Bears closing in on agreement with Dion Sims | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bears closing in on agreement with Dion Sims

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
[TWEET]839923425921597441[/TWEET]

Uh oh. If Sims goes, does that leave open the possibility of drafting OJ Howard or Njoku?

Dion Sims signing for Bears

@MikeGarafolo: Bears are closing in on an agreement with TE Dion Sims, source says. Dolphins had wanted to retain him and Bears checked with other FA TEs.

:(

That is a loss, especially with the way Thomas plays

I thought Sims was gone once we paid both Branch and Stills. I'm not sure Njoku or another 1st round TE would be on the radar with Thomas now on the Fins. I think maybe look at one of the TE's that drop to the 2nd or 3rd rounds in this deep TE draft class.

@MikeGarafolo: Bears are closing in on an agreement with TE Dion Sims, source says. Dolphins had wanted to retain him and Bears checked with other FA TEs.

:(

That one sucks, would have loved to retain him, very underrated player. Interesting to see what the deal is for.

Yea I was bracing for this. Gray extension coming in handy. Could see Miami look towards an Anthony Fasano in FA for a short term deal if they want more of a blocking TE on the squad.

That's fine. He's a good in-line number 2 TE. But not someone you can't risk to lose.

Draft is LOADED at Tight end.

Yea I was bracing for this. Gray extension coming in handy. Could see Miami look towards an Anthony Fasano in FA for a short term deal if they want more of a blocking TE on the squad.

Would be a good value signing....but I thought I read he was interested in the Jets or Giants (local teams)....and lord knows they have needs at TE

If they sign him for less than 3.5M dollars per year, I would be very mad about this one

Can't afford to draft a TE with the huge needs we have on defense and at guard, especially if we're going the cheap route at guard in free agency.

Now we have to sign a backup TE. I'm good with Fasano on a 1 year deal.

Big loss IMO...I guess you can't keep everyone.

Good for Sims though, back to the midwest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom