Bench tannehill!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bench tannehill!!!!!!

KTOWNFINFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry for the attention grabber, but I started this thread to remind each and every one of you that within 3 weeks, there will be at least 20% of the posters on this board saying RT isn't the answer, he can't read defenses, doesn't learn fast enough or some other reason, after he does what rookies do, which is look good one week and not good the next.

You are never as bad as you think you are after a loss, and never as good as you think you are after a win. He didn't suddenly learn all there is to learn this week. Defenses will take away Hartline, our running game, and his rollouts and he will have to do things he doesn't feel comfortable doing. And believe it or not he will FAIL!!!! So will Luck and RG3, but after he fails he will get back up and figure out a little more the next week.

Don't start counting ANY game as a win. We are being lead by a ROOKIE and he will make rookie mistakes. He will get confused, he will make you cuss, and he will make you wonder if he truely is the answer. But the next week he will look better. Give him time he IS our future.

So before you start a thread, out of anger, next week or the week after, when he looks like ..... well a rookie, just know if you do I will be here calling you out, telling you "I told you, you would". :up:

And in case any of you missed my intention, I do NOT believe that Tannehill should be benched. But there will be many that will disagree after he makes a few mistakes.

properly translated, we dont play the raiders again.

Schadenfrueden is fun.

I have little doubt that this thread will cement the legacy of this quarterback for all eternity. There will never be a moment in the future(read: next week) in which people question Ryan Tannehill.

CALDOL:

where did he "call the fans out"?

is this how FH defines calling someone out now.

all he was saying, [his opinion] is the fans are going to be coming WAY off of the euphoria and pie in the sky superbowl dreams they are having now. and they WILL. we dont play the raiders anymore. and for quite a while, they were throwing at will on us!!

this game EASILY could have gone the other way. tanny was what, 18 out of 30?

the guy wasnt calling anyone "out", just stating the obvious.

So before you start a thread, out of anger, next week or the week after, when he looks like ..... well a rookie, just know if you do I will be here calling you out, telling you "I told you, you would". :up:

There you go NRA.

I'd rather read a thread like this than 10 billion sky is falling threads

Of course, it's nice to have something to be positive for once so early in the season, but calling out fans just for the sake of "I'm right, you're wrong" or "I told you so" accomplishes nothing if you ask me. What's the point???

Of course, it's nice to have something to be positive for once so early in the season, but calling out fans just for the sake of "I'm right, you're wrong" or "I told you so" accomplishes nothing if you ask me. What's the point???

The point?? Really?? The point I thought was obvious. Let me try again, the point is DON'T OVERREACT !!!! He is going to have good games and bad games, don't be starting stupid threads about how he is the worst QB in the history of the league because he got a couple of freaking passes batted his in his first ever game. He is not the type of player that will bring us back from 14 down at this point in his career. Be ready for the roller coaster, is all I am saying.

This is the way we will have to win because of ultimate lack of talent. Tannehill making plays when he needs to and a strong running game. I can't stress how those early passes were vital....it opened up the running game. Hartline was huge, I hope he can keep it up! Limit Turnovers, run the ball, and hit some solid passes and we will have a shot in every game.

I think he should get 24 starts before making any grand statements like "bust" or "the greatest dolphin QB of all time?". Minor critiques or praises are fine but they should be contained to one mega Tannehill thread for the season imo.

coach p did something tony couldn:t do win at home tanny will be great give him time and if we could cover a tight end it would carry us a long way wow what run def they played

The point is a good one. Ryan must play the whole season, not only is he the best QB we have, but he is the one who was drafted number 8 overall to become the future of this team. It is a disgrace we didn't provide him with a better receiver corp., but he needs playing time that he won't get on the bench. I happen to believe he has the goods to be a championship QB, but it is imperative that we find out with as much certainty as possible the answer to that question this season.

We enter next season with a boatload of draft picks and cap space. This is a quarterback driven league and if we find that we don't have the right guy...we have to look at next years crop, and so on and so on until we do find the next great Dolphin quarterback. I think Ryan is going to be fine though.

CALDOL:

where did he "call the fans out"?

is this how FH defines calling someone out now.

all he was saying, [his opinion] is the fans are going to be coming WAY off of the euphoria and pie in the sky superbowl dreams they are having now. and they WILL. we dont play the raiders anymore. and for quite a while, they were throwing at will on us!!

this game EASILY could have gone the other way. tanny was what, 18 out of 30?

the guy wasnt calling anyone "out", just stating the obvious.

Here you go, this is what he wrote. "So before you start a thread, out of anger, next week or the week after, when he looks like ..... well a rookie, just know if you do I will be here calling you out, telling you "I told you, you would". "

I get the points the OP is trying to make about overreacting over one good or bad game from Tannehill, or the rest of the team for that matter. It's going to be a process for this young team. However, I've never been a fan of calling out other fellow Dolphins fans just to make an "I told you so" point. I'm sure everyone here has not batted 100 percent on their predictions. We could go on all day and night...hell, all year about who was right or who was wrong, but what's the use? Maybe it's just me, but it accomplishes absolutely nothing except to take away from real conversation about our team. :idk:

Back
Top Bottom