BCS is shaping up.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BCS is shaping up....

MikeO said:
The ONLY answer is this. The ONLY way you can play for the national title is IF you win your conference.

So, that means the year Oklahoma lost the Big 12 title game they shouldn't have played for it all. That means this year the loser of OhioSt/Mich gets no rematch.

If the BCS did that........pretty much all debates would be over. Now, how the conference decides their conference champ is up to them. Some conferences have a title game some don't. But that is up to the conference in the end. So, for example that would mean this year you end up with.....Mich,L'ville,BC,Florida,Texas,Cal. ND get's screwed on this but hey, they can't have their cake and eat it too.

That is 6 schools. Hopefully out of 6 you can figure out the best 2. If not, then you leave the door open to a +1 game. Doesn't mean it will take place every year. But say for this year. You have Florida-Mich in one bowl. And then L'ville-Texas in the other. And Florida wins and you still have L'ville unbeaten. Then do a +1 game a few weeks later.

But say L'ville loses at some point, then the Florida-Mich winner is the champ. No +1 game necessary.

THAT is the answer!!!!! Just have that 1 game in your back-pocket at all times.
To add to that, BCS conferences must do something to balance out the extra top ranked games that the SEC, ACC, and BIG-12 teams face with a conference championship. It's absurd that this game can have such a large effect on those conferences with the other BCS conferences don't do something similar. And don't get me started about the Big-10 schools not even played each team in conference.

finswin56 said:
To add to that, BCS conferences must do something to balance out the extra top ranked games that the SEC, ACC, and BIG-12 teams face with a conference championship. It's absurd that this game can have such a large effect on those conferences with the other BCS conferences don't do something similar. And don't get me started about the Big-10 schools not even played each team in conference.

The conference championship games are something each conference decided to play!! Nobody put a gun to their head and are forcing them to play them. These conferences want the $$$$$$$$$$ though, so they sell their souls with those things.

So, like Oklahoma a few years back. If you lose in that game, under my theory....they would get screwed!

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

MikeO said:
Sure I do. You played iowa and penn st. Where they WERE ranked then and where they finish is important. If both teams finish unranked, then it means they aren't very good. And yes they were ranked when you beat them, that just means they were overhyped and frauds!!!

Meaning your schedule isn't what it looked like it was. Look you won at Texas great win. You have a chance to beat Mich great win. You got LUCKY by not having to play Wisconsin. And the rest of your schedule isn't that impressive.

Why because we'd have another quality win?!?
You're full of it. Ohio State stands heads/shoulder above the rest of the NCAA this year. Call it lack of schedule, but you're the ONLY one saying that and it's the first time I've heard it all season. You're crazy...

But there is NO team that can guard WR's Ginn, Gonzo, Robo...
Troy Smith will beat you with his arm, legs, accuracy, and good decesions. He is a PERFECT college quarterback.
Ohio State's defense is easily the most athletic, fastest defense in the nation.

Call it weak schedule, I'll call it an unstoppable team.
The only team in the nation that has a chance to beat us is Michigan. And we will see that game in 2 weeks. Ohio State will win by over 17.

OSUDauby said:
You're full of it. Ohio State stands heads/shoulder above the rest of the NCAA this year. Call it lack of schedule, but you're the ONLY one saying that and it's the first time I've heard it all season. You're crazy...

Troy Smith will beat you with his arm, legs, accuracy, and good decesions. He is a PERFECT college quarterback.
Ohio State's defense is easily the most athletic, fastest defense in the nation.

The only team in the nation that has a chance to beat us is Michigan. And we will see that game in 2 weeks. Ohio State will win by over 17.

I'd be willing to argue about Ohio State having the fastest and most athletic defense.

OSUDauby said:

I'm not saying your defense is not one of the best, but wow! Take it easy there!

OSUDauby said:
Ummm, the BCS gives you a match up between the two BEST teams in football. Right now, Ohio State and Michigan are the two best teams in football. If the game is close or goes into OT, they are STILL the two best teams in college football. And who has only played 1 quality team?

