Baylor WR Terrance Williams seems good fit for Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Baylor WR Terrance Williams seems good fit for Dolphins

**** not opposed, if Wallace wants too much money draft this guy.

After watching him on his highlights I see how he fits. Alot of GB typr WR's fit this guys mold and I am buying into the 6'2" 205 size of a typical Philbin guy and what I see from this guy is he is able to make plays downfield in the endzone and over the middle. I disagree with others about seperation. He is certainly capable. His production is very good with or without RG3.

I wasnt high on him until now. I sort of been having a flavor of the week on WR but this article hints at Philbin's liking IMO.

Hopkins is another guy and Dobson and Swopes fit the typical Philbin style IMO.

Screams bust to me. Struggles to get separation. No YAC ability. 40 speed aside there's no quickness there. Gets jammed easily. Lapses in concentration. He has excellent body control and uses his size well but other than that he's just not going to make it in the pros. That would be a wasted pick. He's not in the league of Allen, Patterson, Hopkins, or even Stedman, Marquess

you left out the 12 td's the kid has this past year.

seems to me that stat is the most over looked of all on the fin boards. we need someone who can find the endzone.

if this kid has all those problems as you say he does and he can still put up those stats, the yds, td's, etc..., ILL TAKE IT!!!

he cant get open, he cant get off the line, he cant run, cant concentrate, but, he still gets 1800+yds and 12 scores.

something doesnt add up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd rather have Hopkins at 42 than Williams tbh.

I would much rather have Terrance Williams than DeAndre Hopkins. I think Williams has very solid value in the 2nd round. He's a proven and consistent deep threat that shows a surprising all-around game when given the opportunity. He has great size and really good athleticism for that size. He's a proven on the perimeter of the field and he creates a lot of separation. You go from Robert Griffin at quarterback to Nick Florence, and you don't miss a beat.

He's not my absolute favorite wide receiver in this draft, probably not even in my top 3 at the position, but he's just outside of that.

I would much rather have Terrance Williams than DeAndre Hopkins. I think Williams has very solid value in the 2nd round. He's a proven and consistent deep threat that shows a surprising all-around game when given the opportunity. He has great size and really good athleticism for that size. He's a proven on the perimeter of the field and he creates a lot of separation. You go from Robert Griffin at quarterback to Nick Florence, and you don't miss a beat.

He's not my absolute favorite wide receiver in this draft, probably not even in my top 3 at the position, but he's just outside of that.
By saying you'd much rather do you mean you don't like Hopkins, CK? And if so, what is it about Hopkins that doesn't impress you? From what I've seen, Hopkins looks better than Allen but not as good as Patterson to me.

By saying you'd much rather do you mean you don't like Hopkins, CK? And if so, what is it about Hopkins that doesn't impress you? From what I've seen, Hopkins looks better than Allen but not as good as Patterson to me.

It's not that I dislike DeAndre Hopkins. He brings a lot to the table. But one thing he doesn't bring is size, strength or physicality. Another thing he doesn't bring is the speed to take the top off a defense. When I was watching Tharold Simon go against Hopkins, this was a day that Hopkins obviously won by a good margin as he had a monstrous night from a pure statistical standpoint, but you could see Tharold Simon making a ton of mistakes that guys in the pros won't be making as often. Meanwhile, when Tharold got some simple issues in his technique right, he could flat out erase Hopkins. That's the danger for Hopkins at the next level. He's a guy that made his living getting behind college defenses and making big plays vertically, yet doesn't have the size/speed/strength to do that at the next level. I don't know that he's got a great all-around game and he's never been all that compelling to me with the ball in his hands from a RAC standpoint.

I think he can get open on routes and a good quarterback with great decision making and accuracy will be able to get him the football. But I don't know that I see him being a play maker at the next level.

I like Hopkins, but i don't put him in the same class as Allen. Allen is amazing off the LOS, incredibly smooth in/out of cuts and runs much better routes than Hopkins. Plus, he's bigger and has much better YAC. If Allen played on Clemson, his stats would be sick. Maynard was terrible this year.

I would much rather have Terrance Williams than DeAndre Hopkins. I think Williams has very solid value in the 2nd round. He's a proven and consistent deep threat that shows a surprising all-around game when given the opportunity. He has great size and really good athleticism for that size. He's a proven on the perimeter of the field and he creates a lot of separation. You go from Robert Griffini at quarterback to Nick Florence, and you don't miss a beat.

I like the pure talent of Williams but I think Hopkins has a chance to end up being the best wideout from this class. Williams probably has better athleticism but I strongly believe that Hopkins has much better hands and route running ability, and he's just all around a more polished player. Would love either one with our 2a pick but Hopkins will probably be gone.

I think I would rather have Williams because of character. Not that Hopkins character is in question, but Willams seems to be well grounded like his head wont get big if he makes it big. he fits the mental makeup. henceforth the article.

I'm not a fan of Williams. I recognize that many evaluators love the kid and that he is both big and fast. But when I watch him I see a guy who has trouble getting off the line with press coverage, poor use of hands against defenders (he loses hand-fighting), hesitency over the middle, and difficulty in traffic. He just seems to have a world of problems with physical corners and seems to be scared of big hitters. I could be totally off with this assessment ... but when the speed and ferocity gets ramped up a notch in the NFL, he may be another Ted Ginn, Jr. with less speed.

Williams doesn't strike me as someone who just lacks muscle development becasue he's young. He seems to have the bulk, but just doesn't have the strength or will. Physically, I see him being the opposite of a Terrell Owens or Michael Irvin type of big physical dominator ... I see Terrance Williams losing every physical encounter. If you let him go free, he's got speed to burn, so he'll make his share of plays, but I think he'll be the guy who disappears for long stretches in many games.

I'm just wondering what tape there is out there of Williams being so bad at dealing with press. Can anyone point to anything specific?

Idk I took some time to look at both Williams and Hopkins and I still see Hopkins as the better playmaker. And Williams is only an inch or two taller and afew lbs heavier. As far as the deepthreat thing, I saw Hopkins catch as many if not more bombs than Williams did. I also saw the Senior Bowl and only saw Williams catch a couple balls and go out of bounds. Can you provide me a link of anything that can impress me because I'm just not convinced Williams to go higher than Hopkins. (Of course here's to is grabbing Patterson at 12 so we don't have to worry about either one he he he) ;)

And what about this Da'Rick Rogers guy? The guy looks like he belongs in the conversation of WRs right after Patterson.

Back
Top Bottom