Belichick may coach 5 more years, wants to coach after Brady retires | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Belichick may coach 5 more years, wants to coach after Brady retires

giveup.gif

fukitol_by_milaysvk-dao0avr.png

meh

as much as i respect bellichek .... i am much less afraid to bellichek + any other qb than bellichek + brady

not surprised he'd want to coach after brady retires...surprised anyone was under the impression that they would walk out of the league hand in hand, anchoring their legacies to one another....

Good.

Lets beat that ****er without Brady to bail him out.

meh

as much as i respect bellichek .... i am much less afraid to bellichek + any other qb than bellichek + brady

not surprised he'd want to coach after brady retires...surprised anyone was under the impression that they would walk out of the league hand in hand, anchoring their legacies to one another....

Everything I've seen indicates he can win without Brady. The most asked question is can Brady win without Bellichek? My thoughts on that question in NO! Brady needs Bellichek more than Bellichek needs him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything I've seen indicates he can win without Brady. The most asked question is can Brady win without Bellichek? My thoughts on that question in NO! Brady needs Bellichek more than Bellichek needs him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's all fine and dandy, but can they exhibit the kind of dominance we've seen the last decade+ without either one or the other?

to that question, my answer is that i doubt it.

meh

Completely agree, Tom Brady will always be under-rated/appreciated by some just because Bellicheat is such a great coach. Tom Brady is a great QB too though, the best I've ever seen in my lifetime because Marino was just a few years before my time. I've always believed Brady > Manning even when Manning was in his prime, I've had this debate many times with a friend over the years, and even he concedes now Brady is the GOAT. The thing that makes Brady so great that even Manning struggled with is winning in the playoffs, I don't care who they get to replace him because Brady's poise under pressure is legendary and Bellicheat will struggle to replace that intangible asset (cough cough Melty Ice). Intangibles are what make Brady so great, and are the hardest thing to scout even for football Gods like Bellicheat.

With the coaching carousel of the AFCE, he would dominate until he decides to retire. I think he coaches another 10 years.

Completely agree, Tom Brady will always be under-rated/appreciated by some just because Bellicheat is such a great coach. Tom Brady is a great QB too though, the best I've ever seen in my lifetime because Marino was just a few years before my time. I've always believed Brady > Manning even when Manning was in his prime, I've had this debate many times with a friend over the years, and even he concedes now Brady is the GOAT. The thing that makes Brady so great that even Manning struggled with is winning in the playoffs, I don't care who they get to replace him because Brady's poise under pressure is legendary and Bellicheat will struggle to replace that intangible asset. Intangibles are what make Brady so great, and are the hardest thing to scout even for football Gods like Bellicheat.

Take a stab at who taught Brady everything he knows at the professional level? From running his offense, to his knowledge on how to read & beat defenses, Belichick made Brady who he is. If it wasn't for Brady, BB would have just taken another QB with similar qualities and coached him up to be great. Manning was a player/coach that has never been seen at QB.

There's a poll and more info in this thread on that exact topic: Who would have more SB's?

And Belichick isn't just a great coach, he's the greatest of all time.

With the coaching carousel of the AFCE, he would dominate until he decides to retire. I think he coaches another 10 years.

The AFCE has one of the more stable coaching situations in the NFL right now, half of the teams have a coach that should easily be there another 5 years in Gase and Bellicheat. In the NFCE for example, I wouldn't be surprised if 3/4 of the teams have new coaches in the next 2-3 years. Change is the only constant in the NFL.

Take a stab at who taught Brady everything he knows at the professional level? From running his offense, to his knowledge on how to read & beat defenses, Belichick made Brady who he is. If it wasn't for Brady, BB would have just taken another QB with similar qualities and coached him up to be great. Manning was a player/coach that has never been seen at QB.

There's a poll and more info in this thread on that exact topic: Who would have more SB's?

And Belichick isn't just a great coach, he's the greatest of all time.

In theory, perhaps. But in reality Brady won 5 (could have won 7 if not for bad luck) and is responsible for the greatest comeback in NFL history. Manning had 1 good drive against CAR, and beat Rex Grossman, how impressive. Bellicheat may have made Brady the QB that he is, but an argument can also be made that since Bellicheat never had any success as a HC before Brady, that in fact Brady is the one who made Bellicheat "the greatest coach of all time". I happen to think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I absolutly don't believe Brady will be this easy cog to replace in the NE machine. And I can't F****** wait to find out, as I've always said and been proven right too many times, Tom Brady scares me.

In theory, perhaps. But in reality Brady won 5 (could have won 7 if not for bad luck) and is responsible for the greatest comeback in NFL history. Manning had 1 good drive against CAR, and beat Rex Grossman, how impressive. Bellicheat may have made Brady the QB that he is, but an argument can also be made that since Bellicheat never had any success as a HC before Brady, that in fact Brady is the one who made Bellicheat "the greatest coach of all time". I happen to think the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but I absolutly don't believe Brady will be this easy cog to replace in the NE machine. And I can't F****** wait to find out, as I've always said and been proven right too many times, Tom Brady scares me.

That's false. Belichick had the Browns on the right track and was with Cleveland for the last time they won a playoff game before Modell yanked the rug out from under the city the following year and moved the organization to Baltimore. Belichick also has 2 SB wins as a defensive coordinator w/ the Giants and was an integral piece in shutting down the Kelly-gun offense of the Bills.

The AFCE has one of the more stable coaching situations in the NFL right now, half of the teams have a coach that should easily be there another 5 years in Gase and Bellicheat. In the NFCE for example, I wouldn't be surprised if 3/4 of the teams have new coaches in the next 2-3 years. Change is the only constant in the NFL.

I disagree. It is very possible Gase could be gone with a couple of bad seasons. Look at Sparano. The Bills and a jets coaching situation is nothing close to stable.

Back
Top Bottom