Bart Scott, "The AFC east has never seen a violent defense" | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bart Scott, "The AFC east has never seen a violent defense"

They were good but they transformed themselevs after losing alot of those players from the 2000 team and under Ryan in 2006 they were 1st in PA and YA, something they never did before him.

Ray Lewis is a HOFer and an all-time great but why did Baltimore make re-singing Scott a priority over lewis this offseason? It didn't work out but so after they lost out on Scott they turned back to Ray.

Was that part of Ricky's playoff career high 17 yards?(besting his 14 yd effort in his only other playoff game:lol:)

I want Buffalo to prove something, every year they are expected to be better than they are but I think Buffalo will finish in 2nd battling w/ Miami.

No offer was ever made to Jason taylor. How is this the same as Calvin Pace when you offered him $20 mil+ guaranteed?

the Jets never had the chance to sign taylor because he said he didnt want to play for them, but being the FIRST TEAM TO CALL him the moment he hits free agency shows interest, does it not?

Junc you should just come on over to the dark side.......i think you secretly love the dolphins. I mean come on, the jets have won the division twice....don't you WANT to be a winner?

Apparently Bart Scott is too young to remember Jets defenders that were there before him. I don't think he could hold the jocks of Joe Klecko or Marc Gastineau. As much as I have always hated the Jets, you can't deny that you dreaded facing those two guys. They were mean and they were good. I wonder what Joe and Marc (and the rest of the NY Sack Exchange for that matter) would have to say about this window-licker's comments. :err:

LAUGH MY ****ING *** OFF ! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

and you think the jets have proven anything since... :tumbleweed: ???

hahaha you just made my day...

Proven anything as far as finally making the playoffs. I felt the same way about you guys last year, from '02-'07 I heard every year how you would be a playoff team but you were never even in a legit race from '03-'07.

i just don't understand that you bring me up that argument that everyone is 0-0... but the bills have something to prove... it's just paradoxal and silly from your part. Last year, they were the team to beat in the whole AFC before a mid-season collapse, much like the jets. So what differs your jets from the bills ? and why wouldn't you give credit to a team like the fins that have proven they could win the division ? isn't that enough to prove you they're competitive again ? i'm not saying they're guaranteed to win the division, but don't go ahead and discredit a winning team saying they don't earn their spot, then discredit a losing buffalo team by saying they got something to prove, and then go ahead and saying that getting your hopes up for the 3rd seed jets is an understandable thing to do... complete non-sense my friend

i just caught you with your hands in a biased poop bag, don't try and make me think it's chocolate fudge !

The Bills were the team to beat in the AFC???? when?

Where have I not given Miami credit? I have said they did a great job last year and earned the division. You do realize that things change from year to year. i think you will take a step back this year- is it crazy to think that?

You are all over the place, my point about being 0-0 was you were acting like the Jets start in 3rd place and that Miami is guaranteed something b/c they won the div last year.

Biased? I said we'd finish in last- how the heck am I being biased????

So let me get this straight.....

A league source said that the Dolphins signed Calvin Pace...which we know to be 100% WRONG.

this same unreliable, inaccurate source is your proof of an offer of 20 million guaranteed by the Dolphins?? :confused:

Obviously they were very close and the dolphins made that offer.

They had a ceiling, they jumped back in late and drove up his price but weren't willing to go as high as the Jets. They wanted him though and he was their first priority.

lmao! the jetsies will never get ahead in the afc east with miami and new england there.

W/ NE and a healthy Brady? probably not, you guys aren't anywhere near NEs level and don't pretend that you are.

the Jets never had the chance to sign taylor because he said he didnt want to play for them, but being the FIRST TEAM TO CALL him the moment he hits free agency shows interest, does it not?

He said if he didn't have other offers he'd have to think about it. he never closed the door and we never pursued him.

Junc you should just come on over to the dark side.......i think you secretly love the dolphins. I mean come on, the jets have won the division twice....don't you WANT to be a winner?