Teams ranked when game was played:
Ohio State - #2 Texas, #13 Iowa, #22 Penn State, #2 Michigan
Michigan - #? Wisconsin, #4 Notre Dame, #1 Ohio State

I fail to see your point

If Mich or OSU loses in their last game they do nto deserve to play for a Nat'l Title. In what sport can you lose your last game then play for a Championship in the next game? I do believe OSU is the best team in the Coutnry but they have played 1 good team, Mich is a good team but they have played 1 decent team. Their scheds are creampuffs and w/ those scheds 1 loss should knock them out of any consideration.

It means nothing what the rankings were when they played. teams are overrated early on every year. iowa stinks, PS isn't good, ND is decent but overrated, Wisconsin hasn't beaten a good team yet. The Big 10 stinks this year and OSU and Mich's non-conf scheds are weak outside of 1 game.

MikeO said:
The conference championship games are something each conference decided to play!! Nobody put a gun to their head and are forcing them to play them. These conferences want the $$$$$$$$$$ though, so they sell their souls with those things.

So, like Oklahoma a few years back. If you lose in that game, under my theory....they would get screwed!

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
That's not really my point.
There is already so much subjectivity regarding the BCS. When half of your BCS conferences play an extra game against a quality opponent it just adds another level of inequality to the equation. The more quality opponents a team faces, the more opportunites that team has to lose. Especially when a top team faces a rematch of another top team.
And again, the Big 10 teams don't have a championship game, and yet aren't playing every team in that conference. It's pathetic.

It's about trying to find as much objectivity and equality in a mostly subjective process. This is even more important w/o a playoff system.

BTW, I'm in favor of only an 8 team playoff system, using the bowls as part of that system.

nyjunc said:
If Mich or OSU loses in their last game they do nto deserve to play for a Nat'l Title. In what sport can you lose your last game then play for a Championship in the next game? I do believe OSU is the best team in the Coutnry but they have played 1 good team, Mich is a good team but they have played 1 decent team. Their scheds are creampuffs and w/ those scheds 1 loss should knock them out of any consideration.

It means nothing what the rankings were when they played. teams are overrated early on every year. iowa stinks, PS isn't good, ND is decent but overrated, Wisconsin hasn't beaten a good team yet. The Big 10 stinks this year and OSU and Mich's non-conf scheds are weak outside of 1 game.

It's happened before where a team lost thier last game, then played for the NC.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
I'm not saying your defense is not one of the best, but wow! Take it easy there!

:lol: Where have you been Jersey, this is everyday.

finswin56 said:
That's not really my point.
There is already so much subjectivity regarding the BCS. When half of your BCS conferences play an extra game against a quality opponent it just adds another level of inequality to the equation. The more quality opponents a team faces, the more opportunites that team has to lose. Especially when a top team faces a rematch of another top team.
And again, the Big 10 teams don't have a championship game, and yet aren't playing every team in that conference. It's pathetic.

It's about trying to find as much objectivity and equality in a mostly subjective process. This is even more important w/o a playoff system.

BTW, I'm in favor of only an 8 team playoff system, using the bowls as part of that system.

I agree, if they were to put in a playoff system I don't think it needs to be any bigger.

Motion said:
:lol: Where have you been Jersey, this is everyday.

I can argue that Rutgers has the fastest and most athletic defense in college football. But it does not make them the best.

PS

Who has more sacks on Defense this year OSu or Rutgers???

And who has the smaller more Athletic D-Line???

I know the Answer!!!!

OSUDauby said:

After a week of being here in this message board bashing the Big East teams for playing a weak schedule you now say..........call OSU's schedule weak but it doesn't matter because they are an unstoppale team?????

Are you kidding me!! You didn't just say that!!!!!!!!!!

MikeO said:
After a week of being here in this message board bashing the Big East teams for playing a weak schedule you now say..........call OSU's schedule weak but it doesn't matter because they are an unstoppale team?????

Are you kidding me!! You didn't just say that!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom