Beefy OL Fonoti draws praise from Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Beefy OL Fonoti draws praise from Saban

bluehaze

Practice Squad
Reaction score
"He's a big'n," a smiling Saban said. "Wide-bodies, man, that's really what you're looking for to play inside [on the offensive line]. He's got pretty good feet, and he's a pretty strong guy."

Listed at 350 pounds, it's believed the 6-foot-4 Fonoti is the heaviest player ever signed to the Dolphins' 53-man roster. Fonoti also ranks among the beefiest players in NFL history, reportedly weighing 404 pounds when traded from San Diego to Minnesota in 2005.

Looks like we might have our own version of "The Fridge" :lol:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-spdolnotes09nov09,0,4980078.story?track=rss

What was his playing weight when he went to the Pro Bowl in SD?

I would be VERY surprised if he's still on the roster after the season.

L.T.21 said:
I would be VERY surprised if he's still on the roster after the season.

What up LT? Nice to see you around...

Hey, do you know what his playing weight was when he went to the Pro Bowl with you guys?

Pretty sure his playing weight was 350, they said he shed 35lbs of the 404 he gained before SD let him go so that would make him 369lbs right now.

FinNasty said:
What up LT? Nice to see you around...

Hey, do you know what his playing weight was when he went to the Pro Bowl with you guys?

Hey Nasty:

Yeah--Ive been lurking but posted this the other day (big win vs. Bears)
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=168927

Fonoti never made the Pro-Bowl while he was with us. Hopefully, he has matured and realized just how FORTUNATE he is to have another chance at a career.

IF NOT - he won't survive with Saban / Hudson very long.

Hey LT how was his "nastiness" factor when he was with you guys ??

well i think saban brought him in for injury purposes, the way our line is blocking now is just down right scary, first 4 games 21 sacks, last 5 games 5 or 6 sacks
and there doin a dec job run blocking

Lets just hope this kid makes the most of what is likely his last shot at the NFL. If he does, he could be a monster for us.

PhinsRock said:
Lets just hope this kid makes the most of what is likely his last shot at the NFL. If he does, he could be a monster for us.

yep, I agree...sure would be nice for one of these guys to be a sleeper who ends up dominating :cooldude:

It'd be great if he turned out to be good but a Center is what this team really needs. Rex is a solid RG but it's true his run-blocking doesn't look good on TV anyways...

Jacox is an unimpressive out-of-shape fat guy, as well. I don't see Jacox making the team next year. Maybe Fonoti can take his place.

I remember Bowen and Chester both being over 380 lbs in 2003.

I'm hoping for diamond in the rough out of this guy. We've already got the least sacked QB in the NFL right now, so he wouldn't have to do much

Back
Top Bottom