My team has done better in the most recent decade.

Apparently Bart Scott is too young to remember Jets defenders that were there before him. I don't think he could hold the jocks of Joe Klecko or Marc Gastineau. As much as I have always hated the Jets, you can't deny that you dreaded facing those two guys. They were mean and they were good. I wonder what Joe and Marc (and the rest of the NY Sack Exchange for that matter) would have to say about this window-licker's comments. :err:

Both were great but gastineau's antics divided those excellent early-mid 80s Jet teams.

Just wondering why everyone is responding to a jet fan.The jets have only won 2 count them 2 afc east titles in the afc east history.Can you say non factor!!!!!The jets did suck,do suck,and will suck.The phins and the pats are the only factors in this division.

Didn't they talk in Baltimore? Didn't they then crush you? Didn't the Giants talk like crazy leading up to the SB 2 years ago? how did that turn out?

....And we beat them the year before. Scott was only a piece of a team that had very talented players, of which, Scott was a 1 year wonder, not great, and just barely good.... Ryan did not need to do much Coaching to make that a great unit.

I believe term is 'paper-tigers'. They were an overrated bunch who always disappeared in big spots!! ;)

....And we beat them the year before. Scott was only a piece of a team that had very talented players, of which, Scott was a 1 year wonder, not great, and just barely good.... Ryan did not need to do much Coaching to make that a great unit.

You beat them the year before in a meaningless game for them. Scott is more than a 1 year wonder, he's been a good player for a while now.

I believe term is 'paper-tigers'. They were an overrated bunch who always disappeared in big spots!! ;)

When did those teams ever lose 62-7 or 38-3? In '81 the D gave up 24 in the WC loss to Buf, In '82 the D gave up 7 points to Miami in the title game loss, in '85 they gave up 19 in the WC loss to NE, in '86 23 in OT to cle i the div rd loss. in those 4 playoff losses they gave up an average of 18 PPG. In the dolphins 5 playoff losses from 1997-2001 they gave up an average of 29 PPG.

Obviously they were very close and the dolphins made that offer.

They had a ceiling, they jumped back in late and drove up his price but weren't willing to go as high as the Jets. They wanted him though and he was their first priority.

Obviously? Obvious how. All you have is a report credited to a source who was proven WRONG. Obvious they negotiated with him....that's about it.

I believe that Justin Smiley was the Dolphins first priority....judging by the 12:15am signing on day 1 of FA.

Obviously? Obvious how. All you have is a report credited to a source who was proven WRONG. Obvious they negotiated with him....that's about it.

I believe that Justin Smiley was the Dolphins first priority....judging by the 12:15am signing on day 1 of FA.

I was talking about the Ravens and Bart Scott as far as top priority goes.

I said it was obvious Miami and pace were close.

Overrated and overpaid b/c he's a Jet but if Miami signed him he'd be a HOFer.

ummmm...no, not one of those fans that inflates my own players, sorry. He's overrated and definitely overpaid.

Both were great but gastineau's antics divided those excellent early-mid 80s Jet teams.

The point was that the AFCE has had some very good defenses in its history. Bart Scott is too young to remember the NYSE........and I won't even go into the No-Name or the Killer B's. This guy sounds like he is inventing the defense in the AFCE. He needs to read up on the history of our division it seems.

Just wondering why everyone is responding to a jet fan.The jets have only won 2 count them 2 afc east titles in the afc east history.Can you say non factor!!!!!The jets did suck,do suck,and will suck.The phins and the pats are the only factors in this division.

Because NYJunc is one of the most well informed, respectfull non-trolling "enemy" posters in this forum....His opinions should be regarded as very valuable to a healthy and amicable discussion in this forum, it certainly helps us lower some of our homerism and see things in an unbiased way....I truly value threads where "enemy" posters like him are present, for it makes up for interesting debate....:up:

Back
Top Bottom