubt he thinks he can miss training camp and become a part of this team. Philbin isn't having that and Leech knows the importance of TC, having just won a SB. If he comes, as long as he is signed by the start of TC, there is no problem.

You cant sign a contract until a physical has been performed, which cant be done by fax.

I also just read that the Giant's offer to Leach was for the NFL minimum. That gives Miami some leverage.

You can't sign a contract effective pending a physical?

ETA; Just found the answer. Both sides can agree in principal to the contract, pending a physical. So, essentially the deal could get done,
He/us/they don't really care that much about getting the deal done is my guess. And again, I'm sure a big part of it is he doesn't want to go through TC.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

I doubt he wants to miss training camp. Well, I should say, I doubt he thinks he can miss training camp and become a part of this team. Philbin isn't having that and Leech knows the importance of TC, having just won a SB. If he comes, as long as he is signed by the start of TC, there is no problem.

I've heard multiple veterans say, well after they were away from a game they've used contract negotiations to stay out
of camp. Strahan was one of them, and he was pretty good at what he did.

I expect this to happen. For some strange reason a number of fans want us to start going 3-4 WR wide most of the time and it is not going to happen. L Miller will run from the I and off set and power I. We need a blocking FB.

the longer this goes the more it smells like back to baltimore and leverage play attempts with others to me...

At least we only seem willing to sign him at our price and will not overpay just to get him

I also believe he is trying to leverage more from the Ravens. I'm glad Ireland is sticking to his guns

Back
Top Bottom