Believe in Now: 50 days until Super Bowl XLIII | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Believe in Now: 50 days until Super Bowl XLIII

DolFan707

Almost There Since 1973...
Reaction score
So in exactly fifty days from today, December 13, 2008, at 6:00 PM, the Super Bowl will officially kickoff in Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Florida.

This is where the fun begins, boys.

Tomorrow the Miami Dolphins will be doing what all have thought to be impossible- playing meaningful games in the month of December.

If you can recall, the Miami Dolphins were winless in this very same month last year. The day before the Week 15 game vs. the Baltimore Ravens, most sport viewers could agree that the Miami Dolphins would not win a game in the entire 2007 season.

We enter Week 15 this year, tied for first place in one of the toughest divisions in professional sports.

This year has been all about resiliency.

We were 0-2 for the third consecutive year. We were pissed. We wanted revenge. We came in as underdogs. We came out as heroes. Just when you thought we would be kept out of the postseason for the seventh year in a row. Just when you knew getting rid of your two franchise players was a huge mistake. Just when you believed that the only playmaker from the previous year would never see glory again. The Miami Dolphins beat the holy New England Patriots. Yes, that team that drove every South Florida fan crazy. The group of players who were one completion away from accomplishing what only one franchise has ever succeeded in, a perfect season. And yes, the same Pucking New England Fatriots that embarrassed the organization last year.

I will say it again, this year has been all about resiliency.

To conclude, us Miami Dolphin fans deserve this. No I am not referring to a Super Bowl ring. I am talking about spending a Sunday afternoon going to a football game with pride. Expecting to win. Going home happy. Proud of the integrity of all the players and coaches that make up the team you stuck with through all of this century. That is what we deserve.

And hey, an extra day at Dolphin Stadium in early 2009 couldn't hurt either.

50 days. Super Bowl XLIII. BELIEVE IN NOW!

I love the spirit you put into this post. I've said it to my friends ever since we were about to face the Pats for the second time this year that NO MATTER WHAT, if the Dolphins make the playoffs and beyond and even if they do not this season has been one hell of a ride and I'd live it all over again no matter how it ends after last year.

Back
Top Bottom